U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:09 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,793 times
Reputation: 89

Advertisements

Yeah the balanced budget issues are because of bad math and things would be like a fairy land if only for our inability to do math. LOL. The budget issue is actually because neither party can decide what to cut. Keep on making **** up though. It's nothing new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:11 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,793 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
So, you are standing by your contradiction. Illegals are cheap labor, and thus lower prices, and they are simultaneously being paid the same as citizens, including their overhead. Okay.

No, their cheap labor translates into mega profits for employers, not lower prices. You can’t prove otherwise, or you would.
Way to change your argument. I already replied to your first attempt.

Quote:
It's funny. You claim the cheap labor illegals provide results in savings for consumers. But, you also argue that they are paid the same as legal workers, and that all required taxes, insurance, etc. are paid. So, which is it? It certainly can’t be both.
Hint: The legal immigrants are willing to work for less as well. If the illegals are getting paid the same as legals they could still both be cheaper than the citizens are willing to do it for. Pocket the savings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:15 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
We cannot speak for the reasons people did what they did decades ago, however the fact remains that these early immigrants for the most part came here legally...
Please explain how early immigrants "came here legally"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Here we go again. Gov't actually has a study but it doesn't fit Benicar's agenda therefore it's not valid. The hilarious thing is that you somehow still manage to post links about costs locally like every single thread whether it's on topic or not. Amazing. Of course these articles you post don't ever include the local tax money brought in by these same illegals, just the horrific costs for things like educating American citizens.
I think tinman explained it perfectly. Furthermore, hospitals know when they’re spending millions on illegals, and schools know when they are being bankrupted due to massive enrollment by non-citizens. The federal government is a joke, and only few do not realize this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:19 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Way to change your argument. I already replied to your first attempt.



Hint: The legal immigrants are willing to work for less as well. If the illegals are getting paid the same as legals they could still both be cheaper than the citizens are willing to do it for. Pocket the savings.
Go back to post #150. You are responding to comments I made to Rock, not you. That is, unless you are the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:20 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,793 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I think tinman explained it perfectly. Furthermore, hospitals know when they’re spending millions on illegals, and schools know when they are being bankrupted due to massive enrollment by non-citizens. The federal government is a joke, and only few do not realize this.

So why do you ask for gov't studies then even? I mean, every study I can find except for ones published by CIS and their sister organization say these costs, if any, are modest yet you deny deny deny. Then of course if the gov't says something you can construe as a figure you want to use then the gov't is a-ok lol.

Do you think they just estimated these local and state costs or actually got them from the hospitals, schools, and states?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:22 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Yeah the balanced budget issues are because of bad math and things would be like a fairy land if only for our inability to do math. LOL. The budget issue is actually because neither party can decide what to cut. Keep on making **** up though. It's nothing new.
If you only knew who actually produces most government reports. That's why I can't help laughing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:22 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,011,547 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What happened in the past and how immigration was handled back then is totally irrelevent to today's rules. Once you get that through your head you might be able to debate this issue based on today's laws and today's immigration both legal and illegal...
But I wanted to talk about the "illegal aliens" of the past. They were able to slip through the system, and not raise any suspicion that they were among the population. Clearly those rules of the past are important enough now for quite a few people here to state that they are sure their ancestors "came here legally" (and worked hard, in English, on top of all that too).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:23 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,793 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If you only knew who actually produces most government reports. That's why I can't help laughing.
oh enlighten us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2011, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Yeah the balanced budget issues are because of bad math and things would be like a fairy land if only for our inability to do math. LOL. The budget issue is actually because neither party can decide what to cut. Keep on making **** up though. It's nothing new.
Well if the math were as solid as you claim why can't they decide what to cut?
Why would they insist on the waste of billions of dollars if they had hard numbers?
never made the claim anything would be a fairy land.
Now I am always civil towards you.
The budget issue like most the woes of our gov are a result of people relying on funny numbers instead of facts. Imagine if you ran your household budget in this manner?
Well if i get 20 hours of overtime each week and I have friends donate money and and and I ll be able to afford....
Thats how the fed operates.
They cant count their ballz and get the same number twice.
Why do projects seldom come in on budget?
Yet private business seems to be able to manage it?
CBO another way to say bullsheet artists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top