U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-23-2011, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
The people your legitimate contractors are losing bids to aren't consumers? Wow. You're shifting the argument in to complete fantasy land now.
Let me know when you have something substantive to add to this thread. Until then, I am through with this discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-23-2011, 10:53 AM
 
951 posts, read 617,107 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Considering they are prohibited by law from inquiring about immigration status, they have no choice but to “estimate” the costs. But, at least they have actual fees relative to actual services rendered from which to base their estimates. Conversely, the federal government has no data, so how can they even estimate?
Please explain.



Quote:
Not one single time? I suppose the thread I posted on bogus reporting doesn’t count.
Feel free to actually, you know, show that their stat methodologies are incorrect estimates and how far off their margin of error is. You haven't proven that they have provided bogus reporting of anything, you've just claimed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Let me know when you have something substantive to add to this thread. Until then, I am through with this discussion.
LOL. Explain how the guy taking bids on something he has to purchase isn't a consumer. It sounds like he is the main consumer of the work the bidders are doing. herp a derp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 10:55 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times
Reputation: 22159
Sure we all can trust the same government that had the statistics to show us that NAFTA would create millions of new jobs for the American people.

Or that has spent us into a disaster because it doesn't have the right statistics needed to balance it's checkbook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Please explain.


Feel free to actually, you know, show that their stat methodologies are incorrect estimates and how far off their margin of error is. You haven't proven that they have provided bogus reporting of anything, you've just claimed it.

LOL. Explain how the guy bidding on something he has to purchase isn't a consumer herp a derp.
Okay, let me break it down for you. Each school district has a cost per student fee, as well as a cost per ESL class. Likewise, hospitals charge specific fees depending on services rendered. Hence, they have ďactualĒ recorded expenditures. I canít believe you didnít know this.

Again, let me know when you have your proof. Bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 11:08 AM
 
951 posts, read 617,107 times
Reputation: 89
So how do they know how many of those costs to attribute to illegals since they can't keep track and the gov't is wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 11:09 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Feel free to actually, you know, show that their stat methodologies are incorrect estimates and how far off their margin of error is. You haven't proven that they have provided bogus reporting of anything, you've just claimed it.
Why donít you come over to the thread and explain how my assessment of each agency is wrong? I am sure you can explain how the government can estimate without having data from which to base their estimates. Címon show us how they do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 11:20 AM
 
951 posts, read 617,107 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why don’t you come over to the thread and explain how my assessment of each agency is wrong? I am sure you can explain how the government can estimate without having data from which to base their estimates. C’mon show us how they do it.
You started the thread. You look up their methodologies for arriving at their estimates and prove their methods of estimation wrong. They all claim they don't know an exact number but are doing their best to come up with estimates. Nothing more. All that thread is you posting a department of the gov't and said, they don't keep track of illegals there is no way they can estimate things!!! Well, let's get back to the hospitals and schools....how do they estimate these things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 11:28 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So how do they know how many of those costs to attribute to illegals since they can't keep track and the gov't is wrong?
Okay, one more time. A child is enrolled in school, letís say the 5th grade. The child understands no English, has no U.S. birth certificate, and the parentís do not have documents indicating they are here legally. In fact, they have no form of ID other than a Mexican Matricula Card. How likely is it that that child is in this country legally? Likewise, a patient enters the hospital in labor. She also speaks no English, has no SSN, no valid ID, and no insurance. She has a C-Section delivery and her total cost for her hospital stay is $15,000. Do you actually think they will not suspect this person as being an illegal alien?

If you want more in-depth info on how schools and hospitals determine illegal immigration status, I suggest you do a little research.

As for the federal government, I have already explained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
You started the thread. You look up their methodologies for arriving at their estimates and prove their methods of estimation wrong. They all claim they don't know an exact number but are doing their best to come up with estimates. Nothing more. All that thread is you posting a department of the gov't and said, they don't keep track of illegals there is no way they can estimate things!!! Well, let's get back to the hospitals and schools....how do they estimate these things?
How can they claim to “do their best" when they refuse to even allow states to inquire about a person’s immigration status? If they actually wanted to know the costs associated with let’s say K-12, they would require immigration status to be indicated on each child’s school record. They would still be allowed to attend school, but we would then have an accurate accounting of the costs.

For the LAST time. They (federal government) have NO data to analyze. So, clearly, they cannot estimate costs. Again, consider each agency and their lack of data, and explain why my assessment is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 11:38 AM
 
951 posts, read 617,107 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Okay, one more time. A child is enrolled in school, letís say the 5th grade. The child understands no English, has no U.S. birth certificate, and the parentís do not have documents indicating they are here legally. In fact, they have no form of ID other than a Mexican Matricula Card. How likely is it that that child is in this country legally? Likewise, a patient enters the hospital in labor. She also speaks no English, has no SSN, no valid ID, and no insurance. She has a C-Section delivery and her total cost for her hospital stay is $15,000. Do you actually think they will not suspect this person as being an illegal alien?

If you want more in-depth info on how schools and hospitals determine illegal immigration status, I suggest you do a little research.

As for the federal government, I have already explained.

They don't keep track of these though. There is no column where they mark down a "suspected illegal". Now link or explain how schools or hospitals make these estimates. You are saying they are so precise yet you can't even provide the information to support your own argument? You are trying to get me to hunt it down for you? ROFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top