U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-06-2011, 02:41 PM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
12,766 posts, read 12,748,545 times
Reputation: 5440

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
They are well off enough in their own country and could work to improve their own country but they are materialistic and want more, more, more. If they stay home, they get plenty to eat, they have a home, they have a family, they have nice beaches and of course nationalized health care. They have a democracy -- and jobs as their unemployment rates back home are much lower than ours.

They might not have a brand new X-box and all the $60 games, they might not have a new pick up truck, they of course would have to work for all they have, they would lose the food stamps, WIC, and Medicaid. They also have public schools, even very government subsidized universities back home. They have a way to join their own country's growing middle class.
Okay, you're being pretty ridiculous. So basically you are saying that illegals are such nasty, greedy people that, while they already are well off at home, they want to come here and take.... menial, low-pay jobs with no benefits... ? Are you even reading what you're writing? Even if Mexico is improving quite a bit economically, those that come here illegally are just by logic alone, not those of means. It does support, again, the reason why immigration is now slowing. If Mexico is now better off economically, it's better for them to just stay where they are and try their luck there. That would also destroy your premise of a greedy bunch of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-06-2011, 02:46 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
But the people in the US who want to be protected from competition for "their" jobs are not greedy?
Since Mexico has immigration laws and everyone from all over the world cannot go there to take jobs, are the Mexican people greedyd for having their own jobs protected?

In fact they seem to have a "what's ours is ours, what's yours is ours" attitude, wouldn't you say? They protect their own jobs but yet demand Americans enjoy nothing of the sort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2011, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
12,766 posts, read 12,748,545 times
Reputation: 5440
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
Yeah, I'm sure that American citizens wouldn't mind losing their jobs to illegal aliens, as long as those illegal aliens are from Canada, England, Ireland, Australia, Germany, or France.
And I'm sure all the complaints about "those people" affecting crime rates and property values would still surely occur with illegal Australians. Please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2011, 02:49 PM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
12,766 posts, read 12,748,545 times
Reputation: 5440
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Our main illegal aliens (Mexicans) and Europe's (Muslims), actually do have a like comparison.

Neither is assimilating well, in language, customs, they break more laws, and are more violent.
We should learn from the Europeans before it is too late.

We allow more LEGAL IMMIGRANTS than all of the rest of the world COMBINED. That's legal aliens, not the 20-40 Illegal Criminal Aliens here. We are the most compassionate country in the world, we deserve the right to allow who we want.
Prove it. Please provide crime rates for those respective groups in relation to typical American citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2011, 02:50 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Okay, you're being pretty ridiculous. So basically you are saying that illegals are such nasty, greedy people that, while they already are well off at home, they want to come here and take.... menial, low-pay jobs with no benefits... ? Are you even reading what you're writing? Even if Mexico is improving quite a bit economically, those that come here illegally are just by logic alone, not those of means. It does support, again, the reason why immigration is now slowing. If Mexico is now better off economically, it's better for them to just stay where they are and try their luck there. That would also destroy your premise of a greedy bunch of people.
I'm saying there is no reason for them to have babies they cannot feed here or at home, they can learn to use birth control or sexual restraint. They can learn to stay in school, complete their educations - which their own country offers them, they can delay the start of a family until they can actually afford their families. Their failure to behave responsibly should not give them unlimited rights to come here and demand we give them what they could not build for themselves back home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2011, 02:59 PM
 
Location: bold new city of the south
5,200 posts, read 4,108,387 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Since Mexico has immigration laws and everyone from all over the world cannot go there to take jobs, are the Mexican people greedy for having their own jobs protected? Good Question!

In fact they seem to have a "what's ours is ours, what's yours is ours" attitude, wouldn't you say? They protect their own jobs but yet demand Americans enjoy nothing of the sort.
Definitely seems one-sided, kinda like a bad marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
And I'm sure all the complaints about "those people" affecting crime rates and property values would still surely occur with illegal Australians. Please.
At least, they could read and speak the language.
And before ya'll get all racial on me the Aborigines also speak English (their brand anyway).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2011, 03:05 PM
 
Location: bold new city of the south
5,200 posts, read 4,108,387 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I'm saying there is no reason for them to have babies they cannot feed here or at home, they can learn to use birth control or sexual restraint. They can learn to stay in school, complete their educations - which their own country offers them, they can delay the start of a family until they can actually afford their families. Their failure to behave responsibly should not give them unlimited rights to come here and demand we give them what they could not build for themselves back home.
I wholeheartedly agree with this post. As a matter of fact, many people could learn about responsibility by reading, and adhering to this post!

If we, as individuals and as a society, adhered to these simple guidelines, no one would go into debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2011, 03:05 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Definitely seems one-sided, kinda like a bad marriage.



At least, they could read and speak the language.
And before ya'll get all racial on me the Aborigines also speak English (their brand anyway).
It is, and it's why none of the La Raza clowns demand an end to their own country's immigration laws. Why is it they never care about adding to the "diversity" of Mexico while having large numbers of English speakers moving there, they don't seem to care about having more blacks and whites to add to their racial diversity.

Mexico is never condemned for protecting the jobs of it's people, for limiting who can come there. La Raza is the biggest group of hypocrits out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2011, 03:10 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,793 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It is, and it's why none of the La Raza clowns demand an end to their own country's immigration laws. Why is it they never care about adding to the "diversity" of Mexico while having large numbers of English speakers moving there, they don't seem to care about having more blacks and whites to add to their racial diversity.

Mexico is never condemned for protecting the jobs of it's people, for limiting who can come there. La Raza is the biggest group of hypocrits out there.

Please explain how Mexico's immigration laws are so much better than ours. By explain, I mean actually recite some facts in your response, not tired rhetoric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2011, 07:07 PM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,238,051 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
But the people in the US who want to be protected from competition for "their" jobs are not greedy?
ILLEGAL aliens have NO right for jobs or any other thing in the USA that belong to Americans ONLY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top