Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 09:41 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QweffL View Post
I'm not really surprised by this. It is actually not uncommon for people to gain a boost of patriotism towards their home country after leaving it. This is especially true for the third world countries. Being an immigrant myself I have seen this many times on all kinds of immigrant message boards, people from Russia and Ukraine will bash America at every opportunity they'll get, they'll be happy to every country's misfortune from 9/11 to Katrina, never miss a chance to complain about how stupid the native population is, and in sports they will always root for the teams of their native countries, and that means booing American anthem, insulting the opposing players and fans, etc. I have witnessed all of that during Russia-Canada hockey game during last year's Winter Olympics. Not sure why Mexicans would be different.

"You guys sure seem to love Nicaragua except for the part where you risked your lives not to live there any more." (c) Jerry Ferro
And it's not uncommon for Americans to find them disgusting and we also have a country with free speech and should be able to tell them to prove their love for their own country by returning home to it.

We are allowed to see any of these people as shameless idiots who don't impress us because we know it's really the big easy American money they love much more than they love their homelands.

Old 07-23-2011, 09:52 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And Americans aren't alone in their disgust for these people. I didn't write this, but found out there somewhere and it sums it up quite nicely:...
So we are now free to find something "out there" to quote without a source?...

Old 07-23-2011, 10:08 AM

I suppose I should have provided a translation for those who aren't up on their Spanish yet:

"hahaha, how pathetic is is to watch the pochos trying to be here and there. Well over here you are gringos, chicanos, or pochos. Over there you are anything but gringos.

Technically you are like the dog that wanted two cakes but in the end had no cake, hahaha
You can claim you love Mexico like a German tourist that visits Mexico and loves the low cost, the culture, the food and all but never the less returns to Germany. Why? Because he is German. Just like you, you are nothing but some gringos.

If you really love Mexico, come back to Mexico, here are the challenges, show you love for this country. Many go to work in the USA, but they return, showing their love for their country, But you? You remain there. That's love? You're nothing but empty words. You now have made your money or were born there, you're out of your poverty, you're economically better or whatever - come back and show your love for Mexico, do something for this nation.

If you're waiting for the corruption, the poverty, the backwardness to end, here is where you can help solve these things. Over there how?

You're only hypocrits being very Mexican when in reality you are gringos that call yourselves Mexican to be insulted or to insult those whites or blacks or whatever and you stupidly shout "viva la raza" but you look ridiculous as if the blacks or yellows or or reds were not raza.

Live your foreign dream, gringos, die for your uncle sam, you deserve it, really you're not important, you're already gringos hah."

Old 07-23-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
So we are now free to find something "out there" to quote without a source?...
It's nothing but an opinion. The same kind of opinion we have toward these fake patriots waving their Mexican flags ever so proudly when the very last thing they'd want to do is go home and actually do something for their nation.

And I think this guy summed it up better than many of us can.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:12 AM

951 posts, read 745,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Oh, my bad..
"Until, that is, a group of foreign nationals who presumably live in this country boo the U.S. team, disrespect the national anthem, and wave the flag of the nation they left behind. Then we care a whole lot."

So you are somewhat correct.
No, I'm correct. They were not booing. Period. The author's idea of disrespecting the anthem comes from the fact air horns were sounding and bouncy balls were bouncing. Have you ever been to a soccer game and heard vuvuzelas etc. during the anthems? It happens a lot.

Old 07-23-2011, 10:30 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times
Quote:
I suppose I should have provided a translation for those who aren't up on their Spanish yet:...
I didn't ask for the English translation, I asked if something "found out there" could be shown unsourced here...

Old 07-23-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I didn't ask for the English translation, I asked if something "found out there" could be shown unsourced here...
Okay - an anonymous internet poster wrote it, I never claimed otherwise. There's no claim of it being some news source or anything of the sort. It's an opinion of these people that correlates with our own opinons of them but obviously not quite from the American point of view.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:38 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,113 times
Quote:
Okay - an anonymous internet poster wrote it, I never claimed otherwise. There's no claim of it being some news source or anything of the sort. It's an opinion of these people that correlates with our own opinons of them but obviously not quite from the American point of view.
lolz.

I mean, if you want to validate your opinion by finding Internet postings, it can be done on literally any topic.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
lolz.

I mean, if you want to validate your opinion by finding Internet postings, it can be done on literally any topic.
Hey -- it's the parallel with my opinion -- only coming from a Mexican. You have a problem with that? If I were a Mexican, that is exactly how I would feel.

So others who aren't Americans see these Mexicans parading their great love of Mexico while living and mooching off the USA as clowns also.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:06 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,435 times
Quote:
And Americans aren't alone in their disgust for these people. I didn't write this, but found out there somewhere and it sums it up quite nicely:

jejejeje,.. que trizteza es ver a los pochos intentar identificarse aqui y alla,..
bueno ustedes aca son gringos,..chicanos o pochos, alla son todo menos gringos,..
tecnicamente son como la perra que queria las 2 tortas y al final se quedo sin torta,..jjejeje
ustedes pueden decir amar a mexico,.. como algun aleman que visita a mexico y decir lo barato de mexico, la cultura, la comida, y todo lo que se le ocurra,.. pero sin embargo se regresa a alemania,… ?por que? pues por que es aleman,.. igual ustedes, no son mas que unos gringos,….
si realmente quisieran a mexico, venganse a mexico aca estan los chingazos y demuestren el amor por este pais.
muchos se van a trabajar a gringolandia, pero regresan, demuestran el amor por su pais,.. ?ustedes? se quedan alla,.. ?eso es amor? lo que dicen son puras palabras,.. y se las lleva el viento,.. si ya hicieron lana o nacieron alla y dejaron la pobreza, ya estan economicamente mejor olo que sea ,.. venganse a demostrar su amor por mexico y construir esta nacion,..
si esperan que se acabe la corrupcion en mexico, la pobreza, rezago tecnologico, etc,.. aca es donde se pueden solucionar las cosas,.. alla que,.. solo despocritan ser muy mexicanos, cuando realmente son unos gringos,.. que se dicen mexicanos cuando sus compatriotas los humillan o los quieren humillar,.. osea los gueros o negros o lo que sea,.. y gritan estupidamente ?viva la raza! (claro no todos) pero se ven ridiculos , como si los negros, amarillos o rosados no fueran raza,…
vivan su sueo guajiro,..gringos,.. mueran por el tio sam,.. se lo merecen,.. realmente ni me importa,.. ya que son ,…GRINGOS,…jejeje
Wow... a new low malamute. So one Mexican bashes Mexican Americans, it shows that Americans are not alone in hating Mexican Americans? Great! Thanks for your sincerity, at least it is clear now that you hate Mexican-Americans.

How do we know that this one "so called" anonymous poster is not you? I don't see a link. You forgot to translate the entire thing but I will add this part, "You call yourselves Mexican when your own fellow countrymen humiliate you." As in exactly what you are doing right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration