U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 12:05 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times

Advertisements

Are we now suppose to want Educated Illegals in our Cities?

Old 07-30-2011, 08:10 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,976,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
lol no. Why would you think that?
Because unlike you I don't see everything through the opaque curtain of the liberal bias.

Your turn. Why are you so adamant in your support of law breakers and feel that they are entitled to anything they wish?

Old 07-30-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
I'm not spinning this as a right for illegals. If anything, it's a right for the people funding the scholarships to dispose of their own property as they see fit. If we want to talk about people who should NOT have rights, we should start with YOU not having the right to stop other people from spending their own money in this way just because it hurts your feelings.

Illegals are not TAKING money from anyone here, the donors are giving it of their own free will. Are US citizens who get scholarships having some entitlement mentality extended? Is reducing the competition americans have to face extending that same entitlement mentality?
So you have no problem with people supporting illegal activity, using their money to circumvent the law? YOU do not have the right to ignore the law, at least not without facing the consequences. If people are spending their own money in support of illegals, they are part of the problem. Similar to employers who hire illegals and shelter them.

BTW, by using the money provided, the illegals ARE taking the money. Otherwise they could not pay their bills. For the most part, these illegals have not tested or proven that these "scholarships" (read illegal donations) should be theirs.

Try again to justify your support of illegal activities. You have failed here.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:20 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Because unlike you I don't see everything through the opaque curtain of the liberal bias.

Your turn.
Oh that's actually not a real answer, so if you could give a real, substantive reply, I'll answer your question.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:11 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
My questions to these illegal aliens would have been (based on their responses)

~ Why are you still living in America if you find work less than 10 days out of every month?

~ Why are you still living and working in America if you aren't getting paid?

~ Your health is poor and never once used in the past 17 years any social services or medical facility in America?

~ How do you support your family if you can't find any work and are not getting paid?

~ Has any of your family members who live here in America used any social services or medical facilities?

~ Does any of your family members attend American schools?
The whole reason many of them now want to be handed American citizenship on a silver platter is that many of them have or can at least claim to have worked 10 years -- how easy is it to claim you stole a social security number ten years ago and worked illegally and are now entitled to a nice fat social security check every month?

There is a very good reason to decide that you must now be rewarded with citizenship when you broke the laws of this country for many years.

Otherwise, why not just leave them the way they chose to be here -- illegal?

Old 07-30-2011, 10:18 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Nor have I. As long as illegals pay for their education, rather than draining our funds, who cares?
Yes, and as long as one group of foreign students doesn't think they're special because they're here breaking the laws and pay the same rates as foreign students who did everything the right way, it can be good because they will help the universities by all paying the foreign student rates.

Then they can take their educations they paid for all on their own and return home and do something very beneficial for their homelands. That's how it should be.

I don't think it's at all hard to obtain a student visa. That has to be one of the easiest visas to obtain.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Oh that's actually not a real answer, so if you could give a real, substantive reply, I'll answer your question.
As usual, anything that you cannot defend within the law or logic is regarded by you as no real answer. Nice try at avoiding the question. It is about what I expected from you. More spin and avoidance.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
As usual, anything that you cannot defend within the law or logic is regarded by you as no real answer. Nice try at avoiding the question. It is about what I expected from you. More spin and avoidance.
The answer you gave to my question was "I AM NOT BLINDED BY LIBERAL BIAS" or some BS like that. If you think you're having a substantive discussion when you throw out lines like that, I guess I don't know what to say. And then you call me asking for a real response "spin and avoidance." Go hold up a sign on a subway platform.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Why are you so adamant in your support of law breakers and feel that they are entitled to anything they wish?
And just for fun, Arjay, I'll answer this in the discussion style you prefer:

It's because I'm not blinded by conservative bias.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:20 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,133,484 times
Cant help but wonder if these uneducated illegals will care as much about our eco systems here in the US? I am thinking not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or