U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 07:16 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,961,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
you are right, less than 0.1% of the population, just like in usa and canada......
Most Hispanic people ARE Indian or at least part Indian you may be right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 07:54 AM

187 posts, read 156,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Not quite mexico is mostly indian, however puerto rico in mostly spaniard white and some african, cuba spaniard-african 50-50%, argentina/chile white/indian 85-15%, vanezuela similar to puerto rico, colombia also similar but more indian, etc....

Old 02-16-2012, 07:57 AM

10,588 posts, read 10,733,362 times
Let all the good people in - just don't let the ones in that get here and hate the locals - for no reason...that would be impossible but ideal - Nothing bothers me more than an immigrant with hate in their eyes...as if I the supposed privledged was the enemy - with this type of immigrant it is more of an agressive invasion that an immigration and assumulation.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:57 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,502,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Here's the facts. Mexicans are 60% Mestizo (combination of native indian and Spaniard mostly).

Old 02-16-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Let all the good people in - just don't let the ones in that get here and hate the locals - for no reason...that would be impossible but ideal - Nothing bothers me more than an immigrant with hate in their eyes...as if I the supposed privledged was the enemy - with this type of immigrant it is more of an agressive invasion that an immigration and assumulation.
Sorry, but we can't allow in everyone who is good. We don't have the jobs and resources to care for the entire's world's "good" people. We would be committing national suicide if we did so. Other than that, I agree we don't need "immigrants" who have a grudge against and have no respect for our culture and language.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:51 AM

3,904 posts, read 6,182,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
If you think this country sucks so much why are you still here? Who in their right mind voluntarily wants to be part of place they believe is so terrible?

Immigration to America SHOULD be hard. Why should we make it easy for people to come here in the middle of a huge recession unless they can prove their value to our society? We don't owe foreigners anything. If they want to come here, let them prove their fitness. Let them aquire a skill, demonstrate fluency in English and prove they habor no diseases we have to treat or pay for. Americans are under no moral or legal obligations to provide anything for foreign nationals, let alone learn their language because they are too lazy to learn English or money from our scant tax dollars so they can make their economic dreams come true.

I am sorry you seem to feel otherwise. Why don't you back up your own thoughts by donating most of YOUR money to foreign nationals and spending YOUR free time learning half a dozen other languages?

More than half of Americans voted for a black guy to hold the highest office in the land. If we're so racist, why did we do that? And if you believe we're so racist then you should go home where presumably you don't have to face us nasty racists all the time.

So true. All of this.

Why is always ohmygod those lousy rotten Americans have the nerve not to learn fluent Spanish! You never hear any condemnation by the pro-illegal side for those illegals who live here for decades and never learn English. Then all of sudden we get to hear how hard it is to learn a foreign language.

Hypocrites.
The ironic thing is that at least 55% of the words in the English language come from Latin! Spanish speaking people have the vocabulary to learn they just don't want to apply themselves. I mean if dirt poor people in Afghanistan can learn English and I think anyone can.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:05 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,467,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
The ironic thing is that at least 55% of the words in the English language come from Latin! Spanish speaking people have the vocabulary to learn they just don't want to apply themselves. I mean if dirt poor people in Afghanistan can learn English and I think anyone can.
The South Koreans are literally begging for permission to take the English as a foreign language test so they can demonstrate fluency in English even if they never travel to an English speaking nation.

High demand causes 'Toefl crisis' in South Korea - The New York Times

Quote:
But in recent years, Toefl scores have also become a necessity even for South Koreans with no intention of leaving the country. Many people, from teenagers applying to selective secondary schools to adults applying for jobs - even jobs with no obvious need for fluency in English - must submit Toefl scores. Dozens of universities require Toefl for graduation. Governmental offices and quasi-governmental agencies - city councils, jails, the Korea Racing Association - ask applicants for scores.
If Koreans can master English when English bears almost no resemblance to Korean . . . why can't Latinos (who constitute about 80% of all illegals) do the same? Mexico's government constantly literally DEMANDS that Americans accept their citizens. Why can't they at least be bothered to prepare them properly for American society? Why aren't English lessons and a demonstration of English fluency mandated in all Mexican and Guatemalan schools? That would surely go at least some way towards defusing American frustration and contempt.

The last thing any immigrant -- legal or illegal -- should whine about is that Americans aren't fluent in their language. That's just the height of sheer ludicrous arrogance.

That's not immigrating. That's invading. I have no respect for anyone who does that.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:11 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,856,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm gonna go with a previous poster. If you the Hispanic community wants to be seen as good as any other community here, then maybe they should stop supporting illegal aliens and politicians like Villaraigosa, Velásquez, and Gutiérrez??

Good one, and extremely valid points. So much truth to what you just stated.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
The South Koreans are literally begging for permission to take the English as a foreign language test so they can demonstrate fluency in English even if they never travel to an English speaking nation.

High demand causes 'Toefl crisis' in South Korea - The New York Times

If Koreans can master English when English bears almost no resemblance to Korean . . . why can't Latinos (who constitute about 80% of all illegals) do the same? Mexico's government constantly literally DEMANDS that Americans accept their citizens. Why can't they at least be bothered to prepare them properly for American society? Why aren't English lessons and a demonstration of English fluency mandated in all Mexican and Guatemalan schools? That would surely go at least some way towards defusing American frustration and contempt.

The last thing any immigrant -- legal or illegal -- should whine about is that Americans aren't fluent in their language. That's just the height of sheer ludicrous arrogance.

That's not immigrating. That's invading. I have no respect for anyone who does that.
What is equally irritating is when they only learn English out of necessity but refuse to speak it unless they absolutely have to.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:08 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,808,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
As the illegal immigration debate heats up, an anti-hispanic tone has been strongly associated to it. Instead of keeping the argument about legal immigration many radicals curse the use of spanish, or spanish culture per se, as if illegal immigration and spanish culture are the same thing, the direct effect has been that the hispanic population has united more than ever before, in a common front against discrimination, and with hispanic-americans numbering over 50 million, the implicit is obvious, hispanic americans have the power to sway elections one way or the other, and since the gop has been so loud, they will pay the political price, with the added insult that hispanic-americans are the fastest growing ethnicity, and this change will have short and long term consequences....
Not concerned about your hurt feelings in the slightest. If anything, it makes me happy. The big question then becomes, can we hurt the feelings of illegal immigrants enough to make them self-deport? God, I hope so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration