U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 03:19 PM

249 posts, read 291,730 times

Advertisements

i wish it was less here. there are so many that when you see a roof going up on a house all you see is a sea of Mexican's . I am ready to see American's put back to work. weather they are black, white, yellow or brown or any other color , i just want people that are American's weather by birth or citizenship get to work and pay there taxes and get this country back on top again. I live in alabama and i want to go back to work myself and i am praying i get to go back before the end of year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 04:07 PM

12,765 posts, read 12,744,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Mexico, where MOST illegal aliens come from, aint poor. Haiti IS poor. Mexico needs to pull its head outta its butt and help its campesinos, WE dont owe Mexico nothing.
Mexico is a 3rd World nation. It absolutely is a poor nation for most of its citizens. You really have no idea what you're talking about. I've lived there, have you? There is no comparison to Haiti, but then again it's one of the poorest nations in the entire world, so there's little to compare it to.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
I have retired uncles living in Ensenada, Baja California that have mentioned Mexican TV news reports that many folks are returning to Mexico and the rest of Latin America due to the job situation in the U.S. As soon as our gutless and sell out government enforces laws, illegals won't come in anymore.
You just said they were returning due to the economy... then claim it's about enforcing laws. If coming across the border to begin with wasn't a deterrant, why would more laws be so? This seems like a classic case where, "It's the economy, stupid!"

Old 08-05-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC2coolmom View Post
i wish it was less here. there are so many that when you see a roof going up on a house all you see is a sea of Mexican's . I am ready to see American's put back to work. weather they are black, white, yellow or brown or any other color , i just want people that are American's weather by birth or citizenship get to work and pay there taxes and get this country back on top again. I live in alabama and i want to go back to work myself and i am praying i get to go back before the end of year.
I'm curious, guys. In 1999-2000, employment was at one of it's lowest points ever nationwide (below 4%) and the economy was booming. If illegals are truly taking so many jobs, how was that possible? We had tons of illegals cross the border in the 1990s and early 2000s, so how was that accomplished if there just weren't enough jobs to go around? I'm baffled by this idea that Americans have lost more jobs due to illegals than to a very sh*tty economy in which companies across the board are not in the mood to keep or hire more employees. So I'd love for one of you to explain to me how low employment is possible at all given the illegal situation.

Last edited by jbcmh81; 08-05-2011 at 04:31 PM..

Old 08-05-2011, 04:43 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Mexico is a 3rd World nation. It absolutely is a poor nation for most of its citizens. You really have no idea what you're talking about. I've lived there, have you? There is no comparison to Haiti, but then again it's one of the poorest nations in the entire world, so there's little to compare it to.
Granted, jbcmh . . . Mexico is poor, however, considering their natural resources, there is absolutely NO justification for their poverty other than corrupt and greedy leaders who, by the way, are extremely rich and live like royalty.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:45 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
Americans can't take on the weight of the world and shouldn't have to no matter how awful it is that children from other Countries are dyeing. It's just not possible to help everyone. It doesn't mean people don't care about dyeing children no matter how much anyone wants to make it sound that way. No one is considering the fact that there are entirely too many children being born and not all of them can be taken care of or saved by the USA. When Illegal Immigrants come in the US it's does an injustice to those who do come in legally now consider the added injustice and insult of their having children and adding to the already quickly becoming over populated Country they enter illegally.
Don't we already donate billions to the starving children and families across the world? It makes more sense to help them in their own countries rather than to import them all here.

Last edited by chicagonut; 08-05-2011 at 05:02 PM..

Old 08-05-2011, 05:18 PM

1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It makes more sense to help them in their own countries rather than to import them all here.
Who's talking about importing people? It's not like I'm flying a plane over to Africa and loading it up with non-white people and bringing them here to destroy your white majority culture. We're talking about people bring themselves. This isn't just some semantical nitpick, there's something fundamentally wrong with how you're thinking about this issue.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:19 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Granted, jbcmh . . . Mexico is poor, however, considering their natural resources, there is absolutely NO justification for their poverty other than corrupt and greedy leaders who, by the way, are extremely rich and live like royalty.
Exactly! Many of the people of Mexico are poor because of their Spanish elite government that doesn't give a damn about them. It isn't about a lack of resources or that their government can't create jobs for them. Of course many of those that are poor won't put off childbearing at a young age and get an education instead so they are partly to blame for their own demise.

At any rate it isn't our responsibility to allow them to come here and take our citizen's jobs and benefits because of all of the above.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantthinkofaname View Post
Americans can't take on the weight of the world and shouldn't have to no matter how awful it is that children from other Countries are dyeing. It's just not possible to help everyone. It doesn't mean people don't care about dyeing children no matter how much anyone wants to make it sound that way. No one is considering the fact that there are entirely too many children being born and not all of them can be taken care of or saved by the USA. When Illegal Immigrants come in the US it's does an injustice to those who do come in legally now consider the added injustice and insult of their having children and adding to the already quickly becoming over populated Country they enter illegally.
We're not talking about saving the world. I'm giving you a scenario that matches up pretty much exactly to what we're talking about. Is it morally right to send children back to situations that will probably result in starvation, poverty, even death?

Old 08-05-2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
There is no excuse for poverty in America either, and yet we have it. And most of Mexico is actually middle class, but by our standards would be in poverty. And of course there is an element of extreme poverty that nothing in America can match.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or