U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 07:10 PM

951 posts, read 617,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think we can all be impressed when the open borders people will demand TWO-way open borders and demand a little more diversity in their own countries. If they really believe in bilingual nations, then they have some other nations to the south they can get to work on, have them provide all government services in English. And let's hear them demand that any American (white, black, and other) be allowed to enter Mexico or any Latin American country and have the right to vote, attend schools, seek free health care and that no immigration laws should apply to Americans. Americans should have the right to buy up lands, including coastal and border lands.

Let freedom ring.
Yeah this makes it obvious that you didn't read the new immigration policies of Mexico. Except for voting everyone of those are rights they guarantee, regardless of immigration status. Oops. I even translated them for the non-Spanish speakers, chi-nut will put you on ignore for continuing with that Spanish jibber jabber.

Gov't Services in English

Quote:
Article 14. When the migrants, regardless of their immigration status, does not speak or understand the Spanish language, you automatically appoint a translator or interpreter who has knowledge of their language, facilitate communication. Once the migrant is deaf and can read and write, they will ask in writing or through a interpreter. Otherwise, be appointed as an interpreter to a person who can understand it.
Schools

Quote:
Article 8. Migrants will have access to educational services provided by public and private, regardless of their immigration status and in accordance with the laws and applicable regulations.
Healthcare

Quote:
Migrants are entitled to receive any medical care provided by the sectors public and private, regardless of their immigration status, according to the laws and applicable regulations. Migrants regardless of their immigration status, are entitled to receive so free and unrestricted, any kind of care that is urgently needed to preserve his life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 07:15 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,752,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
Yeah this makes it obvious that you didn't read the new immigration policies of Mexico. Except for voting everyone of those are rights they guarantee, regardless of immigration status. Oops.
You missed the part where they described the different kind of visas -- and obviously the "rechazo". What do you think they mean by rechazo????

Old 08-07-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
You missed the part where they described the different kind of visas -- and obviously the "rechazo". What do you think they mean by rechazo????
Since you missed it:

Quote:
Article 14. When the migrants, regardless of their immigration status, does not speak or understand the Spanish language, you automatically appoint a translator or interpreter who has knowledge of their language, facilitate communication. Once the migrant is deaf and can read and write, they will ask in writing or through a interpreter. Otherwise, be appointed as an interpreter to a person who can understand it.
Schools

Quote:
Article 8. Migrants will have access to educational services provided by public and private, regardless of their immigration status and in accordance with the laws and applicable regulations.
Healthcare

Quote:
Migrants are entitled to receive any medical care provided by the sectors public and private, regardless of their immigration status, according to the laws and applicable regulations. Migrants regardless of their immigration status, are entitled to receive so free and unrestricted, any kind of care that is urgently needed to preserve his life.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Since you missed it:

Schools

Healthcare
Really -- you can test this yourself. Go on over the border, go to a hospital and demand your free healthcare. See what happens. (That is if you are an American citizen).

No, Mexico is not giving free health care to all Americans who go over there illegally. Or wouldn't you think that would be general knowledge to everyone?

And check the page again for the word "rechazo" and get back with us exactly what you think they mean by that.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:27 PM

I seriously can guaratee you that Mexico did not do away with all it's immigration laws. No matter what the La Raza propaganda groups are trying to tell you. No one can simply waltz on into Mexico and take whatever job they feel like taking.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:28 PM

What, are you using Benicar's technique now?

"I don't believe the information that points out I was completely wrong even though I've been using the same gov't page as a source until just then!!!"

lulz

Old 08-07-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
What, are you using Benicar's technique now?

"I don't believe the information that points out I was completely wrong even though I've been using the same gov't page as a source until just then!!!"

lulz
I'm not wrong at all. Mexico did not eliminate it's immigration laws. Not even close. You are wrong. You believed some propaganda piece that told you that Mexico wiped out all it's laws on immigration, that it no longer requires work visas or passports.

You're not reading the same Mexican government page as I am because you clearly didn't read a page that has "rechazo" in it a number of times. Or if so, you don't know what the word means. Maybe you think it means "they can stay however long they like?"

Old 08-07-2011, 07:45 PM

Quote:
I'm not wrong at all. Mexico did not eliminate it's immigration laws. Not even close. You are wrong. You believed some propaganda piece that told you that Mexico wiped out all it's laws on immigration, that it no longer requires work visas or passports.

You're not reading the same Mexican government page as I am because you clearly didn't read a page that has "rechazo" in it a number of times. Or if so, you don't know what the word means. Maybe you think it means "they can stay however long they like?"

Ummmm......quote where I said they eliminated their immigration laws. I've never said that.

I am reading from the same page.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:05 AM

187 posts, read 151,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I donít know any immigrants from Spain (Spanish-Americans) who even consider themselves the same ethnic group as Hispanics. Call one Hispanic, and see what happens.

One thing my fellow spaniards are proud of, is the spread of spanish culture, all over the world, but mostly in the americas, hispanics of all the spanish colonies converge peacefully in spain, there have been issues with specific individuals from abroad that cause problems as you would expect, but xenophobia as you imply, is just not true. Spain is a magnet for people from all over the world that seek a really nice place to live and enjoy life, while devoid of the racial tensions and violence of places like the usa...

Old 08-09-2011, 11:48 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,015,365 times
Quote:
I'm not wrong at all. Mexico did not eliminate it's immigration laws. Not even close. You are wrong. You believed some propaganda piece that told you that Mexico wiped out all it's laws on immigration, that it no longer requires work visas or passports...
Mexico does not require a foreigner to travel with a passport, I've done it without one (but a passport will get you a longer issue of an FMT, and you will need one for the PoE now to get back into the United States). The 7-day FMTs are even cost-free. And that is only required for travel to the interior of Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration