U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 07:24 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,099,270 times

Advertisements

It seems like every time a large amount of illegals enter the U.S we give them amnesty.
They say they will secure the border and it will never happen again.

Yet here we are Obama wants amnesty and no law enforcement.

When will it end?
Should we just have an open border?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 07:47 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
It seems like every time a large amount of illegals enter the U.S we give them amnesty.

When will it end?
I personally don't think an amnesty will ever occur again. Too many Americans opposed to it. The feds will just retain the status quo and do nothing at all unless perhaps we elect a strong anti-amnesty/enforcement president and equally strong anti-amnesty/enforcement congress. I think state by state we will take our country back and illegals will have nowhere to run and hide so many will leave as the jobs dry up and fewer will attempt entry. The biggest problem I see is birthright citizenship. If that is ended along with each state doing what Arizona, Alabama, Georgia, etc. is doing to fight illegal immigration through enforcement we will end this madness. Open borders is not an option at all.

Last edited by chicagonut; 07-27-2011 at 07:57 AM..

Old 07-27-2011, 10:42 AM

327 posts, read 262,156 times
I think its either amnesty or years of fighting with foreigners within our coutry who should not be here.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:53 AM

574 posts, read 1,342,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post

When will it end?
I don't believe you will see any widespread reported amnesty program for the same reasons already stated. However our government will continue to tweak all of the other laws instead which will equate to giving them amnesty anyhow. For example Obama has used his "Executive Order" powers to pass the Dream Act which is a big part of that tweaking. As a result agencies such as ICE are now toning down the arrest and deportation of illegals. Here is an interesting ICE memo regarding this http://www.ice.gov/doclib/secure-com...etion-memo.pdf

As for having an open border we already do. The checkpoints there are used by, for the most part, the more honest people who are following the laws. Most of the illegals, drugs, crime problems, etc., walk over the border at other than manned checkpoints. Our federal government does little to stop it and blocks the States from acting to stop it.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:20 AM

222 posts, read 416,761 times
When will amnesties end?.... whenever our government has accomplished whatever plans it has that we American citizens don't know about... You know and I know there is a reason for not enforcing our immigration laws and it has to be more than for votes.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:26 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd love View Post
I think its either amnesty or years of fighting with foreigners within our coutry who should not be here.
A civil war perhaps? It would be a short one since legals out number illegals over 30-1.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:21 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd love View Post
It's not an either-or. Just leave them illegal. That was their own choice in the first place.

If they've bothered to learn anything at all about this country, they must have learned there are legal ways to be here and if they don't have a criminal record, they can easily return home and start over the right way.

Otherwise, leave them illegal. That keeps them off some of the government handouts at least. And makes them easy to deport when they commit crimes, or at some future time.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:38 PM

1,574 posts, read 789,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If they've bothered to learn anything at all about this country, they must have learned there are legal ways to be here and if they don't have a criminal record, they can easily return home and start over the right way.
Obviously YOU haven't learned anything at all about immigration into this country, since for the people you're talking about there is effectively NO legal way for them to be here. The fact that there are legal ways for SOME people to be here is basically irrelevant because those ways are very limited in scope.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:07 PM

4,135 posts, read 9,120,662 times
If you give illegals already here amnesty, many will ask for the spouse to come ( I wager you also create a cottage industry of fake spouses who will disappear once here) So, 1 person becomes 2. Then, they want the kids, let's say the low is 2/family. 2 people become 4. But what about the grandparents? let's say just 2 of the 4 come: 4 people become 6.

From amnesty to 1 illegal, you might get 6 people here or more. Multiply my the low ammount of 12 million (6X 12 million) --- 72 million people. I THINK the 12 million (lowest # I have seen) is LOW. If it is the 20 million sometimes quoted, the number can be much higher.

You have just changed the entire makeup of the country and created a group of voters who will skew the system for generations by voting for whoever got them amnesty.

FORGET ANY AMNESTY!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-02-2011, 01:22 AM

1,150 posts, read 991,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellsandwater View Post
When will amnesties end?.... whenever our government has accomplished whatever plans it has that we American citizens don't know about... You know and I know there is a reason for not enforcing our immigration laws and it has to be more than for votes.
I believe it's to further the idea of a North American Union, like the European Union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or