U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-17-2012, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Let's go back to your original statement, shall we?

"Sounds like you really dislike Hispanics. I thought the issue wasn't about ethnicity, guess i was wrong".

The poster you were addressing was referring to the illegal kind not Hispanics in general but you chose to turn it into a dislike for all Hispanics. It is called race baiting.
Let's go back to the original quote, shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
...The difference between the Hispanics, and other ethnic groups is others aren't demanding special economic priveleges for attending college, others aren't on welfare in the numbers Hispanics are, or taking jobs from citizens, and legal residents. Others don't march in the street trashing the American flag the way Hispanics do, and when is the last time you were prompted to press 1 for Chinese, German, French, Japanes, or Russian when making a phone call?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-17-2012, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Cali
3,885 posts, read 5,993,830 times
Reputation: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
If Mexico had its act together we wouldn't have a problem.

Mexico will never get its act together unless a some like Juan Peron comes along and cleans house there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2012, 10:18 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Let's go back to the original quote, shall we?
Yes, let's do that. Just because he didn't put the word illegal in front of the word Hispanics, I think anyone with half a brain knows that is who he was referring to. Besides, what is wrong with mentioning facts without being accused of some "irrational" dislike of the whole group? Why not address those facts that were mentioned instead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2012, 10:42 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yes, let's do that. Just because he didn't put the word illegal in front of the word Hispanics, I think anyone with half a brain knows that is who he was referring to. Besides, what is wrong with mentioning facts without being accused of some "irrational" dislike of the whole group? Why not address those facts that were mentioned instead?
The number of Hispanics on welfare?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-17-2012, 11:03 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Mexico will never get its act together unless a some like Juan Peron comes along and cleans house there.
You may be right. I just hope Mexico does NOT have another civil war first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2012, 07:06 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The number of Hispanics on welfare?...
I could be mistaken, but I do believe the majority of Hispanics on welfare are living in this country illegally. I know lots of Hispanics, and none are on welfare. In fact, most are professionals, and give birth to the number of children they can afford to support. On the other hand, Hispanic illegal aliens, by and large, are uneducated, low wage-earners, who irresponsibly give birth and expect taxpayers to support them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2012, 07:10 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The number of Hispanics on welfare?...
Yes, a link was posted in here awhile back to confirm that. Many of these Hispanics are here illegally and are collecting welfare through their anchor babies and that is just a fact.

Why do you get all bent out of shape when those facts are mentioned about Hispanics (especially the illegal kind) and yet you say nothing when someone in here recently went on the attack of white people and not based on fact? Do you at least report them to the moderators? I doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2012, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
12,765 posts, read 12,741,891 times
Reputation: 5440
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
As the illegal immigration debate heats up, an anti-hispanic tone has been strongly associated to it. Instead of keeping the argument about legal immigration many radicals curse the use of spanish, or spanish culture per se, as if illegal immigration and spanish culture are the same thing, the direct effect has been that the hispanic population has united more than ever before, in a common front against discrimination, and with hispanic-americans numbering over 50 million, the implicit is obvious, hispanic americans have the power to sway elections one way or the other, and since the gop has been so loud, they will pay the political price, with the added insult that hispanic-americans are the fastest growing ethnicity, and this change will have short and long term consequences....
If you read many of the posts here, it's not that hard to see the connection between the anti-immigrant movement and barely concealed racism.

Immigration needs a LOT of reform, but most of the reasoning behind it is less than disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2012, 10:02 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
If you read many of the posts here, it's not that hard to see the connection between the anti-immigrant movement and barely concealed racism.

Immigration needs a LOT of reform, but most of the reasoning behind it is less than disgusting.
You're right: I don't want illegal aliens here. Mexico is more racist against Guatemalans since they treat the illegal ones real bad, much WORSE than how we treat illegal Mexicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-18-2012, 11:15 AM
 
Location: USA
18,536 posts, read 13,674,466 times
Reputation: 12125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You're right: I don't want illegal aliens here. Mexico is more racist against Guatemalans since they treat the illegal ones real bad, much WORSE than how we treat illegal Mexicans.
Quite true,
If we had the same immigration policy as Mexico we would not have the Illegal Alien problem we have today. Mexico thinks they can bad mouth the US when their policy is far more Anti Illegal then anything we could ever have: "Pot meet Kettle"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top