Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2011, 02:58 PM

951 posts, read 743,428 times

Advertisements

Illegals have them SSNs too. How do they determine these illegals? Neither the school or the hospital knew the Pulitzer Prize winning author was illegal until he was going to travel out of country and told a teacher. You are totally dodging here. Provide the link showing their accurate methods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2011, 03:47 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,525,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Illegals have them SSNs too. How do they determine these illegals? Neither the school or the hospital knew the Pulitzer Prize winning author was illegal until he was going to travel out of country and told a teacher. You are totally dodging here. Provide the link showing their accurate methods.
You’re being deliberately obtuse.

Perhaps the others admitted to being here illegally like the woman in the first article. Who know? Regardless, they obviously know these patients are not here legally.

Quote:
"I am very glad that he was born. That's why I came here - so my children, my husband and I could have a better life," she said through a translator.

Back in December, when she was six months pregnant, Fabiola, her husband and their two daughters - ages 4 and 11 - crossed the Rio Grande from Mexico into the U.S.

Once on the other side of the river they walked for two hours in search of a better life and free medical care for their unborn child.
Illegal Immigrant Births - At Your Expense - CBS News

Quote:
A penniless illegal immigrant from Guatemala, Mr. Jiménez has no health insurance, and his injuries have left him with limited mobility and the mental capacity of a 3-year-old. Martin Memorial wants to send him back to his homeland for any remaining medical care. But Mr. Jiménez's advocates insist that he must remain at the hospital until it can find a suitable place in the United States or Guatemala that is willing to care for him.
Hospitals Feeling Strain From Illegal Immigrants - NYTimes.com

Quote:
As an illegal, uninsured immigrant, Perez has had problems in the past — not only with his health, but with navigating the U.S. health care maze. In Michigan, there was no interpreter at his local health clinic, the bills had to be paid in installments, and co-workers warned that a visit to a doctor could lead to deportation. In North Carolina, he's found a health care home at Tiffany Revels' weekly clinic — providing he can hitch a ride there.
Rising health care costs put focus on illegal immigrants - USATODAY.com

Quote:
There are now four more of them regularly making their way to the emergency room at University Medical Center. And doctors say the illegal immigrants coming in for dialysis treatment at University Medical Center are sicker than they were before, making their care even more expensive.

Six months after the Review-Journal revealed that 80 illegal immigrants with failing kidneys were running up about $2 million a month in bills for dialysis and other medical treatment at the only publicly supported hospital in Las Vegas, the situation for both patients and taxpayers only continues to worsen.
More illegal immigrants getting emergency treatment at UMC - News - ReviewJournal.com

Quote:
The federal government has told New York State health officials that chemotherapy, which had been covered for illegal immigrants under a government-financed program for emergency medical care, does not qualify for coverage. The decision sets the stage for a battle between the state and federal governments over how medical emergencies are defined.
U.S. Rule Limits Emergency Care for Immigrants - New York Times

Old 07-23-2011, 03:53 PM

LOL. More scary links from Benicar that don't show a thing other than they contain the word 'illegal' and a scary cost figure.

That doesn't answer my question on how they estimate all the other illegals costs. Once again you deliver on throwing up pointless links that fail to answer any question asked.

I see in this thread that you are saying maybe, just maybe they ALL admitted to being illegal while AT THE VERY SAME TIME arguing that they are all untrustworthy criminals and wouldn't even send in a census report in the other thread. derp.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
LOL. More scary links from Benicar that don't show a thing other than they contain the word 'illegal' and a scary cost figure.

That doesn't answer my question on how they estimate all the other illegals costs. Once again you deliver on throwing up pointless links that fail to answer any question asked.

I see in this thread that you are saying maybe, just maybe they ALL admitted to being illegal while AT THE VERY SAME TIME arguing that they are all untrustworthy criminals and wouldn't even send in a census report in the other thread. derp.
Again, it’s called established fees, recorded revenue, and expenditures. It’s a rather simple concept.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:32 PM

But how do they estimate how many illegals they provide service for if they don't check immigration status? Quit talking about established fees and answer the question. So far your only description of how they determine is "oh they know if they are illegal" or something similar to that. Do they like open up a hidden journal and mark down a notch when they suspect they provide service to an illegal or something?

Old 07-23-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
But how do they estimate how many illegals they provide service for if they don't check immigration status? Quit talking about established fees and answer the question. So far your only description of how they determine is "oh they know if they are illegal" or something similar to that. Do they like open up a hidden journal and mark down a notch when they suspect they provide service to an illegal or something?
Yet, another question answered repeatedly.

Funny, you don’t understand how hospitals and schools can estimate the number of illegals, and they have actual people (patients/students) from which to base their opinion. But, you DO understand how Pew and Census estimate illegals, but they are only dealing with data. Hmmm. . .

Old 07-23-2011, 07:06 PM

No, I've been asking for you to explain or link to how they estimate for oh about 15 pages now so I can see how much more accurate they are. You continue to fail to deliver though.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:18 PM

838 posts, read 920,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Is it possible that "Gloria Sanchez" is also able to legally have the same Social Security number as you? How many available combinations of digits are in the number compared to the entire U.S. population of 310+ million? I suggest you contact Gloria Sanchez (but not misuse her legitimate Social Security number in the process) to apologize for your failure to understand math, and assuming any illegality because of her (or her husband's) surname.

If you can verify your name against the number, why can't the IRS, credit organizations, and employers do the same?...
Wow. Thank you for telling us a little about your GG grandfather, I think we understand more now.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:34 PM

838 posts, read 920,799 times
Quote:
I suppose all those non-partisan non gov't groups that say pretty much the same thing are bias and bad at math too. Find me a study not from a white nationalist organization that says they are a huge drain.
Do you not listen to the news, all the time the news states costs and statistics for illegal immigrants using state benefits. 6.1 billion in 2010 in Calif. for education of illegals. 82% of all welfare payments in L.A. is going to illegals.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:36 PM

20 posts, read 11,834 times
Quote:
No, I've been asking for you to explain or link to how they estimate for oh about 15 pages now so I can see how much more accurate they are. You continue to fail to deliver though.
As someone who works in healthcare information systems I'm very interested in what methodology Benicar thinks hospitals use to determine citizenship status and how it is "better" than any government data.

Last edited by Yakinupallnight; 07-23-2011 at 11:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration