Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 06:13 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
You haven't even explained how the PEW study got their results yet or explained with evidence, why it is a bogus study. I had to explain the methodology to you once and I still don't think you get it considering this last post you just made.
Again, Pew’s data source is the federal government. If you still don’t understand why their data cannot be accurate, there is absolutely nothing more I can possibly say.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Who's data was this? You don't trust government data.
Let’s put it this way. Over 3 million illegal aliens applied for amnesty, rather than the estimated 1 million the Census Bureau said were living in this country. Now, unless 2 million illegals entered our country after the amnesty bill passed, which is highly unlikely, they were already here.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:18 PM

951 posts, read 745,222 times
Yes. They got the number for the foreign born population from the census. How is the number of foreign born from the census in question? Refrain from calling them all criminals likely to lie cheat and steal unless you have proof. Also, "I don't trust the government" isn't a valid method of debunking anything either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Let’s put it this way. Over 3 million illegal aliens applied for amnesty, rather than the estimated 1 million the Census Bureau said were living in this country. Now, unless 2 million illegals entered our country after the amnesty bill passed, which is highly unlikely, they were already here.
Apparently this statement only lasted all of 1/2 a day:

Quote:
And, yes, when relevant, I have linked to federal government sources. But, after a thorough assessment of their data source, or lack thereof, I have come to the realization that NONE of their data is credible.
Didn't take too long to just start flinging out stats that meet your needs again.

Trust the gov't when it suits you even when in a thread you started about how all the government studies are pure bogus. lol gold.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Yes. They got the number for the foreign born population from the census. How is the number of foreign born from the census in question? Refrain from calling them all criminals likely to lie cheat and steal unless you have proof. Also, "I don't trust the government" isn't a valid method of debunking anything either.

Apparently this statement only lasted all of 1/2 a day:

Didn't take too long to just start flinging out stats that meet your needs again.
This is pointless. Clearly, you are either unable or unwilling to debate the topic. End of discussion.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:30 PM

403 posts, read 333,961 times
Quote:
Not only will illegals lie on the questionnaire, but many won’t even participate.

Fearful, angry Latinos might shun Census | Reuters
Even drunker now, but you do realize that these things ate not insurmountable variables for statistical analysis/ modeling?

Old 07-23-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Even drunker now, but you do realize that these things ate not insurmountable variables for statistical analysis/ modeling?
I never said they were. However, the salient point is the lack of verifiable data at the Census Bureau, not the number of participants.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:52 PM

403 posts, read 333,961 times
Quote:
Deleted previous comments. I misread the post.

I have explained this ad nauseam. Again, junk in, junk out.
"junk in, junk out" is not the grand refutation you seem to think it is.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
"junk in, junk out" is not the grand refutation you seem to think it is.
In this case, it is. Perhaps you know of a credible study with garbage data as a basis. I don’t. Why don’t you share one, it must be quite a phenomenal feat.

Old 07-23-2011, 11:54 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
Maybe posting that driver's license pic you like so much would nail a point home somehow.
Ok

Old 07-24-2011, 12:09 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
Refrain from calling them all criminals likely to lie cheat and steal unless you have proof.
By the fact illegal aliens are in America proves they are liars, cheats and criminals.....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration