Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 09:51 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I think most of us know history. Of course the reconquista types have their own version of history. Perhaps the version you believe?
Was it last while in grade school (quite a long time ago for some)? How was the concept of "Manifest Destiny" phrased to the class? You may get some more hint to who I am by hearing that I did teach American history to schoolchildren.

It's an interesting claim about my studies, when I'm correcting a poster on civics knowledge, finding out he (?) plagiarized someone else's words as his (?) own, and didn't do his (?) homework if he calls former Governor Bill Richardson an "Anchor Baby"...

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 08-02-2011 at 10:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 11:45 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Was it last while in grade school (quite a long time ago for some)? How was the concept of "Manifest Destiny" phrased to the class? You may get some more hint to who I am by hearing that I did teach American history to schoolchildren.

It's an interesting claim about my studies, when I'm correcting a poster on civics knowledge, finding out he (?) plagiarized someone else's words as his (?) own, and didn't do his (?) homework if he calls former Governor Bill Richardson an "Anchor Baby"...
So, what is this English 1B? If you had read it before than you should have known why the Blue US Passport is considered to denote US Citizenship and that a US National will be clearly identified as such.

Yes, his father was a US Citizen, I didn't catch writing it as National as I am doing Daddy Daycare with a 5 yo and 8 yo. Richardson came up simply because his situation is much more intriguing than Obama's. Richardson's mother (Mexican citizen) being sent here to solely give birth and then leave shortly after (had he been born in Mexico his parents would only have had to submit the birth to the American Consul in Mexico as he would have received "transmitted citizenship" from his father) vs Obama's mother (citizen) and father (student visa) already here.

Unlike your insinuation that I am in someway a birther, right?

Old 08-03-2011, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
So, what is this English 1B? If you had read it before than you should have known why the Blue US Passport is considered to denote US Citizenship and that a US National will be clearly identified as such...
I don't remember from my blue-cover passport whether it had me identified as a U.S. citizen, but by convention, you would expect a diplomatic passport holder to be a citizen of that country...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
...Yes, his father was a US Citizen, I didn't catch writing it as National as I am doing Daddy Daycare with a 5 yo and 8 yo. Richardson came up simply because his situation is much more intriguing than Obama's. Richardson's mother (Mexican citizen) being sent here to solely give birth and then leave shortly after (had he been born in Mexico his parents would only have had to submit the birth to the American Consul in Mexico as he would have received "transmitted citizenship" from his father) vs Obama's mother (citizen) and father (student visa) already here.

Unlike your insinuation that I am in someway a birther, right?
Bill Richardson's father was born overseas (actually on a ship going to Nicaragua) to U.S. citizens, so he wanted his own children (Bill has a younger sister that is a doctor in Mexico) born within U.S. boundaries. In 1947 his mother was likely within the country with status, staying at her sister-in-law's house in Pasadena. I've found him among the California birth records.

His (paternal) U.S. citizen Grandfather (same name as his father, but a biologist instead of a banker) is shown in Mexico on their 1930 country-wide census, so it is probably better that the rules were more relaxed back then...

Old 08-03-2011, 06:18 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,018,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aberdeane View Post
We're Americans; so YES, we CAN stop illegal aliens from hi-jacking the Fourteenth Amendment!
Good news, nobody has hijacked it!

Old 08-03-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I think most of us know history. Of course the reconquista types have their own version of history. Perhaps the version you believe?
I'll risk a step off-topic:

Many Americans would be able to easily name the root causes of the Civil War. Name at least one cause or conflict that led to the Mexican-American War. Hint: Use your inverse premise from above ("Reconquista") that you state most Mexicans felt the United States stole their land.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:35 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,189,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Can anything be done? Its a scheme illegals are getting away with.

just because the baby is now american does not mean the parents are. if the parents want to claim the baby as american, then take the baby away from them and ship them back to the country from where they came from. the baby can now be put up for adoption. if the parents do not want to leave the baby here, then the baby can pick up their american passport from a consulate/embassy office at age 18.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:58 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,663,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
just because the baby is now american does not mean the parents are. if the parents want to claim the baby as american, then take the baby away from them and ship them back to the country from where they came from. the baby can now be put up for adoption. if the parents do not want to leave the baby here, then the baby can pick up their american passport from a consulate/embassy office at age 18.
How are they American besides on paper, if they do not assimilate and push for an full force invasion?

Old 08-03-2011, 09:05 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,683,457 times
You mean like Willard (Mitt) Romney, who's father doesn't seem to have become a citizen when the family came here from Mexic0?

Old 08-03-2011, 09:23 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,075,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
You mean like Willard (Mitt) Romney, who's father doesn't seem to have become a citizen when the family came here from Mexic0?
George Romney was born already a US Citizen (born to 2 US Citizen parents in Mexico - transmitted citizenship to George - The children of persons who now are or have been citizens of the United States are, though born out of the limits and jurisdiction of the United States, considered as citizens thereof.
Read more: A Summary of the Naturalization Laws of the United States (1907) A Summary of the Naturalization Laws of the United States (1907)).

Mitt on the other hand was born in the US to 2 US Citizens. George dropped out of the Presidential field in 1968, so we don't get to find out if he would have been declared unfit for President (natural born or not), but, since most scholars agree:

The Constitution does not define the phrase natural-born citizen, and various opinions have been offered over time regarding its precise meaning. There is general agreement that the term encompasses, as a minimum, anyone born on U.S. soil to U.S. citizen parents. Most scholars and politicians currently agree that the term includes those born on U.S. soil, as well as those born to U.S. citizens parents regardless of place of birth.
The natural-born-citizen clause has been mentioned in passing in several decisions of the United States Supreme Court and lower courts, but the Supreme Court has never directly addressed the question of a specific presidential or vice-presidential candidate's eligibility as a natural-born citizen..

We did get to hear about a US Citizen born in a US Territory to 2 US Citizens being defined as "natural born" - John McCain.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 08-03-2011 at 09:36 AM..

Old 08-03-2011, 09:38 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,663,038 times
We are talking about parents of foreign nationality/citizenship who come here for the sole purpose of having a baby on American soil.

The family business has been running for years we adopt people to join the family legally, now all of sudden outsiders who do not belong here have babies within the company & want to be considered equals when they don't assimilate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration