U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:31 PM
 
951 posts, read 622,392 times
Reputation: 89

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The businesses that knowingly hire illegals also do not pay their required taxes. In addition, we must foot the bill for the support of their illegal workforce. It isnít dishonesty. Itís a FACT.
Approx. 75% of the businesses are filing taxes for illegals whether they know they are legal or not. Even if this number is inaccurate a large portion pay taxes. How can you sit here and repeat this b.s. about them all not paying taxes in every damn thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:52 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,927,308 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Re-quoting for lulz
You can re-quote to your heartís desire. It doesnít change the fact that those who employ illegals are not only greedy but unscrupulous, and are only concerned with making a profit, not offering lower prices to consumers, which is quite evident in our skyrocketing prices. Again, you canít provide even one example of lower prices due to illegal immigration.

I notice you ignored my question, so Iíll state it again. How can illegal aliens provide ďcheapĒ labor, if, as you have frequently claimed, they are being paid the same wages as citizens, and their employers are paying all of the required taxes and insurance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:56 PM
 
951 posts, read 622,392 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Even more telling is the fact that they refuse to publicize the true costs to taxpayers.
Oh the government has, you just don't trust the gov't unless they provide a figure you want to saddle up with.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/87xx/doc8...mmigration.pdf

Quote:
Most of the estimates found that even though
unauthorized immigrants pay taxes and other fees to
state and local jurisdictions, the resulting revenues offset
only a portion of the costs incurred by those jurisdictions
for providing services related to education,
health care, and law enforcement. Although it is difficult
to obtain precise estimates of the net impact of
the unauthorized population on state and local budgets
that impact is most likely modest.

Modest. This also isn't accounting for the fact that federally, they pay in more than they take out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:58 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,927,308 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Approx. 75% of the businesses are filing taxes for illegals whether they know they are legal or not. Even if this number is inaccurate a large portion pay taxes. How can you sit here and repeat this b.s. about them all not paying taxes in every damn thread?
Please cite your source. What mythical report states that 75% of illegal employers are paying their required taxes? The government would first have to have knowledge of most illegal employers to make that determination. Hmmm. . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:59 PM
 
951 posts, read 622,392 times
Reputation: 89
You've seen and refused to look at the SSA links numerous times. lulz. Ignorance is bliss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 08:00 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,014,568 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How can illegal aliens provide “cheap” labor, if, as you have frequently claimed, they are being paid the same wages as citizens, and their employers are paying all of the required taxes and insurance?
They can't. Unfortunately for you that's not true. They are often willing to work for less. Or they do the work better. There is no other reason to hire them. When there are two employees, and both are offering the same exact service and price, I do not care who the employer chooses. You are the one who would wish to punish employers based on the citizenship status of the worker.

Keep shifting that goalpost. You concede that employers who employ illegals have an advantage, but refuse to accept that this translates into lower savings? Why? Well, you better think of something! I mean, otherwise you'd just have to concede the point. So uh...they don't work as well! Yeah, that's it. Cheap wood, etc. Or like, it doesn't MATTER if prices are lowered, because they stealin' our welfare! (not that you phrased it like this, since you refuse to admit that lower wages tend toward lower prices).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 08:04 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,927,308 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Oh the government has, you just don't trust the gov't unless they provide a figure you want to saddle up with.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/87xx/doc8...mmigration.pdf




Modest. This also isn't accounting for the fact that federally, they pay in more than they take out.
And, exactly what is the basis for their reports? It certainly couldnít be actual data. After all, there is NOTHING available on this phantom population, other than recent prison costs. Heck, we can only guesstimate their K-12 costs, given that schools are prohibited from inquiring about immigration status. Mind you, these are the same so-called experts who estimated we had 1 million illegals in 1986. Donít make me laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 08:05 PM
 
951 posts, read 622,392 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
And, exactly what is the basis for their reports? It certainly couldn’t be actual data. After all, there is NOTHING available on this phantom population, other than recent prison costs. Heck, we can only guesstimate their K-12 costs, given that schools are prohibited from inquiring about immigration status. Mind you, these are the same so-called experts who estimated we had 1 million illegals in 1986. Don’t make me laugh.
Here we go again. Gov't actually has a study but it doesn't fit Benicar's agenda therefore it's not valid. The hilarious thing is that you somehow still manage to post links about costs locally like every single thread whether it's on topic or not. Amazing. Of course these articles you post don't ever include the local tax money brought in by these same illegals, just the horrific costs for things like educating American citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 08:06 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 19,037,096 times
Reputation: 6518
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Oh the government has, you just don't trust the gov't unless they provide a figure you want to saddle up with.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/87xx/doc8...mmigration.pdf




Modest. This also isn't accounting for the fact that federally, they pay in more than they take out.
Oh come now. How can we trust the math of the gov when they fail so miserably in just about all their calculations? They can't count their fingers and toes and come up with same number twice.
How can this mismanage the budget so badly and still expect 1 iota of credibility?
Add to this they have an agenda and the agenda will always reflect the position of making sure the elected officials dont look any worse than they can get away with.
On one hand they admit they dont know the actual number of illegals on the next they some how are able to project what they cost us. Now if you dont know the number how can one project the cost???
Sort of like projecting fuel economy when you dont know the miles driven, or the amount of fuel used.
Congressional Budget office. If their math is so good please explain how we cant balance the budget???? How does it keep getting worse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 08:09 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,927,308 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
They can't. Unfortunately for you that's not true. They are often willing to work for less. Or they do the work better. There is no other reason to hire them. When there are two employees, and both are offering the same exact service and price, I do not care who the employer chooses. You are the one who would wish to punish employers based on the citizenship status of the worker.

Keep shifting that goalpost. You concede that employers who employ illegals have an advantage, but refuse to accept that this translates into lower savings? Why? Well, you better think of something! I mean, otherwise you'd just have to concede the point. So uh...they don't work as well! Yeah, that's it. Cheap wood, etc. Or like, it doesn't MATTER if prices are lowered, because they stealin' our welfare! (not that you phrased it like this, since you refuse to admit that lower wages tend toward lower prices).
So, you are standing by your contradiction. Illegals are cheap labor, and thus lower prices, and they are simultaneously being paid the same as citizens, including their overhead. Okay.

No, their cheap labor translates into mega profits for employers, not lower prices. You canít prove otherwise, or you would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top