U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 10:56 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,861,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Great, what do you think I should tell my lawyer friends to be doing right now in order to "uphold the law"?
If YOU have to “tell” your lawyer friends how to "uphold the law," they are clearly in the wrong profession.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:59 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,008,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If YOU have to “tell” your lawyer friends how to "uphold the law," they are clearly in the wrong profession.
Well you clearly have some insights, I was asking what they were. You do not want to share. That's OK.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:11 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,861,656 times
Quote:
Well you clearly have some insights, I was asking what they were. You do not want to share. That's OK.
As a layperson, I would never presume to “tell” my ex how to perform triple bypass surgery. Likewise, anyone who has passed the bar exam should already know how to "uphold the law." They certainly shouldn’t need your advice, or mine.

But, of course, none of this is relevant to the topic.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:57 PM

19 posts, read 11,806 times
Quote:
As a layperson, I would never presume to “tell” my ex how to perform triple bypass surgery. Likewise, anyone who has passed the bar exam should already know how to "uphold the law." They certainly shouldn’t need your advice, or mine.

But, of course, none of this is relevant to the topic.
As a REAL, experienced lawyer, I can tell you that you are right on. If Rock-what's-you-ma-call-it is really in law school, I shudder to think what's happened to our legal system.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:47 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,719,222 times
Quote:
Great, what do you think I should tell my lawyer friends to be doing right now in order to "uphold the law"?
Lawyers are not here to "uphold" the laws, they are here to "exploit" the laws. They use the laws to benefit their arguments. Police Officers/Sheriffs are here to uphold the law.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:54 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,008,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Lawyers are not here to "uphold" the laws, they are here to "exploit" the laws. They use the laws to benefit their arguments. Police Officers/Sheriffs are here to uphold the law.
Lawyers represent their clients. There are ethical obligations yada yada.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:12 PM

1,574 posts, read 793,318 times
Quote:
No, lawyers are not required to agree with every law. But, they are obligated to uphold the law.
So any legislator that has a JD that sponsors a bill (i.e. trying to change THE LAW) is unethical?

Old 08-02-2011, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post

Right back at you for your usual bs thoughtless defense of criminal activity. You forgot to throw in your usual accusation of racism.
lol You didn't even bother to read the next post. Typical. Criticisizng a dishonste "debate" tactic is different than defending the criminal activity.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
It is not a generalization to write that many if not most illegals engage in document forgery of some sort.
Yes, but the document forgery in the article linked in the OP is a totally different sort than what illegals routinely engage in. But it's more fun to pretend like it's all the same.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:04 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,962,798 times
Quote:
Lawyers represent their clients. There are ethical obligations yada yada.
Are lawyers not considered officers of the court? I will agree that many are low life scum bags who prosper from the misery of others and are proud to do so.
2011 | PSW Law
For example, lawyers must act with integrity and must not knowingly assist in any crime, fraud or illegal conduct. In other words, lawyers themselves must act within the boundaries of the law when giving legal advice.4/lawyers-as-officers-of-the-court/
I wonder why lawyers are hated ???? Could it be so many disregard integrity in favor of profit?
back to the topic.
In regard to illegals.
I doubt anyone would argue that the motivation is desire for a better life.
What is debatable is at whose expense?
Just about any crime committed when fraud or theft is involved can be argued that the criminal wanted a better life.
That does not justify the crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration