U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-23-2011, 01:47 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22158

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
You think that the cartels would attack American interests in order to get us to make drugs illegal again if they were legalized?

I mean, this is a full on admission of the fundamental point that the cartels would no longer be profitable operations if drugs were legal.
And you think the Zetas and the La Familia, or the Sinaloans are going to sit around a campfire singing Kumbaya together if their drugs are made legal and they're given a free pass to take over the whole drug market in the USA?

 
Old 07-23-2011, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ
16,116 posts, read 20,155,449 times
Reputation: 8204
Quote:
Originally Posted by greggd1 View Post
Thank all the drug addicts, pot heads etc that give them reason to run drugs up here.
Exactly Correct

I wonder if anyone has ever heard of Panch Villa, those areas have never been under the control of the government
 
Old 07-23-2011, 01:50 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,793 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And you think the Zetas and the La Familia, or the Sinaloans are going to sit around a campfire singing Kumbaya together if their drugs are made legal and they're given a free pass to take over the whole drug market in the USA?

Free pass? If it's legal it will be taxed, etc. like liquor and mass produced. The cartels will go out of business like the moonshine smugglers.
 
Old 07-23-2011, 01:52 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Free pass? If it's legal it will be taxed, etc. like liquor and mass produced. The cartels will go out of business like the moonshine smugglers.
There are those who still make moonshine. Who misinformed you that there is no more moonshine made?
 
Old 07-23-2011, 01:53 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,793 times
Reputation: 89
Yeah the runners are a real threat to our society too.
 
Old 07-23-2011, 02:11 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And you think the Zetas and the La Familia, or the Sinaloans are going to sit around a campfire singing Kumbaya together if their drugs are made legal and they're given a free pass to take over the whole drug market in the USA?
Bzzzt
 
Old 07-23-2011, 02:16 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Reputation: 111
It's worth noting that not only is your opinion completely misunderstanding the drug market, it's not even internally consistent.

You and Benicar have alternately made the point that legalization would be GOOD for the cartels (lol) and that the cartels would be outraged and lash out.
 
Old 07-23-2011, 03:34 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
It's worth noting that not only is your opinion completely misunderstanding the drug market, it's not even internally consistent.

You and Benicar have alternately made the point that legalization would be GOOD for the cartels (lol) and that the cartels would be outraged and lash out.
It all depends.

Obviously keeping the border open and unenforced and drugs illegal benefits the cartels.

And keeping the border open and unenforced and making drugs legal benefits the cartels.

Obviously it is the open border that most benefits the cartels.

Imagine what would happen if they allow Americans to try to take over the meth production and crack cocaine imports but leave the border wide open and do nothing about the violent cartel thugs? The Zetas would start sawing off the heads of their American competitors -- just like they do in Mexico.

You'd have to get some kind of control over the border if you don't want the cartel violence here.
 
Old 07-23-2011, 03:38 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,793 times
Reputation: 89
Because the moonshine runners are still running in liquor from Canada and shooting up people etc. amirite?
 
Old 07-23-2011, 05:04 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It all depends.

Obviously keeping the border open and unenforced and drugs illegal benefits the cartels.

And keeping the border open and unenforced and making drugs legal benefits the cartels.

Obviously it is the open border that most benefits the cartels.

Imagine what would happen if they allow Americans to try to take over the meth production and crack cocaine imports but leave the border wide open and do nothing about the violent cartel thugs? The Zetas would start sawing off the heads of their American competitors -- just like they do in Mexico.

You'd have to get some kind of control over the border if you don't want the cartel violence here.
Yeah, that's a different topic dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top