U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 10:15 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,049,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
Hwy phantom,

Seeing as how I pay my taxes, I already do. I'd be much happier knowing my tax dollars were going toward the education of an impoverished illegal immigrant rather than to pay for some munitions that will be launched at some random person on the side of a remote mountain or in some nameless stretch of desert.

How about this: I'll pick up the percentage of your taxes that go to supporting illegal aliens and you can pick up the percentage of my taxes that go to "defense spending"

What's funny about your post is that you clearly think "illegal immigrants" are so detestable that you think the notion of a family of them staying in my home would be such an undesirable thing that it would make me reconsider my position on allowing private funding for them even if that meant having to pay for more of them to go through the public education system.
why does it have to be either or?
I would much rather we not waste our tax dollars on either.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:23 PM

794 posts, read 1,502,124 times
Quote:
Hwy phantom,

Seeing as how I pay my taxes, I already do. I'd be much happier knowing my tax dollars were going toward the education of an impoverished illegal immigrant rather than to pay for some munitions that will be launched at some random person on the side of a remote mountain or in some nameless stretch of desert.

How about this: I'll pick up the percentage of your taxes that go to supporting illegal aliens and you can pick up the percentage of my taxes that go to "defense spending"

What's funny about your post is that you clearly think "illegal immigrants" are so detestable that you think the notion of a family of them staying in my home would be such an undesirable thing that it would make me reconsider my position on allowing private funding for them even if that meant having to pay for more of them to go through the public education system.
So your happy to pay taxes for illegals, how happy would you be to pay more, how about we allow 10 million more, or how about 20 million? And what does defense spending have to do with this, I never mentioned defense spending.

I'm never said a illegals are detestable, that's your own words. I'm saying why should I or any other tax payer subsides them?

Old 07-28-2011, 10:37 PM

403 posts, read 283,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
why does it have to be either or?
I would much rather we not waste our tax dollars on either.
It certainly doesn't have to be. However, I would hardly, if ever, consider spending money on someones education a waste especially when compared to war expenditures.

Old 07-28-2011, 10:49 PM

403 posts, read 283,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy phantom View Post
So your happy to pay taxes for illegals, how happy would you be to pay more, how about we allow 10 million more, or how about 20 million? And what does defense spending have to do with this, I never mentioned defense spending.

I'm never said a illegals are detestable, that's your own words. I'm saying why should I or any other tax payer subsides them?
$20 million? What is that, a nickel a person? Sure. In fact I'll pay your share for you. If you're that concerned about $20 million for education you should be ****ting yourself over the sums of money that are literally lit on fire by our militaristic endeavors.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:26 PM

794 posts, read 1,502,124 times
Quote:
$20 million? What is that, a nickel a person? Sure. In fact I'll pay your share for you. If you're that concerned about $20 million for education you should be ****ting yourself over the sums of money that are literally lit on fire by our militaristic endeavors.
Not 20 million dollars, 20 million more illegal immigrants, believe me that would cost a hell of a lot more than $20 million dollars and again what's with comparing spending of the military, were not talking about that.

Oh and btw, on the topic of you being happy to pay for illegals education, it sounds like you're assuming there gonna stay here in the U.S. Well what if they decide to take your tax payer funded education and go back home with it to work there?

Old 07-29-2011, 03:21 AM
Yac

5,893 posts, read 6,355,220 times
Since it seems most of you can't be bothered to read the contents of the link in the op, and all we get is the usual bickering and nitpicking, I'm closing this thread as it's going nowhere constructive.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration