Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2011, 12:35 PM

737 posts, read 1,148,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
So wait, you refuse to go to school in order to improve your chances and options for employment, but it's the fault of illegals that you don't have enough job prospects and you can only fight for menial, low-paying jobs that offer no benefits? Talk about a sense of entitlement.
Not all Americans can improve their chances. For some people a menial low paying job is the best they can hope for. Are you condemning a citizen with a below average IQ for being honest about their abilities? I am sure you had at least a few special ed kids in the school you attended. Their willing to work those jobs is hardly a sense of entitlement.

Those jobs should go to Americans.

This post is NOT about the person that likes to work with his hands. That is just the post you quoted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 12:43 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Agreed, with Spanish identified as one of the easiest (words being spelled exactly as they sound, letter sounds that do not change)...
Yet English is the language of commerce across the world.

Old 08-05-2011, 12:48 PM

1,574 posts, read 1,019,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipper View Post
Not all Americans can improve their chances. For some people a menial low paying job is the best they can hope for. Are you condemning a citizen with a below average IQ for being honest about their abilities? I am sure you had at least a few special ed kids in the school you attended. Their willing to work those jobs is hardly a sense of entitlement.

Are you condemning a poor person just because they were born on the wrong side of an imaginary line?

Old 08-05-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:

This post is NOT about the person that likes to work with his hands. That is just the post you quoted.
I guess construction is now a menial low paying job according to the pro-illegals? Well it didn't used to be before the arrival of cheap, illegal labor. That also goes for many once decent paying blue collared jobs. Not everyone is cut out for a white-collared job in this country. Many Americans choose to do physical jobs and there is nothing wrong with that. Our blue collared American workforce as always been the backbone of our country. Why should they have to compete with illegals for these types of jobs today?

Old 08-05-2011, 01:24 PM

187 posts, read 181,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Whoa. No. English is one of the harder common languages in the world to learn.

I'm not sure about that, but I do know that for english speaking americans, being fluent in a second language is almost unheard of. I've held assignments in several different countries, including france, puerto rico, usa and spain and have never met a single american that I cosidered fluent in a second language, however a lot of them claimed to be bilingual...

Old 08-05-2011, 01:54 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
I'm not sure about that, but I do know that for english speaking americans, being fluent in a second language is almost unheard of. I've held assignments in several different countries, including france, puerto rico, usa and spain and have never met a single american that I cosidered fluent in a second language, however a lot of them claimed to be bilingual...
Haha... You have got to be kidding me. Where do you live?

I know plenty of Americans who speak other languages and pretty darn well too.

My mother is fluent in Portuguese. She has never studied it either. She learned it by just by being around Portuguese speakers. She is not even Portuguese nor Brazilian and has never been outside of the US / Canada.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:02 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times
Quote:
You must not get out much.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:04 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
You must not get out much.
This. I speak several languages myself.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:20 PM

If an American moves to another country then sure I would expect them to learn the langauge of that country but there is nothing terrible about Americans who remain in this country all of their lives and don't know any other language than English. I can think of a lot better ways to spend my time then learning a language I will never use.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:48 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times
Quote:

Wha... ? What percentage of the population has such a low IQ that their best option for employment is to fight with an illegal to pick fruit? This just seems like such a made-up argument that accounts for such a low number of people as to border on the ridiculous. There are tons of programs out there specifically to find employment for the mentally challenged, and I seriously doubt that someone with a very low IQ could work most of these jobs we're talking about anyway. Many of them are factory-type, assembly line, agriculture, etc... that most mentally challenged folks most likely could never do to begin with due to the level of danger involved.

Again, Erik, and no doubt his friends, are probably not mentally challenged. Thus, there are more than enough ways to improve your employment options with a little diligence and education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration