U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-02-2011, 07:03 AM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times
Reputation: 410

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
It is very naive to pretend that the hispanic community is a block that acts as one, that is the stereotypical anglo wishful thinking mentality, thanks god most anglos are educated or progressive. Remeber it is not all white or all black, we keep trying to profile people without success...
Yep.

Many of us DONT want illegal aliens here an will call La Migra.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-02-2011, 07:05 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
It is very naive to pretend that the hispanic community is a block that acts as one, that is the stereotypical anglo wishful thinking mentality, thanks god most anglos are educated or progressive. Remeber it is not all white or all black, we keep trying to profile people without success...
So who is enabing these illegals when they arrive? Who is facilitating them?
Do you mean to say they simply arrive here in the middle of the nite, go apartment hunting, get a job and settle in just like that?
Who is being naive? At the very least the hispanic community as a whole is tolerant of the illegals. They as whole dont like to painted with the broad brush and I dont blame them. But at the same time you cant have it both ways.
Im not illegal, its my cousins husband who is illegal. I dont support illegal immigration but demand an amnesty. Which is it?
I dont support illegal immigration but favor the dream act.
I dont support illegal immigration but some of my friends are illegals.
cant have it both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2011, 07:06 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,127 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I am white and live in the country. I dont like to be stereotyped as a redneck.
I also dont have 4 junk cars parked in my yard 8 dogs tied to trees and beer cans littering my yard.
Now if I had the above then i would deserve to be stereotyped for acting and living like a redneck.
If I am hispanic and I don't like being stereo typed as an illegal then I wouldnt be putting up with illegals, wouldnt be demanding special rights for illegals, wouldnt be making excuses for illegals and wouldnt be facilitating illegals. In short I would be very vocal about illegals.
Yes their are illegals from just about every country and every race here.
The difference is we don't see thousands of russians marching in protest because illegals are being deported.
We dont see thousands of asians marching because illegals are being held accountable.
Who do we see doing these things????
lol, so your stereotyping is ok if a whole bunch of Hispanics are doing it? MAKES SENSE.

Your first point holds that you don't want to be a redneck, so you avoid doing things that rednecks do. But that's not what we're talking about. What we're talking about is people who argue for the increased rights of illegals being stereotyped as illegal immigrants themselves. And this is your defense of it. Horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2011, 08:03 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So who is enabing these illegals when they arrive? Who is facilitating them?
Do you mean to say they simply arrive here in the middle of the nite, go apartment hunting, get a job and settle in just like that?
Who is being naive? At the very least the hispanic community as a whole is tolerant of the illegals. They as whole dont like to painted with the broad brush and I dont blame them. But at the same time you cant have it both ways.
Im not illegal, its my cousins husband who is illegal. I dont support illegal immigration but demand an amnesty. Which is it?
I dont support illegal immigration but favor the dream act.
I dont support illegal immigration but some of my friends are illegals.
cant have it both ways.
Exactly! There is no denying that it is mostly the Hispanic community who is advocating for these illegal aliens because most of them are ethnically like themselves. Yet we are the racist ones?

Why they make this an anglo racism issue is beyond me. There are several posters in this forum alone that are black and even Hispanic and they also object to this illegal invasion from mostly south of our border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2011, 08:12 AM
 
187 posts, read 151,734 times
Reputation: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
There were only 10-11 million Hispanic Americans who voted in the last election. I doubt with the coming election that it would be more than a couple million more than that. There are 260 million non-Hispanics in this country. Apparently someone has failed math in asserting that the Hispanic vote will sway any election.

Have you checked the margin on presidential elections??, usually a couple of million, even with minimal hispanic participation in 2012, lets say 12 to 15 million, that would be way more than enough to sway the vote, and if you take the almost as large african american ethnic population of the usa, which are almost monolitically democarat, it would be fair to say that the radical right is in trouble .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2011, 08:19 AM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,237,724 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
Have you checked the margin on presidential elections??, usually a couple of million, even with minimal hispanic participation in 2012, lets say 12 to 15 million, that would be way more than enough to sway the vote, and if you take the almost as large african american ethnic population of the usa, which are almost monolitically democarat, it would be fair to say that the radical right is in trouble .....
If Obama DONT sign amnesty for ILLEGAL aliens; the amnesty people will cry cause the Dems dont care
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2011, 08:26 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,057 posts, read 29,713,783 times
Reputation: 10450
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Exactly! Why are Hispanic-Americans defending illegal aliens anyway?
Why is ANYBODY defending illegal aliens? Just by the use of the term, they aren't supposed to be here in the first place. I wonder how many other countries in the world would tolerate a situation like this for as long as the United States has. (Most countries don't even consider illegals born within their borders as citizens, for that matter).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2011, 08:34 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,127 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Why is ANYBODY defending illegal aliens? Just by the use of the term, they aren't supposed to be here in the first place.
When you say this, does it feel like it makes any sense to you? Just by the use of the term, they are indefensible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2011, 08:59 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
It is very naive to pretend that the hispanic community is a block that acts as one, that is the stereotypical anglo wishful thinking mentality, thanks god most anglos are educated or progressive. Remeber it is not all white or all black, we keep trying to profile people without success...
In that case, you must be very naive, because that is precisely what youíve assumed in post after post. But, I agree, Hispanics are not a monolith. You have your opinion of illegal immigration, and there are many Hispanics who disagree. Although you had to contradict yourself in the process, Iím glad you finally admit you do NOT speak for all Hispanics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2011, 09:15 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
Have you checked the margin on presidential elections??, usually a couple of million, even with minimal hispanic participation in 2012, lets say 12 to 15 million, that would be way more than enough to sway the vote, and if you take the almost as large african american ethnic population of the usa, which are almost monolitically democarat, it would be fair to say that the radical right is in trouble .....
It is true that most black Americans vote Democrat. But, every black person I know is totally disgusted with illegal immigration. Not to mention, many black men have been displaced by Hispanic illegal aliens, and the unemployment rate is staggering. Sorry, but there is very little support for illegal aliens. Donít be fooled by opportunists like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. They do NOT speak for most black Americans. In fact, I know black people who consider illegal immigration a greater threat than Jim Crow, and will not vote for Obama in 2012 due to his pandering. They will simply stay home. So, you would be wise not to count your chickens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top