U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-19-2011, 05:40 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,618,516 times
Reputation: 1271

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I find it odd that people hate the bail outs we recently did to certain businesses yet they are quite ok subsidizing other Companies illegal work forces while the businesses make profits.
Exactly. That's why I'm just laughing. I just let the previous posts speak for themselves.

 
Old 07-19-2011, 05:59 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,254,096 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
What? LOL You guys are definitely a new breed around here. Just get straight to the point. You throw out like 5 bizarre scenarios to my 1 scenario. That is the ratio around here. Five to one. Haha. I'm not even going to try to respond.
You have my admiration for trying to reason with totally unreasonable people in here. I gave up long ago. I think the most bizarre argument I have heard yet justifing employment of illegal aliens rather than Americans is that if Americans were hired instead it would be considered a "bail out" for them. I nearly spit my coffee all over my keyboard on that one.
 
Old 07-19-2011, 06:48 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,618,516 times
Reputation: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You have my admiration for trying to reason with totally unreasonable people in here. I gave up long ago. I think the most bizarre argument I have heard yet justifing employment of illegal aliens rather than Americans is that if Americans were hired instead it would be considered a "bail out" for them. I nearly spit my coffee all over my keyboard on that one.
Hahaha. I hear you. Thanks.
 
Old 07-19-2011, 06:57 PM
 
148 posts, read 67,571 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You have my admiration for trying to reason with totally unreasonable people in here. I gave up long ago. I think the most bizarre argument I have heard yet justifing employment of illegal aliens rather than Americans is that if Americans were hired instead it would be considered a "bail out" for them. I nearly spit my coffee all over my keyboard on that one.
You do know you are stealing American jobs and giving it to Colombians and Costa Ricans every time you buy coffee instead of tea.
 
Old 07-19-2011, 07:16 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 799,998 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I find it odd that people hate the bail outs we recently did to certain businesses yet they are quite ok subsidizing other Companies illegal work forces while the businesses make profits.
Please explain how this subsidy works.
 
Old 07-19-2011, 07:17 PM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,249,293 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
You do know you are stealing American jobs and giving it to Colombians and Costa Ricans every time you buy coffee instead of tea.
FAIL!

xcept maybe Hawaii, can coffee be grown here in the USA?
 
Old 07-19-2011, 07:33 PM
 
148 posts, read 67,571 times
Reputation: 24
Only in Hawaii and not in the amount required for any kind of real demand satisfaction. Tea can be grown in the US as far north as Washington. Chicagonut needs to stop subsidizing those South Americans at the cost of America tea workers, or only by Hawaiian coffee or else she is taking money from the pockets of Americans and giving it to South Americans. Stop bailing out South America!
 
Old 07-19-2011, 07:34 PM
 
12,870 posts, read 12,872,896 times
Reputation: 4451
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
So flip that around. You've got citizen workers who can't find jobs - not our problem. Citizen workers always have to deal with the issue of supply and demand, or they fail. It's that simple and plenty of citizen workers fail and it isn't our problem. Should we intervene with any citizen worker that has some kind of problem?
you can't flip that around, because illegals have ALREADY intervened -and not by our choice.

we wouldn't have an issue of too many workers if we didn't have so many illegal immigrants.


i see you won't even being to address the fact that they are breaking OUR laws also. i don't know how much other countries put up with lawbreakers but i know that mexico isn't as tolerant as we have been.

i cannot believe the arrogance of the pro illegal crowd. i would NEVER go into someone else's country and start telling them what the rules are now going to be.... most of us have more respect for the citizens of other countries.

it is getting unreal.
 
Old 07-19-2011, 09:06 PM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,249,293 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
Only in Hawaii and not in the amount required for any kind of real demand satisfaction. Tea can be grown in the US as far north as Washington. Chicagonut needs to stop subsidizing those South Americans at the cost of America tea workers, or only by Hawaiian coffee or else she is taking money from the pockets of Americans and giving it to South Americans. Stop bailing out South America!
This has Nada to do with illegal aliens.

Im ok with buyin stuff from Mexico made by Mexicans IN Mexico. Same from South Americans in there countrys.
 
Old 07-19-2011, 09:22 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 799,998 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Im ok with buyin stuff from Mexico made by Mexicans IN Mexico. Same from South Americans in there countrys.
But if you buy stuff made in Mexico you're stealing from american businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top