U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-28-2011, 12:57 PM
 
794 posts, read 1,490,956 times
Reputation: 607

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
You didn't ask me to differentiate, you asked me if there were any illegal persons who should not be allowed to attend American colleges. I said yes, because that's the answer to the question you asked.
So in your view every illegal person should be given the chance to apply to our colleges?

 
Old 07-28-2011, 12:58 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
So in your view every illegal person should be given the chance to apply to our colleges?
Yeah
 
Old 07-28-2011, 01:05 PM
 
794 posts, read 1,490,956 times
Reputation: 607
Okay, that's what I thought. So why should tax payers support this?
 
Old 07-28-2011, 01:07 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
Okay, that's what I thought. So why should tax payers support this?
Well obviously the bill that was passed is not about taxpayers supporting it at all, but taxpayers should support it because it's a positive investment for their state.
 
Old 07-28-2011, 01:14 PM
 
794 posts, read 1,490,956 times
Reputation: 607
Where do you think high schools and colleges got the money to exist? Tax payers. If you've never lived here you haven't paid taxes.
 
Old 07-28-2011, 01:19 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
Where do you think high schools and colleges got the money to exist? Tax payers. If you've never lived here you haven't paid taxes.
No. Not all schools are state schools.

And again, if something is a positive investment for the state, why should it matter if taxpayers are paying?
 
Old 07-28-2011, 01:23 PM
 
794 posts, read 1,490,956 times
Reputation: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
No. Not all schools are state schools.

And again, if something is a positive investment for the state, why should it matter if taxpayers are paying?
Most are state schools and that's where many would apply. If I'm a resident who's paid taxes my whole life, how is running the possibility of not getting into the very college my tax dollars funded a good investment for me?
 
Old 07-28-2011, 01:28 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
Most are state schools
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
and that's where many would apply. If I'm a resident who's paid taxes my whole life, how is running the possibility of not getting into the very college my tax dollars funded a good investment for me?
Do you think that state schools have an obligation to accept everyone or something? When you get in, you pay for it.

States believe that it's beneficial in various ways to fund higher education. The primary reason is that it pays off down the line.
 
Old 07-28-2011, 01:42 PM
 
794 posts, read 1,490,956 times
Reputation: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
No.



Do you think that state schools have an obligation to accept everyone or something? When you get in, you pay for it.

States believe that it's beneficial in various ways to fund higher education. The primary reason is that it pays off down the line.
You don't just pay when you apply you or your parents have been paying through taxes while a resident. That's why residents should get precedence over non residents.
 
Old 07-28-2011, 01:45 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
You don't just pay when you apply you or your parents have been paying through taxes while a resident. That's why residents should get precedence over non residents.
Maybe you should check the earlier parts of this thread to see my thoughts on all this.

In the meantime, this bill is NOT ABOUT TAXPAYER MONEY. Period. It's about private financing for illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top