U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-02-2011, 03:43 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Reputation: 124

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
How many americans do you see picking fruits in the fields compared to the numbers of illegals? Do those americans get paid below the minimum wage with no benefits as the illegals? How many americans do you see working in landscaping out there compared to illegals?
wut

the illegals doing those jobs don't make "below the minimum wage".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-02-2011, 03:46 PM
 
Location: New Hampshire
4,827 posts, read 4,646,310 times
Reputation: 3583
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Exactly, no citizen would settle for the working conditions and the pennies illegals get. Illegals are exploited because your fellow greedy american business men rather give illegals jobs than others. Get mad with them.
And the illegals are not greedy?

Why do the come here again? Besides to make money and to have a kid or 5 to live off the government?

What do you call that?

I guess greed is one of the words!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2011, 03:51 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Exactly, no citizen would settle for the working conditions and the pennies illegals get. Illegals are exploited because your fellow greedy american business men rather give illegals jobs than others. Get mad with them.
I am. Their insatiable greed has created this mess. Unfortunately, those who oppose their unethical/illegal practices are vilified. Havenít you noticed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2011, 03:53 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 788,884 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Don't know where you got that percentage but you just proved americans are more involved in those jobs. See? Then why have americans complain about illegals "taking their jobs" if they are the ones that dominate the numbers? Besides, americans woulnd't settle for a wage lower than the minimum wage with no benefits as illegals.
No.

The fact that 3% (or whatever the number is) of americans are "employed in agriculture" doesn't say ANYTHING about how many of them are out in the fields picking crops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2011, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
No.

The fact that 3% (or whatever the number is) of americans are "employed in agriculture" doesn't say ANYTHING about how many of them are out in the fields picking crops.
The 3% applies to illegal aliens, not citizens. Which leaves a whopping 97% of illegals NOT picking crops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2011, 04:00 PM
 
6,250 posts, read 5,834,118 times
Reputation: 3544
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
No.

The fact that 3% (or whatever the number is) of americans are "employed in agriculture" doesn't say ANYTHING about how many of them are out in the fields picking crops.
I see lots of american caucasians complaining about illegals taking their jobs but I am yet to hear about a caucasian that would like to work under the same conditions the illegals work at. Look at the pictures I posted and try finding just one caucasian.

CindyJoel mentioned how americans work in agriculture, sure we can see that, but in the fields? I doubt it. Caucasians working inside a nice air conditioned office with electricity, computers, phones/fax, cold drinks, etc. That I can see .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2011, 04:02 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
How many americans do you see picking fruits in the fields compared to the numbers of illegals? Do those americans get paid below the minimum wage with no benefits as the illegals? How many americans do you see working in landscaping out there compared to illegals?
Here we go again! Americans may not want to make fruit picking a career but where those workers are needed there are unlimited visas for "legal" foreign pickers.

Americans have always done landscaping jobs but those jobs dried up for Americans with the arrival of millions of illegal aliens willing to work for less. It is all about greed on the part of the employers, nothing more and nothing less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2011, 04:06 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I see lots of american caucasians complaining about illegals taking their jobs but I am yet to hear about a caucasian that would like to work under the same conditions the illegals work at. Look at the pictures I posted and try finding just one caucasian.

CindyJoel mentioned how americans work in agriculture, sure we can see that, but in the fields? I doubt it. Caucasians working inside a nice air conditioned office with electricity, computers, phones/fax, cold drinks, etc. That I can see .
Before I bid you adieu and put you on my lengthy ignore list. This isn't just about caucasions. There are other Americans who are losing their jobs to illegals also. Why should any American work like a slave at slave labor wages in the first place? Why is it ok with you for employers to hire illegal labor? It is against the law!

So you think that all Americans (I note that you pulled the race card by using only caucasians as an example) are working in an air conditioned office and none do or never have worked hard labor, blue collar jobs? Buh, bye!

Last edited by chicagonut; 08-02-2011 at 04:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2011, 04:17 PM
 
6,250 posts, read 5,834,118 times
Reputation: 3544
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Americans have always done landscaping jobs but those jobs dried up for Americans with the arrival of millions of illegal aliens willing to work for less. It is all about greed on the part of the employers, nothing more and nothing less.
The time I lived in the USA or whenever I visit I see uniformed mexicans working on landscaping just fine. With cars and trucks with the logo of the company and so on. Yet, no single caucasian there. It's not that illegals took their jobs, it seems the job is "too dirty" for american caucasians.

There are many jobs in the USA where you mostly see certain ethnicity. Nails? Vietnamese. Landscaping? Mexicans. Taxi? Middle Eastern. And so on and on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2011, 04:21 PM
 
6,250 posts, read 5,834,118 times
Reputation: 3544
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why is it ok with you for employers to hire illegal labor? It is against the law!
As I said in similar threads. I am not supporting illegal immigrants. I do find it silly for caucasian americans to complain how illegal immigrants "take their jobs" when they wouldn't even dare themselves to get their hands dirty in the same conditions illegal immigrants work and get paid pennies.

I don't care if grandma has to be sent back to Eastern Europe, Asia, a Latin country, etc. If she's illegal, why should she be rewarded? Doesn't make sense.

Quote:
So you think that all Americans (I note that you pulled the race card by using only caucasians as an example) are working in an air conditioned office and none do or never have worked hard labor, blue collar jobs? Buh, bye!
Nope, but the ones I mostly hear complaining about illegal immigrants are caucasians. As if they would want to work under the same conditions illegals work in those fields and with the same wages and no paid vacations, benefits, etc. Look at the news when they show "anti illegal imigrants" movements, the Arizona law, or simply against immigrants. All the caucasians with the signs and protesting.

http://www.thoughttheater.com/upload...i_im_ii350.jpg

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/assets_...o-custom_2.jpg

http://classracegender.files.wordpre...no-amnesty.jpg

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/1189/z3da.jpg

http://images.politico.com/global/ne...gration_ap.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h7...tion-truck.jpg

http://immigrationclearinghouse.org/...ss-211x300.jpg

There are illegal immigrants from latin america, asia, middle east, europe, etc. bit still many of these protests are focused on latin people, specially Mexicans. Feel bad for them but hey, you have to play it fair and do things right by getting your papers in order before you think of crossing a border.

Last edited by onihC; 08-02-2011 at 04:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top