U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 07:09 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
So, I guess you didn’t comment on the “value” of an educated versus uneducated immigrant, illegal or otherwise?
I think it's pretty clear that we were discussing economic value. If not, I'm sorry about the miscommunication.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:18 PM

335 posts, read 280,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
You Californians can rest easy knowing that illegal immigrants will assimilate way faster than you seem to think.
LOL! You were being facetious, right?

Old 07-28-2011, 07:21 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
I think it's pretty clear that we were discussing economic value. If not, I'm sorry about the miscommunication.
You did not specify. Regardless, none of these DREAM Act measures requires a college degree prior to legalization. So, their economic “value” cannot be determined on the basis of their “possible” completion of a college education, especially since they only have to complete a 2-year program to qualify for a path to citizenship.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:19 PM

794 posts, read 1,490,521 times
Quote:
Wow, bold that "answer to my second question" without noticing that it doesn't assist your general point. The bill does not provide funding for those three years of high school, it seems that it allows for private financing only when the person has completed those three years.
It's not only 3 years of high school it can be essentially be k-12, 13 years of tax payers footing the bill for illegals. And imagine the precedent this now sets, we just gave millions of more illegals another incentive to come here illegally. There's people right now saying all we have to do is bring are kids with us and they can not only go to college but get granted citizenship. The flood gates have been opened and were going to suffer the consequences.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:28 PM

403 posts, read 280,669 times
Oh heavens! We're increasing incentives for people to come here... who want go to college!

End of America, imo.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:37 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
It's not only 3 years of high school it can be essentially be k-12, 13 years of tax payers footing the bill for illegals. And imagine the precedent this now sets, we just gave millions of more illegals another incentive to come here illegally. There's people right now saying all we have to do is bring are kids with us and they can not only go to college but get granted citizenship. The flood gates have been opened and were going to suffer the consequences.
Uh, so we're no longer talking about this bill, then? OK.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Uh, so we're no longer talking about this bill, then? OK.
Of course we are, that bill will server as another primary reason for illegals to bring there kids here. It's yet another hand out.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Oh heavens! We're increasing incentives for people to come here... who want go to college!

End of America, imo.
Since your ok with it more illegals in the public K-12 why don't you break out your check book. In fact maybe you can invite a family or two to stay at your house while your at it. In fact why don't you just be one of those private funders, go ahead write a big check for an illegal of your choice.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:45 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,030,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I feel bad for you folks in California.

It is such a beautiful state and it has gone downhill fast.
It is called liberalism.

They are hell bent on destroying America by allowing low life illegals to come here and slum the place up.

Now we all know why we need to get rid of liberals running things as quickly as possible before they use their very minority group (20%) to fundamentally change America into a dump.

The disease called liberalism is poisoning America.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:04 PM

403 posts, read 280,669 times
Hwy phantom,

Seeing as how I pay my taxes, I already do. I'd be much happier knowing my tax dollars were going toward the education of an impoverished illegal immigrant rather than to pay for some munitions that will be launched at some random person on the side of a remote mountain or in some nameless stretch of desert.

How about this: I'll pick up the percentage of your taxes that go to supporting illegal aliens and you can pick up the percentage of my taxes that go to "defense spending"

What's funny about your post is that you clearly think "illegal immigrants" are so detestable that you think the notion of a family of them staying in my home would be such an undesirable thing that it would make me reconsider my position on allowing private funding for them even if that meant having to pay for more of them to go through the public education system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration