U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-26-2011, 10:24 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,854,828 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Not one poster realizing that this bill is about private financing. Not one. The most there is about public financing in the article is a guess that maybe it would happen in the future.

This bill allows private individuals and groups to provide scholarships, it's not taxpayer money.

How about we have a citizenship test where the only criteria is the ability to read the first paragraph of a newspaper article?
Does in-state tuition ring a bell? This is NOT only an issue of private financing. They will also qualify for tax-funded reduced tuition rates, while a non-resident U.S. citizen must pay higher rates, not to mention foreign students here legally.

 
Old 07-26-2011, 10:34 AM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,251,392 times
Reputation: 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Does in-state tuition ring a bell? This is NOT only an issue of private financing. They will also qualify for tax-funded reduced tuition rates, while a non-resident U.S. citizen must pay higher rates, not to mention foreign students here legally.
So much for the "equality" that these illegals are protesting for. Illegals get more breaks than citizens and legal immigrants.
 
Old 07-26-2011, 10:40 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,008,409 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Does in-state tuition ring a bell? This is NOT only an issue of private financing. They will also qualify for tax-funded reduced tuition rates, while a non-resident U.S. citizen must pay higher rates, not to mention foreign students here legally.
No actually. This bill is entirely about private financing.

Glad you doubled down instead of just pretending to have been talking about AB 131.
 
Old 07-26-2011, 10:50 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,854,828 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
No actually. This bill is entirely about private financing.

Glad you doubled down instead of just pretending to have been talking about AB 131.
Oh, so you actually believe he will sign only this portion of the CA DREAM Act, and deny these poor students in-state tuition? Right.
 
Old 07-26-2011, 10:54 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,008,409 times
Reputation: 111
No, I hope he signs 131. But uh, that's not what this thread is about. It's OK, you just wanted to complain about taxpayer money and didn't have a venue. I understand.

But yeah, everyone here was wrong, this bill is about private financing.
 
Old 07-26-2011, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,854,828 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
No, I hope he signs 131. But uh, that's not what this thread is about. It's OK, you just wanted to complain about taxpayer money and didn't have a venue. I understand.

But yeah, everyone here was wrong, this bill is about private financing.
Yes, private financing for those who flout our laws. What a wonderful gesture.

Rather than assisting scofflaws, these private financiers should help the children of victims of illegal aliens. Now, thatís something I would wholeheartedly support.
 
Old 07-26-2011, 11:11 AM
 
Location: The middle of nowhere Arkansas
3,326 posts, read 2,629,486 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Not one poster realizing that this bill is about private financing. Not one. The most there is about public financing in the article is a guess that maybe it would happen in the future.

This bill allows private individuals and groups to provide scholarships, it's not taxpayer money.

How about we have a citizenship test where the only criteria is the ability to read the first paragraph of a newspaper article?
Oops. That I am all for.
 
Old 07-26-2011, 11:14 AM
 
2,113 posts, read 2,251,392 times
Reputation: 1758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Oops. That I am all for.
No worries. These illegals are already getting subsidized by taxpayer money. In-state tuition anyone?
 
Old 07-26-2011, 11:15 AM
 
10,658 posts, read 11,387,307 times
Reputation: 6015
 
Old 07-26-2011, 11:27 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,008,409 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, private financing for those who flout our laws. What a wonderful gesture.

Rather than assisting scofflaws, these private financiers should help the children of victims of illegal aliens. Now, thatís something I would wholeheartedly support.
They can do that, too. It's their money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top