Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 01:44 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I hope he/she doesn't mean the whole population because San Francisco's population isn't 50% Chinese. If he means that half the illegal immigrants are Chinese then, yeah, I want to see that proff too. Just to keep things from being posted that aren't true.

Have you looked at the new census numbers?

I live in the Bay area and am totally disgusted that although we pay for our colleges, the seats are going to non-Americans. Just drive by colleges, schools and business - any of them. They are mocking our government and its citizens for their own benefit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 01:45 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Your """Study"" is ridiculous, San Francisco is a city of 800,000 people you are telling me that 2/3rds are illegal. Since about half are Chinese we would really need to beef up our border with China Have you ever even been to San Francisco? Illegals means Chinese, Russians and Koreans
The Bay Area, not SF proper. The entire area has a population of about 7.5M.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:48 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
The link gives a whole break down.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:40 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Uh, what? What does whether they are Chinese, Russian or Korean have anything to do with it? Also, the border to the South still needs to be secure.
So you want me to believe that 2/3rds of the people of San Francisco are illegals.....Have you ever been there?

You might as well ask me to believe they are Martians

Old 07-20-2011, 04:46 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
The link gives a whole break down.
High in the city looks like one area with 10% most with 5%
That's about 40,000 not 500,000
The areas with the heavy population are rural areas with farm workers
The fact that San francisco is a Sanctuary City has nothing to do with them.
So basically your premis is dumb,yes there are migrants working in the fields of Gilroy and Salinas that seems to be the high areas

Old 07-20-2011, 11:43 PM

148 posts, read 85,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Have you looked at the new census numbers?

I live in the Bay area and am totally disgusted that although we pay for our colleges, the seats are going to non-Americans. Just drive by colleges, schools and business - any of them. They are mocking our government and its citizens for their own benefit.
You do realize that most of those are legal immigrants on student visas, and they pay a ton more than an American citizen.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:34 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerticalReasoning View Post
You do realize that most of those are legal immigrants on student visas, and they pay a ton more than an American citizen.
By a lot...... I know first hand.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:55 AM

19 posts, read 14,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Please provide proof to back up your claims__________
I live in the SF Bay Area, which consists of 9 counties (much more than just San Francisco). We are inundated with illegals... or maybe they are just people who refuse to speak English and live in squalor??? The so-called sanctuary cities are a lot of the blame, and also employers who hire illegals. California is turning into a Third World Country, I kid you not.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:01 PM

497 posts, read 1,503,291 times
Why doesnt the govt focus its attention on employers? The immigrant is coming here to work.... lets get to the source of the issue- the employer. I think an immigrant would actually prefer a green card to work in a field or a ditch then go home when the season ends or at some point when he can build that house.

That's only one side of the coin....we have a country hungry for not only cheap labor but drugs....The problem in both cases is us and the way we turn a blind eye to those darn liberal factory owners, developers, manufacturers, and liberal farmers...

Old 07-21-2011, 11:23 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggd1 View Post
Why doesnt the govt focus its attention on employers? The immigrant is coming here to work.... lets get to the source of the issue- the employer.
Yes, why don't we get to the source as to why illegal aliens invade America?

Why don't we discuss why these illegal aliens don't want to stay in their own countries and fix the inequalities and injustices there????

Why don't we discuss how these illegal aliens are turncoats to their own countries???

Why don't we discuss the poor state of education/medical conditions of the illegal alien home countries???

Why don't we discuss the elitists who run the countries that keep their people as basically subjugated slaves?

And for sure lets discuss why American citizens tax dollars should pay for illegal alien education/medical/housing when their own country won't do it...

It's about time some people stop playing the blame game against America and start demanding the home countries of these illegal aliens clean up their act instead......

THEY are the source of the problem, not the American employer.........

Last edited by plwhit; 07-21-2011 at 11:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration