Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 06:26 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,491,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
Uhmmm, I see, a lot to do with proportions ain't it. We keep going back to spinning the issues, I think it is all a cause and effect situation, as the
spanish-americans get non-sense from the radical right, the spanish-americans retaliate by using their powerful weapon, the vote.....
Spanish Americans? MOST ILLEGAL aliens aint Spanish. A friend of mine, Mexican from Mexico went to Spain and hated it there. She said Spaniards think Mexicans are dirt.

Yeah I know; call a campensino a Spaniard, its cool. Call a Spaniard Mexican and thats a fight gettin ready to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 06:47 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Spanish Americans? MOST ILLEGAL aliens aint Spanish. A friend of mine, Mexican from Mexico went to Spain and hated it there. She said Spaniards think Mexicans are dirt.

Yeah I know; call a campensino a Spaniard, its cool. Call a Spaniard Mexican and thats a fight gettin ready to happen.
Mexicans aren't Spanish Americans. Many have Spanish bloodlines but this is about nationality not bloodlines. I do know of some families in New Mexico who have no ties to the country of Mexico but their ancestors hailed from Spain. They could be called Spanish Americans but not Mexicans. I don't like the use of hypenated American terms anyway. Either you're American or you are not.

Last edited by chicagonut; 08-01-2011 at 06:56 PM..

Old 08-01-2011, 06:51 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
I mean, wtf, this is basically the definition of racial bias. And I get yelled at for "playing the race card" while people are openly admitting that they stereotype entire races based on the actions of a select few. I guess a bunch of crybabies will report this post and I'll get additional infraction points.
whats a select few? 8 million in my book is not a select few. Add to this the hispanic illegals dont go to china town to live. You don't have 1000's of asians marching in protests for the dream act or amnesty. If the hispanic community doesn't like the reputation of being illegal supporters perhaps they should stop supporting illegals and facilitating them.
How do you say I don't like being stereo typed as an illegal and yet support illegals?

Old 08-01-2011, 07:38 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,211,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
How do you say I don't like being stereo typed as an illegal and yet support illegals?
...how is this at all logically inconsistent?

Old 08-01-2011, 09:47 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,825 times
Quote:
The word "spin" comes to my mind, this is precisely my point, many people, usually radicals, will continue looking for any excuse in order to justify the entanglement of illegals with spanish-american culture, so be it.
Spanish americans in order to defend themselves will continue swaying elections against radicals, in 2012 there will be over 28 million potential spanish-american voters, and the word in our community is "go out and vote"......
This is entirely the fault of illegal alien supporters. They're the ones who refuse to distinguish between legal, and illegal. If someone says they're against illegal immigration, supporters of illegal immigration will report the person is against immigration period, but fail to mention 'illegal.'

By 'Spanish American' I assume you mean Hispanic. Why can't they be just Americans? As Americans, they should be acting in the best interests of this country, since it's their country too, and supporting millions of illegal aliens isn't the way to do that.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:29 PM

335 posts, read 328,892 times
Quote:
hispanic americans have the power to sway elections one way or the other....
Non-Hispanic-Americans also have the power to sway elections one way or the other.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:07 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
...how is this at all logically inconsistent?
I am white and live in the country. I dont like to be stereotyped as a redneck.
I also dont have 4 junk cars parked in my yard 8 dogs tied to trees and beer cans littering my yard.
Now if I had the above then i would deserve to be stereotyped for acting and living like a redneck.
If I am hispanic and I don't like being stereo typed as an illegal then I wouldnt be putting up with illegals, wouldnt be demanding special rights for illegals, wouldnt be making excuses for illegals and wouldnt be facilitating illegals. In short I would be very vocal about illegals.
Yes their are illegals from just about every country and every race here.
The difference is we don't see thousands of russians marching in protest because illegals are being deported.
We dont see thousands of asians marching because illegals are being held accountable.
Who do we see doing these things????

Old 08-02-2011, 06:37 AM

187 posts, read 181,870 times
Quote:
yes it would be. However they cant have it both ways.Hispanic Illegals enjoy a good amount of support once here. This support isnt coming from the chinese, russian, or Swede communities. It is coming from the Hispanic community.
If the hispanic community doesn't like being stereo typed as all illegal then perhaps as a community they might want to be seen taking a stand against those who give them the bad name. Stop facilitating. Stop demanding special treatment for illegals.
It is very naive to pretend that the hispanic community is a block that acts as one, that is the stereotypical anglo wishful thinking mentality, thanks god most anglos are educated or progressive. Remeber it is not all white or all black, we keep trying to profile people without success...

Old 08-02-2011, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
Non-Hispanic-Americans also have the power to sway elections one way or the other.
There were only 10-11 million Hispanic Americans who voted in the last election. I doubt with the coming election that it would be more than a couple million more than that. There are 260 million non-Hispanics in this country. Apparently someone has failed math in asserting that the Hispanic vote will sway any election.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:02 AM

Quote:
I am white and live in the country. I dont like to be stereotyped as a redneck.
I also dont have 4 junk cars parked in my yard 8 dogs tied to trees and beer cans littering my yard.
Now if I had the above then i would deserve to be stereotyped for acting and living like a redneck.
If I am hispanic and I don't like being stereo typed as an illegal then I wouldnt be putting up with illegals, wouldnt be demanding special rights for illegals, wouldnt be making excuses for illegals and wouldnt be facilitating illegals. In short I would be very vocal about illegals.
Yes their are illegals from just about every country and every race here.
The difference is we don't see thousands of russians marching in protest because illegals are being deported.
We dont see thousands of asians marching because illegals are being held accountable.
Who do we see doing these things????
Excellent and truthful post, tinman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration