U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 03:50 PM

12,785 posts, read 12,751,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I guess construction is now a menial low paying job according to the pro-illegals? Well it didn't used to be before the arrival of cheap, illegal labor. That also goes for many once decent paying blue collared jobs. Not everyone is cut out for a white-collared job in this country. Many Americans choose to do physical jobs and there is nothing wrong with that. Our blue collared American workforce as always been the backbone of our country. Why should they have to compete with illegals for these types of jobs today?
I just find it fascinating that people think they deserve employment simply for existing. Sorry, but anyone who seriously wants a job is going to find it. What's sad here is that apparently, according to your own argument, illegals are willing to work harder and for lower wages than Americans are. I think that speaks more about Americans than it does illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Haha... You have got to be kidding me. Where do you live?

I know plenty of Americans who speak other languages and pretty darn well too.

My mother is fluent in Portuguese. She has never studied it either. She learned it by just by being around Portuguese speakers. She is not even Portuguese nor Brazilian and has never been outside of the US / Canada.
The number of Americans that speak 2 or more languages is lower than a significant number of other developed nations, particularly Europe. Your anecdotal doesn't speak to the larger picture.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
This. I speak several languages myself.
Neither does yours.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:03 PM

4,827 posts, read 4,648,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I just find it fascinating that people think they deserve employment simply for existing. Sorry, but anyone who seriously wants a job is going to find it. What's sad here is that apparently, according to your own argument, illegals are willing to work harder and for lower wages than Americans are. I think that speaks more about Americans than it does illegals.
Because the money they can make here is twice, or triple the amount they make back home and they don't care. Also they are not qualified for most high paying jobs because more often than not they are not educated.

But they are starting to get more and more picky. Remember the illegal alien who was a cop in a Alaska? Is that another job Americans are too "good" to do?

I have worked for $5.25 an hour and I was not ashamed one bit. I don't think Americans should work for anything lower than minimum wage (minus waitressing). There are labor laws for a reason.

And keep telling yourself they work harder than Americans...if they did, I am sure their countries wouldn't be such sh*t holes.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:47 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Quote:
Because the money they can make here is twice, or triple the amount they make back home and they don't care. Also they are not qualified for most high paying jobs because more often than not they are not educated.

But they are starting to get more and more picky. Remember the illegal alien who was a cop in a Alaska? Is that another job Americans are too "good" to do?

I have worked for $5.25 an hour and I was not ashamed one bit. I don't think Americans should work for anything lower than minimum wage (minus waitressing). There are labor laws for a reason.

And keep telling yourself they work harder than Americans...if they did, I am sure their countries wouldn't be such sh*t holes.
I really had to laugh at this remark, "why should anyone deserve a job just for existing"? Uh, it is about having a right to a job in your own country above illegal foreigners. It isn't about being entitled to a job just for breathing and existing. The more desperate and ridiculous remarks I hear from the pro-illegals the more fervant I am about fighting for my country and my fellow countrymen and seeing that every illegal alien in this country is kicked out of here. I just wish there was a way to kick their aiders, abettors and advocaters out of here also. Any American who won't stand up for their own country and its citizen's welfare doesn't deserve to be here, IMO. Thank God these traitors are a minority in our country.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:

I was going to address your post until your final few sentences. Mexico is not a sh*thole. It is a nation of rich history and culture, fantastic food and lovely, kind people. Much like America. You should probably get out of your comfort zone a bit more before you ever badmouth something you don't understand.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:02 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,012,769 times
Quote:
I was going to address your post until your final few sentences. Mexico is not a sh*thole. It is a nation of rich history and culture, fantastic food and lovely, kind people. Much like America. You should probably get out of your comfort zone a bit more before you ever badmouth something you don't understand.
Thank You. I love every moment when I visit there, and never have had any trouble. It is a true representation of Capitalism, where you typically pay money to enter, to travel to the interior, and to leave. Every possible job is taken, cleaning graves and darkening letters on the headstones if you visit a relative that has passed on, or the old guys that guide cars out of parking spots.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:08 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,238,350 times
Quote:
So wait, you refuse to go to school in order to improve your chances and options for employment, but it's the fault of illegals that you don't have enough job prospects and you can only fight for menial, low-paying jobs that offer no benefits? Talk about a sense of entitlement.
What? AGAIN, not all Americans have the smarts to go to college but aint stupid enough to deal drugs, etc. cause they have honor.

My point being why should Americans hav to fight ILEGAL aliens for jobs in the USA. If thats entitlement, oh well.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:10 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
What? AGAIN, not all Americans have the smarts to go to college but aint stupid enough to deal drugs, etc. cause they have honor.

My point being why should Americans hav to fight ILEGAL aliens for jobs in the USA. If thats entitlement, oh well.
Not wanting to make them legal so you don't have to compete with them is in fact reminiscent of entitlement.

Old 08-05-2011, 06:11 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,238,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
Are you condemning a poor person just because they were born on the wrong side of an imaginary line?
Not my probleme. Many AMERICANS are havin problems but were born here in the USA. Its high time for the campesinos IN Mexico to step up instead of running across the border to the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration