Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 01:26 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,494 times

Advertisements

Wash. cancels illegal immigrant reporter's license - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Pulitzer Prize winner or not, I am glad to see that no special treatment is being given. Of course though, he isn't being deported and probably will get some group to represent him and be given some visa. He also gets to keep a form of identification to use for boarding a plane or other services that need an ID. How many legal journalists would love this job? I'm sure he has worked hard for what he has succeeded at, but that is still one less job for a qualified, legal resident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 01:29 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,939 times
Finally an opening that an out of work Pulitzer Prize winner can fill.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Finally an opening that an out of work Pulitzer Prize winner can fill.
Actually, he only won the Pulitzer Prize because he was apart of a TEAM that won it. The Washington Post covered the Virginia Tech shooting and won the award for that. I am pretty sure that any other qualified journalist could have done the same.

Also, the point is that this is a good move that shows an actual enforcing of some laws instead of allowing someone's award excuse them from being treated like everyone else.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:50 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,356,020 times
Interesting how the headline spins it so it looks like he lost his license to be a journalist (there is no such thing) instead of his driver's license. Fortunately he can still write. As I recall, he was brought here as a child by his illegal immigrant parents. He was put in a terrible position by them and has shown himself to be an exemplary citizen. I'd just as soon deport or disenfranchise some of our legal citizens than someone like him.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Actually, he only won the Pulitzer Prize because he was apart of a TEAM that won it. The Washington Post covered the Virginia Tech shooting and won the award for that. I am pretty sure that any other qualified journalist could have done the same.

Also, the point is that this is a good move that shows an actual enforcing of some laws instead of allowing someone's award excuse them from being treated like everyone else.
But um, the point of immigration laws are, according to most people here, to keep out people who will generally be a drain on the economy, not high achievers (who create jobs on average FWIW). So it does actually move against the spirit of our immigration laws to deport him.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:02 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Interesting how the headline spins it so it looks like he lost his license to be a journalist (there is no such thing) instead of his driver's license. Fortunately he can still write. As I recall, he was brought here as a child by his illegal immigrant parents. He was put in a terrible position by them and has shown himself to be an exemplary citizen. I'd just as soon deport or disenfranchise some of our legal citizens than someone like him.
Since citzens can't be deported why wouldn't you just say we should deport the illegal aliens that are dregs on our society? Interesting, hmm.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
Huh? What headline spins something? When I read the headline, I immediately knew they meant driver's license. Especially since the topic of driver's licenses is a big thing in the conversation of illegal immigration.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
But um, the point of immigration laws are, according to most people here, to keep out people who will generally be a drain on the economy, not high achievers (who create jobs on average FWIW). So it does actually move against the spirit of our immigration laws to deport him.
The majority of illegal immigrants aren't Pulitzer Prize winning journalists. Also, where in what you quoted did I mention deportation?

Gosh you try too hard.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
The majority of illegal immigrants aren't Pulitzer Prize winning journalists. Also, where in what you quoted did I mention deportation?

Gosh you try too hard.
Uh, right but your whole point was that we should not make exceptions. But my point is that, at the least, we should.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:13 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Quote:
No, EVERYONE who is a illegal alien must be deported.

Especially a clown like this who knew for years he was illegal and gave officials forged/wrong documentation.

Only the progressive liberals who push to get illegal aliens amnesty would come up with
Quote:
spirit of our immigration laws

If there is a spirit here it's to get rid of the illegal aliens who infest America......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration