Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 06:16 PM

951 posts, read 745,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
What type of work are you talking about that they should be allowed to do. Is it labor? how will you feel when they come here and get an education and start taking jobs away from you?

Oh I get it. It's OK to take labor jobs away but when they start taking accountants, lawyers, and other professional jobs away you will see the problem with this.

Well I have some news for you. Let these illegals in as laborers and they will have kids that will get an education and take you and your families jobs away. You really think they are coming here to do hard work?

busta
People come and take these jobs all the time. These are the types of visas we give out. Do you see any of us complaining? I take it you are against all immigration?

Last edited by huddledmasses; 07-20-2011 at 06:26 PM..

Old 07-20-2011, 06:19 PM

403 posts, read 333,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustaduke View Post
What type of work are you talking about that they should be allowed to do. Is it labor? how will you feel when they come here and get an education and start taking jobs away from you?

Oh I get it. It's OK to take labor jobs away but when they start taking accountants, lawyers, and other professional jobs away you will see the problem with this.

Well I have some news for you. Let these illegals in as laborers and they will have kids that will get an education and take you and your families jobs away. You really think they are coming here to do hard work?

busta
I was talking about labor, yes. More specifically, migrant agricultural labor. People that are willing and eager to put in some serious time in the fields should be allowed to have citizenship here.

The second paragraph of your post is nothing more than a humorous projection. And the last paragraph, if true (which I think it generally is, other than the non-sequiter bit about not coming here to do hard work), defeats most of the arguments against keeping illegals out of the country that are presented in this forum.

Most professional workers have been competing with foreign labor for many years, so no I have no problem with that. It pushes people to be more competitive by improving their skills and looking for ways to innovate and it ultimately leads to a better world.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:41 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,050,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
IThey could raise wages giving the owner the ability to manage the speed things get done but I'm sure that will meet opposition too.
Yea right I had several restaurants that I tried to raise the price on food to cover tips and everyone said that my food was to high. Most Americans don't want service, they want cheep and quick and they lie through there teeth.

busta

Old 07-20-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
If McDonalds paid $100/hr I'd get my big mac a lot faster?

No you wouldn't and you would still be $100 in the hole. It's the people they hire that counts, not the money you through at them.

WOW you're not a business owner, you're a burger eater.

busta

Old 07-20-2011, 06:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
People come and take these jobs all the time. These are the types of visas we give out. Do you see any of us complaining? I take it you are against all immigration?
He stated that he has 37 legals working for him. I doubt he like myself is against legal immigration. I am all for legal immigration and against rewarding those who cheated.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:

No I am against illegal immigration

not legal

busta

Old 07-20-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
I was talking about labor, yes. More specifically, migrant agricultural labor. People that are willing and eager to put in some serious time in the fields should be allowed to have citizenship here.

The second paragraph of your post is nothing more than a humorous projection. And the last paragraph, if true (which I think it generally is, other than the non-sequiter bit about not coming here to do hard work), defeats most of the arguments against keeping illegals out of the country that are presented in this forum.

Most professional workers have been competing with foreign labor for many years, so no I have no problem with that. It pushes people to be more competitive by improving their skills and looking for ways to innovate and it ultimately leads to a better world.

Dude quit you're full of BS. Come hang a day with me and I can guarantee that you can't handle it so don't pull your BS on me.

Here's and idea, show up at Cholton School readry to work and lets see how you produce. Bet you don't have it in you.

busta

Old 07-20-2011, 08:11 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Money where his mouth is? I'm still waiting for him to accept a wager on his claim that he could become fluent in a foreign language in a couple months. Don't hold your breath.
Ya lo he hecho.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:14 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Other jobs? Is this supposed to be some AHA!!! gotcha shocker?

I guess you know how to run their businesses better than they do.
Okay. So exactly what were all those over 400,000 who weren't doing farm work in Georgia doing here?

And exactly the same could have been said about the slave masters, and many of you would have jumped up to say it.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:37 PM

403 posts, read 333,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
you do realize that we can tell you aren't a farmer by reading your prior posts?

still waiting for the illegal immigrants to answer this one:

are you okay with all americans entering mexico and demanding jobs and social services in mexico? do you think the mexican government would be okay with that?

what do you think that would do to mexico?

because we could try that, because what we have here isn't working out for america.
Bump for Floridasandy.

I'm awaiting to see the conclusive evidence that proves I'm not a farmer. I will go a step further with my claim. I'm a farmer in Florida. :-o
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration