U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 10:15 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I don't make the definitions of 3rd World. Mexico is considered such, so you can debate definitions with someone else. It is what it is no matter how much you disagree.
Not by any stretch of the imagination can you put Mexico in with the real third world nations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 10:18 AM

And apparently the Mexicans have now surpassed us: (darn them!!)

Top Countries For Vices (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/07/20/investopedia55543.DTL - broken link)

The U.S. (68%) is ranked second behind Mexico (70%) in the proportion of adults who are overweight. U.S. obesity rates have long been cause for concern, especially as the healthcare costs skyrocket.

Another source:

http://mexicoinstitute.wordpress.com...-s-in-spanish/

Mexico ranks first internationally in the number of overweight and obese adults, according to a study released by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, or OECD.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:43 AM

12,766 posts, read 12,748,545 times
So which is it... that illegals are just poor and needy and stealing your low-wage jobs or middle class, well-fed suburbanites? I'm confused on what you guys actually believe, and apparently you are as well. I think this confirms my own suspicion that it's less about illegal immigration than who these immigrants are.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
So which is it... that illegals are just poor and needy and stealing your low-wage jobs or middle class, well-fed suburbanites? I'm confused on what you guys actually believe, and apparently you are as well. I think this confirms my own suspicion that it's less about illegal immigration than who these immigrants are.
They are well off enough in their own country and could work to improve their own country but they are materialistic and want more, more, more. If they stay home, they get plenty to eat, they have a home, they have a family, they have nice beaches and of course nationalized health care. They have a democracy -- and jobs as their unemployment rates back home are much lower than ours.

They might not have a brand new X-box and all the $60 games, they might not have a new pick up truck, they of course would have to work for all they have, they would lose the food stamps, WIC, and Medicaid. They also have public schools, even very government subsidized universities back home. They have a way to join their own country's growing middle class.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:42 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
No confusion here. Mexico has an underclass and it's wealth is even more split than it is here. Why would Mexico spend more on it's social programs when we are the outlet for it's underclass.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
No confusion here. Mexico has an underclass and it's wealth is even more split than it is here. Why would Mexico spend more on it's social programs when we are the outlet for it's underclass.
Bingo!!

Old 08-06-2011, 01:40 PM

1,574 posts, read 789,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They are well off enough in their own country and could work to improve their own country but they are materialistic and want more, more, more.
But the people in the US who want to be protected from competition for "their" jobs are not greedy?

Old 08-06-2011, 02:10 PM

335 posts, read 281,033 times
Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure that American citizens wouldn't mind losing their jobs to illegal aliens, as long as those illegal aliens are from Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, Germany, or France.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:14 PM

951 posts, read 616,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
Yeah, I'm sure that American citizens wouldn't mind losing their jobs to illegal aliens, as long as those illegal aliens are from Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, Germany, or France.

The educated are losing jobs to these immigrants and aren't complaining. These people are mostly educated and come work middle class jobs. Meanwhile, back at the ranch chi-nut keeps slipping and making it known that you guys basically just hate certain foreigners, legal or illegal.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:34 PM

5,200 posts, read 4,108,387 times
Our main illegal aliens (Mexicans) and Europe's (Muslims), actually do have a like comparison.

Neither is assimilating well, in language, customs, they break more laws, and are more violent.
We should learn from the Europeans before it is too late.

We allow more LEGAL IMMIGRANTS than all of the rest of the world COMBINED. That's legal aliens, not the 20-40 Illegal Criminal Aliens here. We are the most compassionate country in the world, we deserve the right to allow who we want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or