Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 07:43 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
You've seen and refused to look at the SSA links numerous times. lulz. Ignorance is bliss.
I hate to tell you this, but employers do not pay or report federal payroll taxes or corporate taxes to the SSA. So, a report from SSA could not possibly indicate whether a company has met its federal tax liability obligation. Yes, ignorance is bliss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 07:46 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The notion of anything approaching "legal" (pseudo-approved) transit to the United States didn't begin until the ship lines were tasked with doing a minimal amount of documentation on the passengers they were bringing here. My argument is with the terminology "came here legally". It is unsupportable in the method it is being used.
You are grasping at straws now. If something wasn't illegal then it was legal. Things were done differently then. Immigration "today" has to occur within the guidelines in place "today" not what was in place "yesterday". I mean this so elementary that I find it puzzling that it even has to be explained to you.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:47 PM

37 posts, read 27,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post

lol, this is great. We're dismissing CBO reports because they're inherently untrustworthy because they come from the Federal government, but xxxxxxxpimptaddyone's Youtube channel is an authoritative source?

Old 07-20-2011, 07:48 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
We didn’t have untold millions illegally living in our country. Nor were they receiving billions in tax-funded benefits. Therein lies the difference.
They were allowed to participate in the American dream, and have their descendants remain here among us, isn't that worth more than anything else? I'll ask again, does "working hard" excuse their behavior of not following the rules for citizenship laid out at the time? Illegal is illegal!

Old 07-20-2011, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So only the white nationalist groups can make any sense of it eh? lol.
If you think there are no white nationalists in positions of authority in the federal government, you are sorely mistaken. With that said, none of the reports are accurate. However, unlike the federal government, some groups have devoted time and resources to this issue because they actually want to know.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:50 PM

951 posts, read 745,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I hate to tell you this, but employers do not pay or report federal payroll taxes or corporate taxes to the SSA. So, a report from SSA could not possibly indicate whether a company has met its federal tax liability obligation. Yes, ignorance is bliss.
Fortunately the IRS also corroborates the SSA's take that they are paying taxes.

Quote:
The IRS said the W-2 forms with invalid Social Security numbers reported about $53 billion in wages and about three-fourths of that, $40 billion in wages, had taxes withheld. The IRS also has been issuing Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers, or ITINs, for 12 years to foreigners without a Social Security number. It's believed that many workers who seek the ITINs are in the country illegally, and the IRS reported that there were 2.5 million tax returns filed with an ITIN in 2004.
In 2006, then IRS Commission Mark Everson told Congress that "many illegal aliens, utilizing ITINs, have been reporting tax liability to the tune of almost $50 billion from 1996 to 2003."

Old 07-20-2011, 07:53 PM

In b4 Benicar doesn't accept the numbers because they can't tie unknown SS numbers to illegals even though she cries about them committing ID theft ALL DAY LONG.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:54 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDros View Post
lol, this is great. We're dismissing CBO reports because they're inherently untrustworthy because they come from the Federal government, but xxxxxxxpimptaddyone's Youtube channel is an authoritative source?

Simply an example of what illegals cost us? Do you contest the verasity of the claims made by these people? Can you show me that they lied or misrepresented the facts?
Your right I do dismiss the CBO because of their record for being less than accurate.
How have they done forecasting the cost of the wars?

Old 07-20-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
They were allowed to participate in the American dream, and have their descendants remain here among us, isn't that worth more than anything else? I'll ask again, does "working hard" excuse their behavior of not following the rules for citizenship laid out at the time? Illegal is illegal!
I have already explained the difference between then and now. There is simply no comparison.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Simply an example of what illegals cost us? Do you contest the verasity of the claims made by these people? Can you show me that they lied or misrepresented the facts?
Your right I do dismiss the CBO because of their record for being less than accurate.

Well, are you going to produce the figures for the property taxes, sales taxes and other state taxes they paid in vs. those costs as well? Nah, just show the costs that'll be scarier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration