Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 05:06 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Well, he is now here legally, with his family. Was the decision to let him back after a deportation wrong? I believe it is better for him to be here, rather than try to move his family to where he came from.
What was the decision based on? Did he work in this country with a fake or stolen I.D. and yet given a pass for that?

Old 07-30-2011, 05:17 PM

951 posts, read 745,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What is your obsession with skin color? Must you play the race card in every post? This isn’t an issue of race or ethnicity. Children are being abandoned. And, it is beyond pathetic to attempt to compare the “temporary” absence of parents during wartime, or stationed abroad, to the “permanent” abandonment of these children. Boarding school? Talk about grasping at straws. I suppose the same applies when kids leave home to attend college?

Reminder: This thread is for the discussion of child abandonment, not monthly remittances, or our opinions of the billions of U.S. dollars leaving this country.
If they are sending money back I don't really consider that abandonment. I call it finding a way to provide for their family.

And yeah I knew it would rile people up for me to even dare to compare their way of providing for their families to that of soldiers, etc.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:18 PM

951 posts, read 745,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I couldn't help but read this crack, "dirty brown" people. Always the race card with these pro-illegals, isn't it? Personally, I couldn't care less what color of skin that an illegal has and I have never referred to them as "dirty" either. Of course when one comes here without health checks, who knows?

Well, considering you are all crying about La Raza's over taking our white majority in other threads on the front page I'm pretty sure you are considering race in your motives. If you didn't care about race you wouldn't even care if that were their true motives. I mean, when you guys stereotype them all as "uneducated, poor, dishonest criminals" I don't understand your hangup. I'm just saving words by typing what you really mean.

Last edited by huddledmasses; 07-30-2011 at 05:54 PM..

Old 07-30-2011, 06:23 PM

321 posts, read 362,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Sounds like a good reason to make it harder for people to enter the US. Then the kids wouldn't be left behind since the crossing is so dangerous.
FYP

No more illegal aliens. They have drained this country enough

Old 07-30-2011, 09:06 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,544 times
Quote:
What was the decision based on? Did he work in this country with a fake or stolen I.D. and yet given a pass for that?
I don't know anything further on the couple's income (working without authorization is often the first forgiven in the cases with a U.S. citizen spouse) at the time, just that he completed the degree that was started on his student visa. "The Naturalized" is an interesting show, I wish more Americans could see it. Searches I've done today aren't pulling up more information.

Aren't you comfortable that he returned to his home country (through deportation), but was able to legally immigrate back?...

EDIT: Here is a way to order the DVD of "The Naturalized"...

It identifies Uzo as Nigerian, and his family living in Minnesota....

Last edited by IBMMuseum; 07-30-2011 at 09:15 PM..

Old 07-30-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
I don't know anything further on the couple's income (working without authorization is often the first forgiven in the cases with a U.S. citizen spouse) at the time, just that he completed the degree that was started on his student visa. "The Naturalized" is an interesting show, I wish more Americans could see it. Searches I've done today aren't pulling up more information.

Aren't you comfortable that he returned to his home country (through deportation), but was able to legally immigrate back?...
I would be comfortable with it if I knew that he hadn't committed a felony by working with a stolen or fake I.D. or evaded paying his income taxes. Does that answer your question?

Here is my dilema. I don't understand how a felony can be dismissed (not saying in this particular case that it was as I don't know all the facts) regardless of whether it is an illegal alien, legal immigrant or citizen that has committed it. I would imagine that a legal immigrant would be deported without being able to return and I know that a citizen would pay the consequences for committing a felony so why would an illegal alien be given a pass for the same crime?

It matters not to me what country the illegal originated from the rules should apply to all of them.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:37 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,845,544 times
Quote:
I would be comfortable with it if I knew that he hadn't committed a felony by working with a stolen or fake I.D. or evaded paying his income taxes. Does that answer your question?...
Living with a U.S. citizen spouse and family I am relatively sure they were paying income taxes...

Old 07-31-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Living with a U.S. citizen spouse and family I am relatively sure they were paying income taxes...
I also mentioned working with a fake and stolen I.D. Why didn't you address that part of it? If our government is forgiving illegal aliens with U.S. spouses for committing that felony then I am appalled at that. In all fairness then a legal immigrant and a citizen should also be forgiven for any felonies. Bet you will continue to remain silent on that part of my post though, won't you? Prove me wrong.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:20 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Can't obide by the law and leave children behind in the process? Even more reason to boot this trash from our country. We don't need more worthless people in the United States. We already have too many as it is.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:29 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Well, he is now here legally, with his family. Was the decision to let him back after a deportation wrong? I believe it is better for him to be here, rather than try to move his family to where he came from.
I don't know every detail, and I know there are loopholes in the laws that many with expired visas who knowingly stayed on, broke the laws, even took jobs illegally, are able to find especially with the right immigration lawyer.

I suppose that's like loopholes in other laws, some people manage to find them, such as those who find ways to avoid paying taxes, get themselves above the laws.

It seems like he could have gone back home before they made him and done it the right way from the start. In the end I suppose the outcome would be the same, he's got the green card marriage but it doesn't make me lose sleep that he got sent back home for a while. He's not better than legal immigrants who carefully followed the laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration