U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2011, 11:39 PM

951 posts, read 616,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Well if you read it, tell us what the similarities are. Is it as easy for us to 'immigrate' to Mexico as they do to us?

What is so great about their immigration laws that you guys keep bringing them up? I'm asking you guys a question ffs, not trying to guess what your answers might be. Or don't you really know what your answer is even?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2011, 11:55 PM

5,200 posts, read 4,107,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
What is so great about their immigration laws that you guys keep bringing them up? I'm asking you guys a question ffs, not trying to guess what your answers might be. Or don't you really know what your answer is even?
Well if I knew, why would I ask you? You asked what the diff was, I tried to help you out. I don't care, I like where I live.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:14 AM

12,765 posts, read 12,744,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I'm saying there is no reason for them to have babies they cannot feed here or at home, they can learn to use birth control or sexual restraint. They can learn to stay in school, complete their educations - which their own country offers them, they can delay the start of a family until they can actually afford their families. Their failure to behave responsibly should not give them unlimited rights to come here and demand we give them what they could not build for themselves back home.
If only human beings always reacted responsibly, logically, rationally... yeah, if only. I don't see you as being any different. You may make different mistakes, but you still make them. I'm not going to hate you for yours, either.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:20 AM

12,765 posts, read 12,744,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
The complaints will certainly still occur if illegal alien Australians were the cause of increasing crime rates and lower property values. Why wouldn't people complain? I don't condone crimes committed by White people any more than I condone crimes committed by non-White people.
No one can even prove that Hispanic illegals cause these things, so why should I believe that they would complain about Australians?

Old 08-07-2011, 12:32 AM

1,150 posts, read 990,803 times
<<many of these immigrants believe in hard work, many times in jobs that Americans flatly refuse to do for various reasons (most glaringly agriculture).>>

According to government reports, approximately 2% of illegal aliens work in agriculture.

This big influx of illegal aliens began about 25 years ago. This country has over 200 years of history before that. Who do you think picked the crops, and did the work, all while making this into a country which others risk their lives to get to? It's not that Americans won't do those jobs, it's that employers prefer illegal aliens, which means they don't have to pay even the minimum wage, and don't have to provide any benefits, since the illegal alien is in no position to complain.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:54 AM

1,150 posts, read 990,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I'm curious, guys. In 1999-2000, employment was at one of it's lowest points ever nationwide (below 4%) and the economy was booming. If illegals are truly taking so many jobs, how was that possible? We had tons of illegals cross the border in the 1990s and early 2000s, so how was that accomplished if there just weren't enough jobs to go around? I'm baffled by this idea that Americans have lost more jobs due to illegals than to a very sh*tty economy in which companies across the board are not in the mood to keep or hire more employees. So I'd love for one of you to explain to me how low employment is possible at all given the illegal situation.

Many manufacturing, and high tech jobs, were outsourced between the 1990s and early 2000s. The remaining jobs are those which can't be outsourced, mainly construction, and service jobs, and these are the jobs illegal aliens are doing. Prior to the 1990s there were more jobs to go around. With plenty of jobs you can have low unemployment even with illegal aliens, with no jobs, you get high unemployment made worse by millions of illegal aliens.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:33 AM

1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
Every illegal alien who has worked in the United States has committed one or more of the following crimes: ID Theft, Document Fraud, Social Security Fraud, Employment (I-9 Form) Fraud, Conspiracy to Violate Immigration Laws, and Income Tax Evasion.
Every US citizen has committed a crime as well.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:34 AM

1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Well if you read it, tell us what the similarities are. Is it as easy for us to 'immigrate' to Mexico as they do to us?
1) Do you WANT to immigrate there?

2) Are you suggesting the US should be more like Mexico (even though you can't even actually explain the aspects of Mexico you're talking about)?

Old 08-07-2011, 09:49 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Every US citizen has committed a crime as well.
So? Everyone who has, has faced the possibility of some consequence for breaking a law.

Drive 40 in a 30 mph zone and don't cry over your ticket. Fail to pay your income tax and don't cry over the fines and fees. Park in handicapped parking spot and see your car towed away, but don't boohoo endlessly over it. Or embezzle from your workplace and find yourself in jail -- too freaking bad.

Same goes for illegals, stop bellyaching over being deported.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:54 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I'm asking for direct proof of a claim made. How is proof irrelevant when it seems to be a central theme of the entire anti-immigrant debate? And I'll just assume then that there is, yet again, no actual proof for any of these claims and it's all just bs.

I've run a stop sign, speeded, not always used my seat belt. I've probably even committed petty theft and vandalism as a young kid. Should I be deported now?
If you are a deportable alien then of course yes. Otherwise the penalty for those crimes are tickets, jail and probation for the latter.

I agree -- we have enough American law-breakers, we don't need to import foreign law-breakers. The point is, deportation is perfectly justified for the crime of illegal entry and visa violations. Just like a traffic ticket is appropriate for speeding, and prison time is appropriate for murder and rape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or