U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 04:52 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Embarrassing myself? Please. Perhaps you should refer to their wages as prevailing, minimum, etc, rather than legal. They are illegal, so their employment and earnings are also illegal. However, I am still trying to understand how they can be “cheap” labor, and simultaneously earn the same wages and benefits as citizens.
The wage itself is not what is illegal. Is $10 a "legal wage"? Yes. But it's not legal to pay it to a 2 year old to paint your house.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well if low wages aren't the reason for the employers to hire them, then there should be no problem for those employers to bring in work sponsored immigrants instead. After all there are no caps on H2A visas. The only glich is that legal wages must be paid. H1B visas may require a little more but if paying good wages isn't a problem, then why hire illegals?
UNLIMITED H2A VISAS GUYS HAVEN'T YOU HEARD?!?

There is a considerable burden on employers to utilize H2A's, and that is why they don't use them much.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:23 PM

951 posts, read 616,596 times
Quote:
Well if low wages aren't the reason for the employers to hire them, then there should be no problem for those employers to bring in work sponsored immigrants instead. After all there are no caps on H2A visas. The only glich is that legal wages must be paid. H1B visas may require a little more but if paying good wages isn't a problem, then why hire illegals?

H2A visas are faulty and the farmers in this country have tried to get things changed. Also, H2A visas are for farm work or seasonal work and as chi-nut and you point out only 3% of illegals are farming so these aren't even valid methods for other workers.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:36 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
UNLIMITED H2A VISAS GUYS HAVEN'T YOU HEARD?!?

There is a considerable burden on employers to utilize H2A's, and that is why they don't use them much.
Yeah...yeah...yeah. Same employers who find it a considerable burden to employ Americans.

They have zero excuses. If they need employees there are several steps they could make. 1. Be better employers. If you can't find anyone who wants to work for you even when people are losing their unemployment benefits, you need to take a look in the mirror. Maybe stop being a skinflint and pay better wages, at least legal wages, offer some benefits, don't treat employees like slaves. 2. Make that little effort to provide work visas. H1B visas or H2A visas or one of the many other visas.

Wouldn't you like to see more immigrants have a chance to come in legally through work visas?

Old 07-31-2011, 08:41 AM

69,278 posts, read 79,447,244 times
Quote:
look where this is coming from and you expect the person with average of better intelligence to take it seriously. I am sure immigration is important to Hispanics, I also know those who are here legally and do not have family members here who have snuck over the border, take it very seriously: they take illegals entering our country illlegally seriously. They hate it!!!

Nita

Old 07-31-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Yeah...yeah...yeah. Same employers who find it a considerable burden to employ Americans.

They have zero excuses. If they need employees there are several steps they could make. 1. Be better employers. If you can't find anyone who wants to work for you even when people are losing their unemployment benefits, you need to take a look in the mirror. Maybe stop being a skinflint and pay better wages, at least legal wages, offer some benefits, don't treat employees like slaves. 2. Make that little effort to provide work visas. H1B visas or H2A visas or one of the many other visas.

Wouldn't you like to see more immigrants have a chance to come in legally through work visas?
Yes, and I'd like to make those visas much, much easier to get and utilize on both ends.

You can't have it both ways. You say "well if the want the labor they can just use the UNLIMITED (always stress the unlimited thing, always) H2A visas!" And then someone explains that those are actually a large burden on employers and you handwave it away.

I also love - LOVE - the "be better employers" line. No one is saying they can't find employees anywhere. We're only saying that if the believe illegal labor works cheaper or better, that's their business.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:51 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Yes, and I'd like to make those visas much, much easier to get and utilize on both ends.

You can't have it both ways. You say "well if the want the labor they can just use the UNLIMITED (always stress the unlimited thing, always) H2A visas!" And then someone explains that those are actually a large burden on employers and you handwave it away.

I also love - LOVE - the "be better employers" line. No one is saying they can't find employees anywhere. We're only saying that if the believe illegal labor works cheaper or better, that's their business.
They can “believe” what they choose. But, our laws require employers to hire only those with a legal presence in this country. Like it, or not, the employment of illegal aliens is unlawful, and businesses that willfully employ illegal aliens are involved in a criminal enterprise, and should be treated accordingly.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
They can “believe” what they choose. But, our laws require employers to hire only those with a legal presence in this country. Like it, or not, the employment of illegal aliens is unlawful, and businesses that willfully employ illegal aliens are involved in a criminal enterprise, and should be treated accordingly.
Cooooool story bro.

I agree that it's illegal, but it doesn't really affect my point.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:57 AM

951 posts, read 616,596 times
What part of the law don't you understand!?

Old 07-31-2011, 10:05 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times
Quote:
Why do you need to do this every time we're having a separate discussion? I don't lead off every post I direct at you with "you have not convinced me that illegal immigration is not beneficial" or something generic like that. Just stick to the topic. I posed certain questions, not a generalized position statement.
Look around out there. Many people cant find work. Americans come 1st in the USA. Illegal aliens need to go home an take there anchors with em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration