Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 01:22 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
So the line "illegals are doing jobs americans don't want" is some sort of made-up anti-american propaganda but when the illegals are magically gotten rid of and none of the hard working non-lazy americans show up to get those jobs, we have to find a bunch of prison (i.e. slave) labor to bring in to fill the jobs.

How many times must we debunk this BS?

‪Legal Workers Line Up for Restaurant Jobs After Sheriff Joe Raids‬‏ - YouTube

Quote:
During a break at a House of Raeford Farms plant in eastern North Carolina, dozens of workers in hairnets and rubber boots mingled outside the large gray factory among scattered turkey feathers.

It was a typical sight except for one thing: Most of the poultry processing workers were African American – not Latino, as they have been for much of the past decade.

House of Raeford, one of the nation's top chicken and turkey producers, appears to be transforming its workforce amid a court fight over federal charges that a subsidiary knowingly hired illegal immigrants.
ALIPAC Forums-viewtopic-N.C.: At House of Raeford, far fewer Latino workers

Quote:
In the days after the raid, hundreds of people lined up outside the plant to apply for jobs. Jobs at Howard Industries were among the most coveted in the area, which is in Mississippi's Pine Belt region and is home to a commercial timber industry and chicken processing plants.
Executive for Mississippi's Howard Industries Sentenced for Hiring Undocumented Immigrants - Fox News Latino

Old 07-18-2011, 01:49 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
The US Gov't could issue Work Authorization documents to these individuals, giving them the legal right to work and be here. If this process is expedited they can get can back into the fields before this causes a serious strain to Georgia's agricultural economy.
Or the farmer could apply for legal immigrant workers already waiting in their homelands by using the H-2A visas asking the government to expidite them so the crops will get picked. But then again his profits would be less because he would have to pay a fair wage and provide some benefits for them. Can't have that, now can we? And no, a head of lettuce would not cost the consumer $10.00 or even close to that contrary to the pro-illegal propaganda.

Old 07-18-2011, 01:59 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxBuppie View Post
The it was not your responsibility to create the situation.
I didn't. I don't live in Georgia.

The farmers are the ones who created the situation by hiring the illegals in the first place. And the illegals, for being here when they have no right to be. Point the finger at them.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:02 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I didn't. I don't live in Georgia.

The farmers are the ones who created the situation by hiring the illegals in the first place. And the illegals, for being here when they have no right to be. Point the finger at them.
You're exactly right. If the farmers had planned ahead and used the H-2A visas instead of breaking the law by hiring illegal aliens they wouldn't be in this pickle. Put the blame where the blame belongs.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:05 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,113 times
lol @ farmers creating the situation.

Recap:

1. No one wants to do the job
2. Illegal immigrants want to do the job
3. Illegal immigrants get hired
4. Crackdown eliminates illegal immigrants from the equation
5. No one wants to do the job

Old 07-18-2011, 02:25 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
lol @ farmers creating the situation.

Recap:

1. No one wants to do the job
2. Illegal immigrants want to do the job
3. Illegal immigrants get hired
4. Crackdown eliminates illegal immigrants from the equation
5. No one wants to do the job
6. some people want to do some other job, ergo 5 is false somehow.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:40 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Illegal workers removed, business owner whines. Alternate solution presented, business owner whines. They could raise wages giving the owner the ability to manage the speed things get done but I'm sure that will meet opposition too.

Or the business can just fold! All are solutions.

Old 07-18-2011, 02:42 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Illegal workers removed, business owner whines. Alternate solution presented, business owner whines. They could raise wages giving the owner the ability to manage the speed things get done but I'm sure that will meet opposition too.

Wat

Old 07-18-2011, 02:47 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

If McDonalds paid $100/hr I'd get my big mac a lot faster?

Old 07-18-2011, 02:54 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
If McDonalds paid $100/hr I'd get my big mac a lot faster?
You do have the option of firing people. For 20 bucks an hour your employee base will improve. I don't use extremes in my scenarios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration