U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-20-2011, 02:08 PM
 
951 posts, read 617,593 times
Reputation: 89

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
LOL This is the stuff I'm talking about. Some people here just throw stuff out here like that. Mexico could legally build a soccer stadium here if they wanted to. What does it have to do with illegal immigration?
The borders aren't there to stop people from visiting or coming to work. They are there for other reasons. Unless we're talking about N. Korea I guess. Their borders are a bit different I believe.

 
Old 07-20-2011, 02:11 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,590,837 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
The borders aren't there to stop people from visiting or coming to work. They are there for other reasons. Unless we're talking about N. Korea I guess. Their borders are a bit different I believe.
Oh, so the border isn't there to keep immigration under control? To create an organized and overlooked method of entrance? They aren't there to differentiate us from other countries? As if to say, "This is ours and this is yours?" It's 2011, I'm pretty sure that that is what our borders are doing as well.
 
Old 07-20-2011, 02:12 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,590,837 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Cue "They are sucking America dry!"
"Why?"
"Social services!!"
"Only children that were born here ate entitled to those."
"THEY HAVE LIKE 8 kids each!"
"But, you just said... Nevermind"
Where did that exchange occur? You guys are hilarious.
 
Old 07-20-2011, 02:15 PM
 
951 posts, read 617,593 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Do you have any statistics that shows that close to not all of them have kids? Also, how are you going to be an illegal immigrant family without kids? When you say family, are you talking about just a man and woman living together or something? 'Cause to me, family means children. You used the term "family" yourself and then turned around and asked how many of those "families" have kids. That doesn't make sense to me unless you meant something else.
Yeah I guess 1 single male would be his own family. Household maybe is a better term. Good thing we got that cleared up. That was potentially devastating to the discussion.


Quote:
According to a report by the Pew Hispanic Center, a think tank that has done extensive research on immigration policy, 3.8 million undocumented immigrants have at least one child who is a citizen.
Should we use the 10.8ish million or 30 million to figure the percentage?

10.8 million - 35.18%
30 million - 12.67%
 
Old 07-20-2011, 02:18 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,007,032 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
If it is legit then WTF are you questioning me? That should have been the end of it.
Uh, because I assume there are actual reasons behind it. I mean, why are you questioning anyone at all? Why debate this subject. Personal principles, choices, etc etc etc!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
We're talking personal principles and choices here. It's silly trying to ask me why I choose to do what I do that is legal and my own personal choice. That's MY point. I'm like, "Why does this person keep trying to debate why I am OK with buying a product from Mexico (which I don't consciously do) and not buying from a company that is U.S. based and uses illegal immigrant labor." I mean, really, what DON'T you get? Some of you keep going on and on about stupid things that should be obvious.
Yeah, we're asking for you to explain why you think that is logically consistent.

So far what you've said is circular.

1. You don't have a problem with Mexicans in their country making things that you buy
2. You do have a problem with buying from illegal Mexicans in this country, because _______________

If you fill that blank in with "illegals are stealing American jobs" then your argument is no longer coherent, because obviously Americans are losing jobs to foreign labor as well.
 
Old 07-20-2011, 02:19 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,590,837 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Yeah I guess 1 single male would be his own family. Household maybe is a better term. Good thing we got that cleared up. That was potentially devastating to the discussion.




Should we use the 10.8ish million or 30 million to figure the percentage.

10.8 million - 35.18%
30 million - 12.67%
How many illegal immigrants do you know that are living by themselves? LOL That's hilarious. You're funny. Not to mention that family is a huge part of life for the majority of our illegal immigrants: Mexicans.

Look at this stuff, hahaha. Hey, did everyone know that 1 person is a "family." So when people ask me if I have family, I can now say, "Yes, I'm my own family."
 
Old 07-20-2011, 02:22 PM
 
951 posts, read 617,593 times
Reputation: 89
So I provided stats showing just over a 1/3rd at best have kids. You're going to nitpick about something I already said I could have stated better because you have no other point to make and will quit saying they are all coming here to have kids right?
 
Old 07-20-2011, 02:23 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,590,837 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Uh, because I assume there are actual reasons behind it. I mean, why are you questioning anyone at all? Why debate this subject. Personal principles, choices, etc etc etc!



Yeah, we're asking for you to explain why you think that is logically consistent.

So far what you've said is circular.

1. You don't have a problem with Mexicans in their country making things that you buy
2. You do have a problem with buying from illegal Mexicans in this country, because _______________

If you fill that blank in with "illegals are stealing American jobs" then your argument is no longer coherent, because obviously Americans are losing jobs to foreign labor as well.
This is why I don't want to waste my time replying to you. You talk about someone being circular, you are the one. Let me break it down for you. First, you completely left out and got off track with my point that supporting companies that have a culture of hiring illegal immigrant workers supports those illegal immigrants being here. I can't do that. Of course, I will not be completely successful avoiding the purchase of goods from companies that are notoriously hiring illegal work. So, if you include the costs that illegal immigrants have on the country and cities, yes, I don't want to support their jobs because without jobs, they leave. When they leave, a job opens up for a legal worker.

So WTF are you saying again? You guys are killing me. Also, didn't I mention global economy? I love nothing better than seeing our neighbor to the South have a healthy economy. It's not my interest to go around thinking that ALL jobs have to be here in the U.S.. Mexico needs jobs and industries too. So, basically you're trying to force me to not want Mexico to have any industries or jobs.
 
Old 07-20-2011, 02:28 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,590,837 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So I provided stats showing just over a 1/3rd at best have kids. You're going to nitpick about something I already said I could have stated better because you have no other point to make and will quit saying they are all coming here to have kids right?
Woah, when did I say they are all coming here to have kids? If you are going to talk to me, you got to cut out all the assumptions. The reason why is because assumptions show your closed-mindedness and motives. You aren't looking to understand, you are coming in with your agenda. That's what I don't waste my time on. Maybe you have me confused with another member or something.
 
Old 07-20-2011, 02:28 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,007,032 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
This is why I don't want to waste my time replying to you. You talk about someone being circular, you are the one. Let me break it down for you. First, you completely left out and got off track with my point that supporting companies that have a culture of hiring illegal immigrant workers supports those illegal immigrants being here. I can't do that. Of course, I will not be completely successful avoiding the purchase of goods from companies that are notoriously hiring illegal work. So, if you include the costs that illegal immigrants have on the country and cities, yes, I don't want to support their jobs because without jobs, they leave. When they leave, a job opens up for a legal worker.

So WTF are you saying again? You guys are killing me. Also, didn't I mention global economy? I love nothing better than seeing our neighbor to the South have a healthy economy. It's not my interest to go around thinking that ALL jobs have to be here in the U.S.. Mexico needs jobs and industries too. So, basically you're trying to force me to not want Mexico to have any industries or jobs.
Jesus Christ, the amount of times we have to rephrase simple things until you guys understand them.

1. You don't want to give your money to places that employ illegals
2. That is because illegals ____________________

Fill in that blank for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top