U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 04:26 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,858,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
But how do they estimate how many illegals they provide service for if they don't check immigration status? Quit talking about established fees and answer the question. So far your only description of how they determine is "oh they know if they are illegal" or something similar to that. Do they like open up a hidden journal and mark down a notch when they suspect they provide service to an illegal or something?
I know a very good way to get a good estimate and quickly.

Since all you pro-illegals insist the illegals all have health insurance and are all paying their own way for everything, you shouldn't have a problem with my suggestion.

Hospitals, ERs, clinics should all accept only cash or verify insurance and for the uninsured they should be allowed to verify citizenship. In other words, have a way to deny illegals the free health care you guys insist they aren't taking.

See what La Raza's response to something like that would be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 04:30 PM

20 posts, read 9,286 times
I think normal human beings would have a problem with denying a person immediate medical care without proving citizenship. Man gets beat unconscious and striped naked. He is discovered and brought the ER. The ER dumps his body on the front lawn because he has no identification and no way to verify his identity.

I don't think you're suggestion is a good one.

Old 07-24-2011, 04:43 PM

884 posts, read 586,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
How was she able to apply for credit with her name and the same Social Security number to show up on your credit report? When the IRS sees a different name come up for the Social Security number they are equally confused by it? Something for the manner you are explaining what happened to you seems strange.

More so, without any other detail than her surname available to you, why do you assume she is an illegal alien?...
I have to wonder why you question my post. Do you think I just made it up? I would be more than happy to send you copies of the 2 different names that pull up on my SS# based on the company running it to verify my eligibility to work in the U.S. The last check that was done on my SS# for work had her listed. Also, my credit report showed her address somewhere in Los Angeles in an apartment.

I have never been able to find out if that was her real name or not. What was very strange was when I physically went to the social security office the man there just shrugged his shoulders as if he could do nothing about it. That was in 2007. The IRS was very concerned. Since I have had the same SS# for 48 years it wasnt hard to prove who I am. One comment made to me was "this is happening more and more" And let me tell you it is almost impossible to get the credit agencies to remove stuff. I had to dispute the information, and the companies that had requested my credit info had 30 days to prove it was me or it will be removed. Thank goodness all 3 of them were removed. I have since gotten the credit block on my credit. Museum I never said she got credit but that she (or whoever the hell it was) tried 3 times. There were 3 inquires on my credit. You never answered my question either ie: why don't you shelter and feed, clothe them?

Last edited by Iluvmycountry; 07-24-2011 at 05:04 PM..

Old 07-24-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakinupallnight View Post
I think normal human beings would have a problem with denying a person immediate medical care without proving citizenship. Man gets beat unconscious and striped naked. He is discovered and brought the ER. The ER dumps his body on the front lawn because he has no identification and no way to verify his identity.
Yakinupallnight, I have 20 years as an ER/Trauma nurse and malamute's suggestion is a very good one. I will agree with you in that we don't leave anyone to die on the lawn, BUT, when the person is stabe, then we should be able to verify insurance, or ability to pay. And if they are not able to, then ship him or her on their merry arse way if they can't pay. Do you not read the papers, see what is happening in our towns with emergency rooms closing, losing money big time because the ER's are used as clinic's? A hospital here in the San Joaquin Valley of California wrote off 2.5 million last month alone because of uncollectable debt in ER treatment alone. I don't know where u live but I challenge you to go to a big city community hospital and see the people in the ER waiting room. If you are one of those who say illegals all have medical insurance and are paying his or her way, you are gravely mistaken.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:15 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDros View Post
I have no idea what you included in your so-called assessment.

What I do know is that in the post I quoted, you mention the "federal government" by name twice, and you never mention any specific agencies. So when, in the third sentence, you dismiss all of "their" data, it's clear to anyone who can read that you're referring the federal government.

Once again, the point is that your defenses are malleable depending upon the situation, and you've yet again taken a stance that is in opposition to something you'd previously said. That's not a particularly convincing method by which to convince people that your position holds water.
It was my mistake to assume others understood which agencies I was referencing. In the future, I will try to be more precise, given that my comments are being so closely scrutinized. For future reference, when discussing this topic on this, and the thread I started, the term “federal government” will only refer to the four agencies being discussed, unless otherwise stated.

I’m not sure what gave you the impression that I have any intention of changing my stance on illegal immigration. Or, that I am trying to convince others of anything. I simply want the truth to be told; and in my opinion, the reporting on illegal immigration by these particular agencies is flawed. Of course, each person must decide for themselves whether my assessment is correct.

If there is a method being used by Census to identify illegal alien respondents, notwithstanding the absence of immigration status on their questionnaire, no one has shown that to be true, at least, not to my satisfaction. Nor has anyone presented information to demonstrate how SSA or IRS determines the amount of taxes withheld from the wages of illegal aliens. There is certainly nothing on a W-2 to indicate immigration status.

In hindsight, I probably shouldn’t have included USCIS. By their own admission, they don’t know the whereabouts of millions who entered this country on visas. So, as far as I’m concerned, we don’t even have to discuss them.

Admittedly, I don’t know how they determine wages and taxes without having a source. So, if you or others can help unravel this mystery, please do.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:23 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,020,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
...I never said she got credit but that she (or whoever the hell it was) tried 3 times. There were 3 inquires on my credit. You never answered my question either ie: why don't you shelter and feed, clothe them?
I asked why there was an assumption that "she" (or whoever the hell it was) was an illegal alien based on the surname...

You applied for your Social Security number 48 years ago, or that was the date of your birth? Do you understand how details like that are critical, and when misrepresented it makes other parts of the story seem suspicious? I have no idea when my Social Security number was assigned, other that knowing it was while I was in my teens (by checking the sequence it is probably possible to find out).

Old 07-24-2011, 06:18 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakinupallnight View Post

I don’t think anyone would have a problem providing bona fide emergency medical care. But, once stabilized, they should be deported. Otherwise, hospitals and/or taxpayers are forced to foot the bill, and defending on the medical condition, it could easily total hundreds of thousands or even millions. However, I do not agree with offering tax-funded organ transplants or kidney dialysis. And, it is beyond absurd that an illegal received a penis pump at taxpayer’s expense. How on earth was that a life-saving procedure, or even necessary?

Old 07-24-2011, 06:57 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I don’t think anyone would have a problem providing bona fide emergency medical care. But, once stabilized, they should be deported. Otherwise, hospitals and/or taxpayers are forced to foot the bill, and defending on the medical condition, it could easily total hundreds of thousands or even millions. However, I do not agree with offering tax-funded organ transplants or kidney dialysis. And, it is beyond absurd that an illegal received a penis pump at taxpayer’s expense. How on earth was that a life-saving procedure, or even necessary?
To produce more anchors? lol.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I asked why there was an assumption that "she" (or whoever the hell it was) was an illegal alien based on the surname...

You applied for your Social Security number 48 years ago, or that was the date of your birth? Do you understand how details like that are critical, and when misrepresented it makes other parts of the story seem suspicious? I have no idea when my Social Security number was assigned, other that knowing it was while I was in my teens (by checking the sequence it is probably possible to find out).
I do not recall assuming the person who stole my SS# was an illegal alien, you did. I stated my SS# had been stolen, period. Your poor attempt at making me look like a liar is well noted. A very poor try at deflecting to say the least. For the third time I will ask why you won't pay for shelter, food, and clothing for illegals? Millions of American's are tired of it, but I guess it is easy to spend other people's money on your cause isn't it?

Old 07-24-2011, 07:37 PM

76 posts, read 93,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Your statement is an oxymoron....

Illegal aliens cannot legally be employed in America (nor in any other civilized country in the world).....

With you quoting FACTS it'll be very easy for you to post the URL of the governments website that shows IT'S LEGAL TO HIRE ILLEGAL ALIENS.

We await your next FACTUAL post with baited breath.....
Illegal Aliens are employed employed in the U.S.; Lived in Los Angeles ,Ca. for over forty years. They are employed under an asuumed name and S.S. number that can be puchased in various locations with in the city limits, it is a multi-million dollar industry and this fact was revealed to me from my trusted boarder brothers. And day labor is hired all day long, off the books, however it is illegal. FACTS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or