U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 06:40 AM

4,835 posts, read 4,807,804 times

Advertisements

Read this article... See who wrote it and see who he is writing about...
Has Marco Rubio sold out? - The Washington Post

You are a traitor if you are Hispanic and don't support illegals...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 07:06 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,278,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
Yeah, I got it, undocumented (illegals, or whatever you want to call them) people are to blame for all the calamities of our beloved country,
but my post is about how radicals have made the issue an anti-hispanic one, and beleive me, it resonates loudly among hispanics, remember there are two huge spanish speaking TV networks in the usa, and they make spanish speaking people aware of all this non-sense, and again with our huge political power, that spells trouble for the right wing.....
miss yauco: ILLEGAL aliens dont spell trouble for the right wing. Illegal aliens DO spell trouble for Hispanic Americans.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
That would be a personal choice...
Expect to pay the price of being messed with by La Migra. I aint happy cause Im a Chicano.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Read this article... See who wrote it and see who he is writing about...
Has Marco Rubio sold out? - The Washington Post

You are a traitor if you are Hispanic and don't support illegals...
Ruben Navarette wrote the story. Hes unAmerican in my eyes.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:42 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,500,446 times
What an amazing stretch from pointing out the negatives of illegal immigration to our country to it being responsible for ALL of our country's woes. The pro-illegal side just cannot debate with honesty. They make up things that were never said and spin everything by exaggerating or outright lying.

Simply amazing also that their fellow Hispanics are considered to be sell outs if they object to their ethnic kind being here illegally and aren't on the amnesty train.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:59 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,342,927 times
Quote:
Are you making a point for demonizing hispanics???
The illegal Hispanics make it bad for the legals. Since they are the largest number of illegals by category.

Its not fair to them, but if there was a voice for the Legal Hispanic community to stand up for our country & law there would not be a negative vibe toward them.

Instead we have a hispanic senator pushing for a full force invasion,
Sanctuary cities, non assimilation etc..

Old 08-01-2011, 08:19 AM

15,300 posts, read 7,819,224 times
Quote:
Yeah, I got it, undocumented (illegals, or whatever you want to call them) people are to blame for all the calamities of our beloved country,
but my post is about how radicals have made the issue an anti-hispanic one, and beleive me, it resonates loudly among hispanics, remember there are two huge spanish speaking TV networks in the usa, and they make spanish speaking people aware of all this non-sense, and again with our huge political power, that spells trouble for the right wing.....
Most of the radicals you speak of are pro-illegal immigration. They are the ones on those news channels giving their opinion of the issue to the Spanish speaking population in America. It is up to you whether or not you believe them. One shouldn't believe everything any news channel tells them just because. I am black and don't believe of everything or image (especially) on BET or even TVOne or any other ethnic based channel, this includes radio channels.

You should step back and take a look at the situation from a non ethnic standpoint and even think about it in terms of the country of origin for these illegal immigrants. What country would allow someone to come there and work, pay minimal taxes, pay for the birth of their children, provide subsidies to feed those children from birth through graduation, and give them grants and loans to go to college. Then do a poll to see if a majority of people in that country is okay giving non-citizens all of these benefits and entitlements just because.

I don't deny that there is a bad perception of hispanics by some due to the abuse of the system that illegal hispanics. I personally do not have a negative view just because of ethnicity but I do have a negative view of those who do not learn English or who get WIC and medicaid and food stamps and welfare and are not American citizens and cannot even converse with interviewers while attempting to get benefits from these programs without an interpreter. I don't like that we (as tax payers) have to pay for these interpreters and really if you are a legal hispanic american I would think you would have a problem with it too. For me it is the same as me having a problem with black people who get daycare assistance when they don't even work or go to school or who get food stamps and try to sell them to me or who work and make decent money and could afford to pay for medical benefits for their children and instead chose to be on CHIP and Medicaid because they don't want to pay extra (I actually know more white people who do the last one in this list and I have a negative view of them as well).

But really you should get over yourself. Everyone is not racists against all hispanics because of illegal hispanics. People just don't like the illegal ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
The illegal Hispanics make it bad for the legals. Since they are the largest number of illegals by category.

Its not fair to them, but if there was a voice for the Legal Hispanic community to stand up for our country & law there would not be a negative vibe toward them.

Instead we have a hispanic senator pushing for a full force invasion,
Sanctuary cities, non assimilation etc..
Wanted to totally agree with the above as well, especially the bolded area.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:41 AM

5,302 posts, read 4,150,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Ruben Navarette wrote the story. Hes unAmerican in my eyes.
I saw Ruben on Facebook, and "friended" him after a couple articles...

He consistently hits center-of-target IMO, and it is funny as all getout to see the responses he receives (he puts it up as "Reader Mail", which then receives comments from both him and his friends)...

If he's "unAmerican", shouldn't he be censored?

Keep in mind that he is a journalist...

Old 08-01-2011, 09:55 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,467,245 times
I agree with the OP. The racial tone does hurt this issue. People should be free to point out that eighty percent of all illegals are hispanic and that many hispanic pols are completely obsessed with figuring out ways to manipulate America's immigration laws to benefit their raza at the expense of many of their fellow Americans. We should be able to do so without constantly being accused of racism at every turn. It hurts all of us when hispanic pols do everything they can to encourage illegal immigration from Latin American countries rather than encourage Latin American governments to create vibrant societies of their own.

Open and honest dialogue would be a great thing.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:06 AM

187 posts, read 156,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
I agree with the OP. The racial tone does hurt this issue. People should be free to point out that eighty percent of all illegals are hispanic and that many hispanic pols are completely obsessed with figuring out ways to manipulate America's immigration laws to benefit their raza at the expense of many of their fellow Americans. We should be able to do so without constantly being accused of racism at every turn. It hurts all of us when hispanic pols do everything they can to encourage illegal immigration from Latin American countries rather than encourage Latin American governments to create vibrant societies of their own.

Open and honest dialogue would be a great thing.
The word "spin" comes to my mind, this is precisely my point, many people, usually radicals, will continue looking for any excuse in order to justify the entanglement of illegals with spanish-american culture, so be it.
Spanish americans in order to defend themselves will continue swaying elections against radicals, in 2012 there will be over 28 million potential spanish-american voters, and the word in our community is "go out and vote"......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration