U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 05:00 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,649,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
But in many cities in CA/TX/AZ/NM, this is not the case, they maintain the culture, language and loyalty to the home country.
You forgot Massachusetts.

I met the mayor of a small city north of Boston that is 71% Hispanic and he was offended when I asked him to talk to me in ENGLISH and not Spanish because I do not speak that language. The frickin MAYOR! He has been in this country for more than 30 years. (I heard he came here illegally in the 70's and was given amnesty in the 80's)

His voter base wants him kicked out of the office due to massive corruption. He spends more time sending gifts aka an ambulance, a school bus back to the Dominican Republic than actually fixing the problems the city that elected him is having.

SO much for assimilation and loyalty to the residents of the city he was elected to lead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 05:04 PM

403 posts, read 280,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Well, I assume you check for papers? Or are you one of these employers I speak of that is giving illegals jobs...maybe that is why you are defending them in this thread.
Our employees show all the necessary paperwork legally required to be shown.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:22 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,156,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
You forgot Massachusetts.

I met the mayor of a small city north of Boston that is 71% Hispanic and he was offended when I asked him to talk to me in ENGLISH and not Spanish because I do not speak that language. The frickin MAYOR! He has been in this country for more than 30 years. (I heard he came here illegally in the 70's and was given amnesty in the 80's)

His voter base wants him kicked out of the office due to massive corruption. He spends more time sending gifts aka an ambulance, a school bus back to the Dominican Republic than actually fixing the problems the city that elected him is having.

SO much for assimilation and loyalty to the residents of the city he was elected to lead.
Oh I am sure he is loyal to the 71% Hispanic population in that city.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
You don't seem to get it. They broke the law. They did NOT hold up their end of "the deal." To break our law is not patriotic.
*sigh* Here we go. Just to be certain, you think breaking the law is not patriotic hence it makes them unpatriotic by definition, correct?

Old 07-18-2011, 05:26 PM

5,547 posts, read 8,298,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
*sigh* Here we go. Just to be certain, you think breaking the law is not patriotic hence it makes them unpatriotic by definition, correct?
You tell me what is patriotic about breaking our laws.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Ok, well, by your line of argumentation anyone who speeds or comes to a rolling stop at a stop sign is unpatriotic.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
This post is OT and I find it really low that you'd actually create or participate in a thread mocking another CD member. 'Nuff said.
Why did you bother to call this post out and not ChicagoNut's who I was responding to?

Old 07-18-2011, 06:10 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,892,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Ok, well, by your line of argumentation anyone who speeds or comes to a rolling stop at a stop sign is unpatriotic.
Or maybe we just question ones patriotism when they can't even be bothered to enter the country leagally?
We can call someone who breaks into a home a guest or even a squatter an occupant.
But that doesnt make them loyal to you the owner or even respectful. In fact quite the opposite can be assumed.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Or maybe we just question ones patriotism when they can't even be bothered to enter the country leagally?
We can call someone who breaks into a home a guest or even a squatter an occupant.
But that doesnt make them loyal to you the owner or even respectful. In fact quite the opposite can be assumed.
That's not what she said.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:33 PM

1,574 posts, read 789,949 times
Quote:
Was this guy unpatriotic?

http://www.writespirit.net/inspirational_talks/political/martin_luther_king_talks/martin-luther-king2.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or