U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 12:30 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,582,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
I'm not second guessing your motives. I'm telling you that you will come out on the side of whatever makes illegal immigrants look the worst, regardless of logical consistency. I'm sorry that my estimates offend you, I'm sure one day you'll think of something illegal immigrants do that you do not oppose.

I'm glad that you abhor the mistreatment of children. No one said otherwise.
Do you know any illegal immigrants? Personally?

Old 07-30-2011, 12:32 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Do you know any illegal immigrants? Personally?
I've met illegal immigrants before, sure.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:40 PM

634 posts, read 960,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Sounds like a good reason to make it easier for people to legally enter the US. Then the kids wouldn't be left behind since the crossing is so dangerous.
You're wrong. Look at the EU. People from Eastern Europe move legally in Italy, France, UK or other Western European countries but leave their kids single at home!

Old 07-30-2011, 12:46 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
I'm not second guessing your motives. I'm telling you that you will come out on the side of whatever makes illegal immigrants look the worst, regardless of logical consistency. I'm sorry that my estimates offend you, I'm sure one day you'll think of something illegal immigrants do that you do not oppose.

I'm glad that you abhor the mistreatment of children. No one said otherwise.
This is a joke, right? You have consistently shown that you will NEVER condemn ANY illegal alien behavior. Yet, you dare accuse me of lacking objectivity. Please. Sorry, but there is nothing I can think of regarding illegal immigration that warrants my support.

Edit: Your “estimates” don’t offend me. I simply want you to prove your estimates are at least somewhat accurate. Now, you either can, or you can’t. Since you have chosen to ignore my request, I will assume you can’t.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:47 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
I've met illegal immigrants before, sure.
So have many of us. One illegal I know does still send money home to his kids but has gone over 6 years without seeing them. I hear of how they cry, they want to see him, they are growing up with no parent, their mother too is out of the picture.

I also know of an illegal woman who doesn't know if she'll ever see her kids, all she has of them is a crumpled photo of them. But no way does she have the education or job skills to support four kids here in this country. She cannot speak English, her health is poor, all she can do is clean houses and not all that well. She cannot afford groceries for 4 kids here, much less housing costs, electric bills. Cleaning houses a couple days a week for a few dollars just doesn't cut it.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is a joke, right? You have consistently shown that you will NEVER condemn ANY illegal alien behavior. Yet, you dare accuse me of lacking objectivity. Please. Sorry, but there is nothing I can think of regarding illegal immigration that warrants my support.
lol, I'm pretty sure I'm willing to condemn anyone's behavior as long as I feel they've done something wrong.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So have many of us. One illegal I know does still send money home to his kids but has gone over 6 years without seeing them. I hear of how they cry, they want to see him, they are growing up with no parent, their mother too is out of the picture.
Sounds awful. Since it's not inherent to illegal immigration at all, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be inferring from this.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:55 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,646,310 times
Why is it that "going to the United States to "work"? Is the only option? Can you imagine if every single person in Mexico, Central and South America who is struggling to support their families decided to come here? We already have too many illegal aliens who don't belong here and in turn Americans who can't even support their families due to job losses and etc.

Why do you supporters defend illegal aliens? What about your fellow Americans? Do you even care?

It is plain disgusting.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
lol, I'm pretty sure I'm willing to condemn anyone's behavior as long as I feel they've done something wrong.
Right. So, I suppose ID theft, myriads acts of fraud, tax evasion, DUI, rape, murder, gangbanging, pedophilia, drug/human trafficking, are a-okay in your opinion. If you have condemned illegal aliens, you certainly have not done it on this forum. At least, I have not seen it.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Sounds awful. Since it's not inherent to illegal immigration at all, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be inferring from this.
I am still waiting for your proof that only a “tiny minority” of illegal aliens leave their children behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or