U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 02:18 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Such quality debunking going on itt. You and tinman are breaking some new scientific standards by debunking via stereotype. Those are obviously held to stricter standards and hold more credence than any gov't study.
Címon, this isnít brain surgery. How on earth could illegal aliens in Texas contribute those amounts? Mind you, Texas does not even have state withholdings.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:46 PM

951 posts, read 617,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
C’mon, this isn’t brain surgery. How on earth could illegal aliens in Texas contribute those amounts? Mind you, Texas does not even have state withholdings.
Yes, like you guys like to shout, it's simple common sense. Well, that isn't scientifically debunking anything. It's nothing more than your refusal to accept something that doesn't agree with your agenda. If Texas doesn't have a withholding tax that must mean they contribute a lot more than you estimate in other areas. It definitely doesn't prove much of anything except that TX doesn't have withholding tax. Well grats on that one.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Also, without going into details, I was a member of an implementation team for a DHS government contractor at the inception of the agency. The dog and pony shows were incredible, as was the phenomenal squandering of tax funds. If I told you the compensation packages we received, and the numerous wasteful perks, it would make you sick. So, yes, I am well-versed on their “downplay” maneuvers, and much more. Needless to say, DHS has become such a laughingstock, I am now too embarrassed to even include them on my resume.

Well this settles it. Benicar once worked some job for some agency and therefore is the authoritative figure on all 4 agencies she's claiming to be refuting. Forget refuting with any facts or figures that disagree with theirs, showing flawed methodologies of their estimates, or anything else substantial, everyone should just trust Benicar's word!

Old 07-24-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Yes, like you guys like to shout, it's simple common sense. Well, that isn't scientifically debunking anything. It's nothing more than your refusal to accept something that doesn't agree with your agenda. If Texas doesn't have a withholding tax that must mean they contribute a lot more than you estimate in other areas. It definitely doesn't prove much of anything except that TX doesn't have withholding tax. Well grats on that one.
Why, of course! No doubt, their extravagant lifestyles account for their enormous contributions to Texas sales tax revenue. And, letís not forget property taxes. So, if they can make such huge contributions without even paying withholding taxes, imagine how much they must contribute in states that do withhold.

BTW, you didnít answer my question. Do you know how Texas determines the amount illegals pay in taxes? When they purchase items, is there a special code retailers enter indicating their illegal status? And if so, how do they differentiate between a legal customer and an illegal? Also, do their mortgage payments and rent include their illegal status? Hmmm. . . .

Old 07-24-2011, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Well this settles it. Benicar once worked some job for some agency and therefore is the authoritative figure on all 4 agencies she's claiming to be refuting. Forget refuting with any facts or figures that disagree with theirs, showing flawed methodologies of their estimates, or anything else substantial, everyone should just trust Benicar's word!
Youíre making yourself look very childish. At NO time did I even remotely imply that I am an authority on ANY government agency. However, as indicated, I did not elaborate. I merely shared a few details from firsthand experience with that particular agency. Their reputation speaks for itself.

Now, are you EVER going to comment on SSA, IRS, and USCIS? Or, will you continue to nitpick and deflect?

Old 07-24-2011, 03:55 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,891,375 times
Quote:
Says the guy posting racist photos every chance he gets.
Please, all these compliments you give me, I know you really don't have to but thanks anyway.

I appreciate it

Last edited by plwhit; 07-24-2011 at 04:18 PM..

Old 07-24-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Why, of course! No doubt, their extravagant lifestyles account for their enormous contributions to Texas sales tax revenue. And, let’s not forget property taxes. So, if they can make such huge contributions without even paying withholding taxes, imagine how much they must contribute in states that do withhold.

BTW, you didn’t answer my question. Do you know how Texas determines the amount illegals pay in taxes? When they purchase items, is there a special code retailers enter indicating their illegal status? And if so, how do they differentiate between a legal customer and an illegal? Also, do their mortgage payments and rent include their illegal status? Hmmm. . . .

Will you ever show actual stats from some other source to back up these bogus claims? Of course not. Did you read the study to even try to refute it from an actually logical perspective? Of course not.

It's just like your refutation of the census. All based on your negative view of a group of people. In that case it was because they are all criminals and won't fill out a questionaire and now in this one it's based on your stereotype that they don't contribute.

Here's the rub. These studies were done to specifically answer these questions so unless you can actually prove them wrong with other statistics/facts etc., you haven't done anything. If we are talking about a study done regarding illegals contributions to the economy in Texas, just saying "illegals can't possibly contribute that much they are all broke durrrrr" doesn't refute anything but that's the type of things you keep trying to do and just proves that you are picking and choosing which information to say is valid or not based on your preconceived beliefs. Now if you can dig up numbers showing theirs in error or something I'll listen, until then you are just flailing at air.

When gov't data fits Benicar's viewpoint it's a-ok. When it doesn't, it's just simple common sense that illegals would skew any data trying to be obtained. Afterall, THEY ARE CRIMINALS AND CONTRIBUTE NOTHING!

Last edited by huddledmasses; 07-24-2011 at 05:10 PM..

Old 07-24-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Will you ever show actual stats from some other source to back up these bogus claims? Of course not. Did you read the study to even try to refute it from an actually logical perspective? Of course not.

It's just like your refutation of the census. All based on your negative view of a group of people. In that case it was because they are all criminals and won't fill out a questionaire and now in this one it's based on your stereotype that they don't contribute.

Here's the rub. These studies were done to specifically answer these questions so unless you can actually prove them wrong with other statistics/facts etc., you haven't done anything. If we are talking about a study done regarding illegals contributions to the economy in Texas, just saying "illegals can't possibly contribute that much they are all broke durrrrr" doesn't refute anything but that's the type of things you keep trying to do and just proves that you are picking and choosing which information to say is valid or not based on your preconceived beliefs. Now if you can dig up numbers showing theirs in error or something I'll listen, until then you are just flailing at air.

When gov't data fits Benicar's viewpoint it's a-ok. When it doesn't, it's just simple common sense that illegals would skew any data trying to be obtained. Afterall, THEY ARE CRIMINALS AND CONTRIBUTE NOTHING!

For the last time, my opinion of illegal aliens has NO bearing on the inability of a government agency to maintain records. They either have the data, or they don’t. And, they don’t. Period. End of story.

Clearly, you refuse to even accept the glaring fact that it is impossible to determine immigration status from property/sales tax revenue. So, AGAIN, how can Texas or any state issue reports on the tax contributions of illegal aliens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or