U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2011, 11:05 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
You really don't read that well do you? The first line of that paragraph THAT HAS BEEN QUOTED AND BOLDED FOR EMPHASIS ONCE BY YOU TO SHOW IBM THAT ILLEGALS WERE STEALING SSN's AND USING THEIR OWN NAMES and then I re-quoted. Watch out, more nonsense about to be quoted!:

There I cut out anything extra and made sure to bold the important parts for you. You typed that entire wall of words when the first line of a quote FROM YOUR OWN F'ING SOURCE proved it wrong. You have exhibited a stunning lack of ability to follow your own points that you're making. Like, I don't know what the time stamps were between my re-quote and our original quoting of that passage but it couldn't have been more than 4 posts. Epic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Even funnier, the rest of the quote admits that the agencies knew about the abuse for years, which also seems to refute the notion that massive conspiracies and numerous federal law violations would be involved for such a thing to happen. This is really sweet, actually. You have managed to work yourself into a position where you either have to admit you posted a link/quote in response to IBM that was totally bogus, or you have to admit that one of the pillars that your "refutation" of the validity of the fed's numbers relies on, namely that the SSA et al have no way of knowing who illegals are, is untrue. The really sweet part is I didn't even have to open a link or do anyreal digging, you pretty much set the ball on the T, handed me the bat, then allowed my routine fly ball to bounce off your head and go over the fence a la Jose Cansaco.
Well duh, of course they NOW know he’s an illegal alien. He has been caught. Apparently you missed this sentence, or simply failed to comprehend:

Quote:
An undocumented immigrant worker managed to use Steve Millet's Social Security number for more than 10 years before the incident was discovered.
If you don’t understand what it means for a criminal to commit crimes for years BEFORE BEING DISCOVERED, in this context, the word BEFORE has the same meaning as the word UNTIL.

In other words, it took more than 10 years to discover the fraud. Unfortunately, when they finally detected the crime, they failed to notify his victim. That’s a far cry from being complicit in the crime. Yes, they have records of his wages, taxes, bank transactions, credit cards, auto/mortgage loans. Well gee, the IRS, SSA, banks, auto financial institutions, and mortgage companies also have records on me, and millions of other people. After all, if they didn’t maintain records, they couldn’t function as a business. In case you don’t know, recordkeeping is also required by law. However, there’s a HUGE difference between agencies acknowledging having records on an individual, in this case, recorded fraud, and admitting they ignored fraud, which they clearly did not. They only erred in failing to notify the victim after the fraud was detected.

It is glaringly clear that you have no desire to even know the truth. You don’t care if they pull their figures from the sky. As long as they report something positive on illegal aliens, all is well. Your only concern is in proving me wrong. Sorry, you’ll have to keep trying. Next time, try presenting something with some semblance of plausibility.

Last edited by Benicar; 07-25-2011 at 11:30 AM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 12:24 PM

Viridian Ideals:

Yes, clearly, the IRS colludes with ID thieves, and conceals fraudulent activity, that they then use as data to produce reports on the wages and taxes of illegal aliens. If you actually believe this, then your opinion of this agency is even lower than mine. Yet, despite your belief in their unethical/unlawful practices, you are still willing to lend credence to their reporting on illegal immigration. Incredible!

Quote:
In 2004, IRS developed a strategy to address the problem of identity theft–related tax administration issues. According to IRS, the strategy has evolved and continues to serve as the foundation for all of IRS’s efforts to provide services to victims of identity theft and to reduce the effects of identity theft on tax administration.

Since our 2009 report, IRS developed a new, temporary indicator to alert all IRS units that an identity theft incident has been reported but not yet resolved. IRS officials told us that they identified a need for the new indicator based on their ongoing evaluation of their identity theft initiatives. The temporary indicator’s purpose is to expedite problem resolution and avoid taxpayers having to explain their identity theft issues to multiple IRS units.
Powered by Google Docs

Old 07-26-2011, 01:44 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Waaaait a minute! What old days are you talking about? If people came here when there were no immigration laws then no, they didn't come here illegally. If they were "allowed" by our government to come here first and then apply for citizenship then no, they didn't come here illegally either. Many if not most of our ancestors came here after our immigration laws were implemented and so no, they didn't come here illegally either but in compliance with the laws in place at that time.
Fast forward 60's, 80's, 90's.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:51 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Illegal is illegal.

This is 2011. America has immigration laws and a legal process.

What part you don't understand?
America has always had immigration laws, a legal way and certain exceptions, a way to get right with the law when someone came in illegally.

That is the part you don't understand.

You could literally use that same cliche in every thread but it denotes that you are not open for discussion. If that is the case, why even bother to post?

Old 07-26-2011, 08:42 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Fast forward 60's, 80's, 90's.
So what does that mean? Our immigration laws have changed over the years because times have changed including our population growth. Are you saying that the policies that were in place back in the early 1900's should be the same today even though our population has tripled and even though we no longer need low skilled, less educated workers? We have enough blue collared American workers to do manual labor.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:51 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
America has always had immigration laws, a legal way and certain exceptions, a way to get right with the law when someone came in illegally.

That is the part you don't understand.

You could literally use that same cliche in every thread but it denotes that you are not open for discussion. If that is the case, why even bother to post?
I don't know what you mean by in the past there was a way to get right with the law if you came here illegally but again you cannot compare the few that may have come here illegally in the past to the millions who have done it today. In 1986 3 million were given amnesty. Today we have at least quadruple that number here illegally. Where does coming here illegally and trying to become legal after, come to an end? Will it be every 20 years with each time the number of illegals quadrupling again? We simply do not have the jobs and resources to support such population growth and rewarding illegals with legalization everytime is not the answer. It has to stop!

Old 07-26-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't know what you mean by in the past there was a way to get right with the law if you came here illegally but again you cannot compare the few that may have come here illegally in the past to the millions who have done it today. In 1986 3 million were given amnesty. Today we have at least quadruple that number here illegally. Where does coming here illegally and trying to become legal after, come to an end? Will it be every 20 years with each time the number of illegals quadrupling again? We simply do not have the jobs and resources to support such population growth and rewarding illegals with legalization everytime is not the answer. It has to stop!
Absolutely! As you stated, we granted amnesty to over 3 million in 1986, with the promise from our government that our laws would be enforced, our borders would be secured, and we would NEVER again grant amnesty to such a massive number of people. Unfortunately, NONE of their promises were kept, which has resulted in perhaps as many as 30 million additional illegal aliens. It is sheer idiocy to believe another amnesty is the solution. Like you, I shudder to think how many illegals we would have in the next 20 years if we reward lawlessness again. I would venture to guess, at least 60 or 70 million, if not more. Our economy is already in the tank, if we grant another amnesty, it will be the final nail in the coffin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or