U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2011, 03:56 PM

951 posts, read 617,247 times

Advertisements

So, I suppose soldiers working overseas and sending money back to their kids are somehow different than those dirty brown people doing it amirite? I suppose people that rarely see their kids because they go to boarding schools are somehow different as well amirite?

It is pretty funny how you guys can complain that they send money back and at the same time condemn them because they didn't bring their kids on a dangerous trip and don't care for them despite the fact you are already forgetting that you were just complaining about them sending money back to support those kids lol. Logical inconsistencies ftw.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:12 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,006,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sorry, but illegal aliens do not only commit “status crimes.” And, if I’m not mistaken, you have participated in discussions regarding their other illegal activities. Yet, still no condemnation. Heck, you can’t even force yourself to condemn child abandonment. Rather, you chose to question my motives for posting the article.
I just said it was "awful" to malamute, imo.

I also never said illegal immigrants ONLY commit status crimes lol.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:14 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,772,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
How about an illegal alien with a U.S. citizen spouse, and U.S. citizen children from the relationship?...

There is a specific case I have in mind that fits the scenario...

Are those illegal aliens better returning ¨home¨ to their countries (possibly being deported) or staying with their families here?...

EDIT: Be very aware that I am following the OP title of ¨Children of Illegal Aliens Left Behind¨...
With a US spouse? There's no reason for that illegal to be illegal if the couple followed the legal guidelines. Why wouldn't the citizen spouse have bothered to sponsor their spouse from the get-go?

If the illegal has deportation orders, still no reason to separate the family, the family isn't prohibited from going with the illegal. Love doesn't happen only in the USA. But also, if people choose to ignore the legal process, that's their problem.

I work with a guy who is here legally. He married a woman who for some reason cannot come here so they live in the other border town, he commutes to work here. No problem, nothing and no one illegal.

Another case I know of, but don't know the guy personally and he lives in a northern US state illegally. He has a family back in Mexico that he did leave but sometimes sends a little money to, he's got another family in the northern state.

If he stays, he's staying united with the girlfriend and his US born kid, if he gets deported, he can go home to his wife and kids back home. However there's not a real good way of keeping that family unified unless we get bigamy. Sometimes there is no "perfect" solution.

I know a woman who married a deportable illegal. She brought her USA citizen child with her and her husband to Mexico. When they got there, his other wife got real mad and got the Mexican government involved because he was a bigamist. So they all fled back to the USA, but the US wife ended up without him in the end because the ICE agents finally caught up with him, he got deported anyhow, you can't do bigamy for a green card marriage. So yes, sadly some times things don't work out.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:18 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,015,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It still is a deportational offense. It isn't off topic to make an analogy. You just can't handle the truth that's all, and no I have no desire to hear this man's sob story. He obviously entered this country illegally or overstayed his visa so sending him back to his homeland is the lawful thing to do.

I would be willing to bet that he was working with a fake or stolen I.D. and that is a felony. Should we just turn a blind eye to that also when an American doing the same thing would be sent to jail?
Yes, he overstayed the conditions of his ¨student visa¨ (if he had EWI´ed I would have said that for his offenses). After he was here a couple years, his father died, and he ended up dropping a semester to attend to matters (and thus violated his visa conditions). However, he did eventually complete his degree plan despite being out-of-status.

He and his American wife never told their two children that he didn´t have immigration status. When they were in their teenage years ICE finally caught up with their dad. The United States deported him back his home country in Africa.

I became aware of the case when it was featured among others in a two-hour presentation called ¨The Naturalized¨ on the History Channel. His name was Uzo. Later on the producers gave an update that his wife mounted a successful appeal of his deportation, and he was re-admitted to the United States as a Legal Permanent Resident since the show aired.

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 07-30-2011 at 04:27 PM..

Old 07-30-2011, 04:21 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,772,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
So, I suppose soldiers working overseas and sending money back to their kids are somehow different than those dirty brown people doing it amirite? I suppose people that rarely see their kids because they go to boarding schools are somehow different as well amirite?

It is pretty funny how you guys can complain that they send money back and at the same time condemn them because they didn't bring their kids on a dangerous trip and don't care for them despite the fact you are already forgetting that you were just complaining about them sending money back to support those kids lol. Logical inconsistencies ftw.
Except it's not inconsistent to believe they shouldn't break the laws in the first place and shouldn't leave their families in Mexico or where-ever behind but should stay there and work on building their local economies, working for reform AND raise their children. Others are doing that.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:39 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,826,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The only offense I am aware of in this specific case was ¨Illegal Presence¨, which is not ¨criminal¨. You´re going off-topic trying to defend the reverse premise of illegal alien parents being separated from their children here. Don´t you want to know more about the case of this illegal alien father being deported away from his family?

I asked if that initial decision of the U.S. government was correct, and didn´t receive an answer...
No, I don’t. If he was here illegally, deportation is one of the consequences. He can relocate his family to his country of origin. That is, unless he already has a family back home. That could be messy.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:47 PM

8,664 posts, read 8,799,908 times
wel sticks for them, their parents are crimials, so deal with it kid.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:51 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,826,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post

What is your obsession with skin color? Must you play the race card in every post? This isn’t an issue of race or ethnicity. Children are being abandoned. And, it is beyond pathetic to attempt to compare the “temporary” absence of parents during wartime, or stationed abroad, to the “permanent” abandonment of these children. Boarding school? Talk about grasping at straws. I suppose the same applies when kids leave home to attend college?

Reminder: This thread is for the discussion of child abandonment, not monthly remittances, or our opinions of the billions of U.S. dollars leaving this country.

Old 07-30-2011, 04:52 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,160,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Except it's not inconsistent to believe they shouldn't break the laws in the first place and shouldn't leave their families in Mexico or where-ever behind but should stay there and work on building their local economies, working for reform AND raise their children. Others are doing that.
I couldn't help but read this crack, "dirty brown" people. Always the race card with these pro-illegals, isn't it? Personally, I couldn't care less what color of skin that an illegal has and I have never referred to them as "dirty" either. Of course when one comes here without health checks, who knows?

Old 07-30-2011, 05:43 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,015,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
With a US spouse? There's no reason for that illegal to be illegal if the couple followed the legal guidelines. Why wouldn't the citizen spouse have bothered to sponsor their spouse from the get-go?

If the illegal has deportation orders, still no reason to separate the family, the family isn't prohibited from going with the illegal. Love doesn't happen only in the USA. But also, if people choose to ignore the legal process, that's their problem...
Well, he is now here legally, with his family. Was the decision to let him back after a deportation wrong? I believe it is better for him to be here, rather than try to move his family to where he came from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or