U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-21-2011, 12:00 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 793,925 times
Reputation: 124

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
No you wouldn't and you would still be $100 in the hole. It's the people they hire that counts, not the money you through at them.

WOW you're not a business owner, you're a burger eater.

busta
You should probably re-read that post and take another guess at the point I was making.

 
Old 07-21-2011, 12:01 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 793,925 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Okay. So exactly what were all those over 400,000 who weren't doing farm work in Georgia doing here?
I just answered that, you quoted the answer.
 
Old 07-21-2011, 05:05 AM
 
12,870 posts, read 12,820,999 times
Reputation: 4451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Ok, what about my prior posts indicates I'm not a farmer?

As far as the rest is concerned, I don't care one way or another whether people want to go to Mexico or not. What does it matter whether or not Mexico's government would be ok with it? They may, they may not, it's up to them. Your question isn't even an accurate analogy, every Mexican is not trying to come into our country.
read them and you will figure it out.

so you are saying that the host country can decide whether illegal immigrants can enter it or not?

our country already decided when it made the rules, and now it's time for foreign illegal immigrants to listen.

i don't know what part of "our economy can't handle all this immigration" you don't understand. most of our high tech jobs have been outsourced, leaving americans (and illegals) to scramble for the low paying pool of jobs that remain, driving wages down further and demand for social services higher. if people think this is sustainable- they really are dreaming.

if our economy collapses, EVERYBODY loses.

Last edited by floridasandy; 07-21-2011 at 06:09 AM..
 
Old 07-21-2011, 06:10 AM
 
403 posts, read 281,812 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
I was talking about labor, yes. More specifically, migrant agricultural labor. People that are willing and eager to put in some serious time in the fields should be allowed to have citizenship here.

The second paragraph of your post is nothing more than a humorous projection. And the last paragraph, if true (which I think it generally is, other than the non-sequiter bit about not coming here to do hard work), defeats most of the arguments against keeping illegals out of the country that are presented in this forum.

Most professional workers have been competing with foreign labor for many years, so no I have no problem with that. It pushes people to be more competitive by improving their skills and looking for ways to innovate and it ultimately leads to a better world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
Dude quit you're full of BS. Come hang a day with me and I can guarantee that you can't handle it so don't pull your BS on me.

Here's and idea, show up at Cholton School readry to work and lets see how you produce. Bet you don't have it in you.


busta
Lol, how is this a response to my post? Is it that unbelievable to you that there are people out there who have respect for people doing tough agricultural labor and don't mind allowing them to become citizens? I guess this is where you want to whip out our dicks and measure them? How about thickness of calluses, lol? There's no way I could cut cabbage, pick onions, or stack sod day in and day out like many of those guys do.
 
Old 07-21-2011, 01:43 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,398,149 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Really? Most Americans I know favor an easier legal option of entry for immigrants and understand they are simply looking for work. Yeah some Americans are called racist after they show racist tendencies. That's not stereotyping though.
You might want to speak with people who are in the workforce rather than the college classroom. Because most Americans do not feel anything but contempt for illegals. Calling that stance racism is ludicrous.

We already have over three hundred million people here. How many more do we need?

Quote:
Yeah you guys never stereotype, except like 2 sentences after you claim you don't. How many illegal families have kids? Hint: It's not even close to all of them.
The truth is not a stereotype. No illegals should be educated at public expense nor should a single American have educational issues because illegals have violated our laws. If illegals want their kids to get an education let them move back home. You and your little friends are a very good illustration of our need to improve America's educational system. When you lack critical thinking skills it's quite sadly apparent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
It's not the only reason.

Well, if you read the posts in this forum, it's pretty hard to conclude anything but that, and I'm inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt, big time. There are literally thousands of posts complaining about how awful it is to have to hear people speak spanish, or have to see mexicans in wal-mart, or mexicans this or mexicans that.

If it quacks like a duck....
So your definition of racism is that people are upset that people who live here don't speak English? How is that racism? What does someone rudely refusing to learn the dominant language of a place you have volunatarily moved have to do with their skin color? Or that people are complaining about Mexicans when the vast majority of illegals are Mexicans and Mexican officials constantly whine that our government dares enforce our immigration laws? Or people get upset that Latino pols perpetually demand things for their raza rather than for their fellow Americans?

That's not a duck. That's not even a quack.
 
Old 07-21-2011, 02:17 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 793,925 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
So your definition of racism is that people are upset that people who live here don't speak English? How is that racism? What does someone rudely refusing to learn the dominant language of a place you have volunatarily moved have to do with their skin color? Or that people are complaining about Mexicans when the vast majority of illegals are Mexicans and Mexican officials constantly whine that our government dares enforce our immigration laws? Or people get upset that Latino pols perpetually demand things for their raza rather than for their fellow Americans?

That's not a duck. That's not even a quack.
That's not my DEFINITION of racism but wow, it's a huge red flag. I mean, let's not beat around the bush here, everyone complaining about "illegals" in this forum are really complaining about the spanish-speaking variety specifically. They explicitly mention this all the time. And yes, "spanish speaking" isn't a race, technically, but the correlation with a particular ethnic group is, shall we say, more than just a coincidence.

Yes, racists are pretty sophisticated nowadays. They don't just come right out and beat their chests about how they hate (insert ethnic slur here). But you don't have to be a PhD to pick up on it.
 
Old 07-21-2011, 02:35 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,009,326 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
What does someone rudely refusing to learn the dominant language of a place you have volunatarily moved have to do with their skin color?
I very much enjoy this sentence.

You see, we could be sitting here having discussions about the merits of learning the most popular language in a given place. We do sometimes.

But you guys have a knack for assuming your conclusion that is so built into your worldview that you can't even avoid writing a sentence without giving it away.

Topic: Is it rude to refuse to learn the dominant language of a place you moved to?

Topic as perceived by Eleanora: Is it rude to rudely refuse to learn the dominant language of a place you moved to?

Answer by Eleanora: well DUH, the word rude is IN THE DESCRIPTION dontchaknow!
 
Old 07-21-2011, 02:39 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,398,149 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
That's not my DEFINITION of racism but wow, it's a huge red flag. I mean, let's not beat around the bush here, everyone complaining about "illegals" in this forum are really complaining about the spanish-speaking variety specifically. They explicitly mention this all the time. And yes, "spanish speaking" isn't a race, technically, but the correlation with a particular ethnic group is, shall we say, more than just a coincidence.

Yes, racists are pretty sophisticated nowadays. They don't just come right out and beat their chests about how they hate (insert ethnic slur here). But you don't have to be a PhD to pick up on it.
Latinos constitute eighty percent of all illegals so when speaking about illegals we are indeed primarily speaking about Spanish speakers. Many Latino pols including the senate's only Latino senator advocate amnesty despite pols showing most Americans do not support this stance. Why is racism to point this out? Your side is so focused on your black hole of a belief that every single person who opposes illegal immigration is nothing but a racist it's pathetic.

All you're doing is trying to shut down discussion on this issue by not allowing anti-illegals to state facts. It won't work.
 
Old 07-21-2011, 02:43 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,398,149 times
Reputation: 2345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
I very much enjoy this sentence.

You see, we could be sitting here having discussions about the merits of learning the most popular language in a given place. We do sometimes.

But you guys have a knack for assuming your conclusion that is so built into your worldview that you can't even avoid writing a sentence without giving it away.

Topic: Is it rude to refuse to learn the dominant language of a place you moved to?

Topic as perceived by Eleanora: Is it rude to rudely refuse to learn the dominant language of a place you moved to?

Answer by Eleanora: well DUH, the word rude is IN THE DESCRIPTION dontchaknow!
You left out: Eleanora is a racist, racist, racist!
 
Old 07-21-2011, 03:44 PM
 
403 posts, read 281,812 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
read them and you will figure it out.

so you are saying that the host country can decide whether illegal immigrants can enter it or not?

our country already decided when it made the rules, and now it's time for foreign illegal immigrants to listen.

i don't know what part of "our economy can't handle all this immigration" you don't understand. most of our high tech jobs have been outsourced, leaving americans (and illegals) to scramble for the low paying pool of jobs that remain, driving wages down further and demand for social services higher. if people think this is sustainable- they really are dreaming.

if our economy collapses, EVERYBODY loses.
It would be perfect if you were from Palatka.

I'm still having trouble, could you point me to a few specific posts I made that really show my unfarmerlyness?

What part of "falling wages help keep businesses in this country" do you not understand? Protectionism schemes will not help prevent our economy from collapsing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top