U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 07:22 PM

951 posts, read 616,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I doubt anyone would argue that the motivation is desire for a better life.
What is debatable is at whose expense?
Just about any crime committed when fraud or theft is involved can be argued that the criminal wanted a better life.
That does not justify the crimes.
OK. So if we made it easier for them to you know, actually come legally, I mean like give them an actual method of coming legally to work then who are they hurting since they would not have to commit those fraud or theft of ID crimes? In other words, what is your problem with allowing more legal people in if you think it's the illegality of it causing issues? What issues are these legal workers going to cause that legal workers now aren't causing already?

Old 08-02-2011, 07:26 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Are lawyers not considered officers of the court? I will agree that many are low life scum bags who prosper from the misery of others and are proud to do so.
2011 | PSW Law
For example, lawyers must act with integrity and must not knowingly assist in any crime, fraud or illegal conduct. In other words, lawyers themselves must act within the boundaries of the law when giving legal advice.4/lawyers-as-officers-of-the-court/
I wonder why lawyers are hated ???? Could it be so many disregard integrity in favor of profit?
back to the topic.
In regard to illegals.
I doubt anyone would argue that the motivation is desire for a better life.
What is debatable is at whose expense?
Just about any crime committed when fraud or theft is involved can be argued that the criminal wanted a better life.
That does not justify the crimes.
You're really on a roll today, tinman.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:59 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,007 times
Quote:
I wonder why lawyers are hated ????
I assumed it was because of the snooty use of paragraphs and spacing structures that make sense, as opposed to this folksy "whattheeffisgoingon" style that you have adopted.

Seriously, what does this have to do with anything? Lawyers do complicated work during frequently emotionally charged, morally contentious, high stakes conflicts and tend to walk away well-paid regardless of outcome. Lots of people, rightfully, are skeptical about the process in general. I'm sure we could all find books about it and everyone would leave a little bit wiser, giving each other some well earned blue collar intellectual high fives.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:24 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
OK. So if we made it easier for them to you know, actually come legally, I mean like give them an actual method of coming legally to work then who are they hurting since they would not have to commit those fraud or theft of ID crimes? In other words, what is your problem with allowing more legal people in if you think it's the illegality of it causing issues? What issues are these legal workers going to cause that legal workers now aren't causing already?
We already provide more VISA's than any other country. Why do we owe anyone a VISA? Why should we? So obviously there are ways to enter legally for those qualified to do so. As a nation we have the right to pick and chose who we allow to enter. We owe them nothing.
Who they may or may not hurt is questionable given that they had no problem being criminals.
We are not a wide open resourse rich nation as we were 200 years ago. Unemployment is at 9% + do we need to expand immigration at this time?
And if we do are there not plenty of applicants who have not violated laws that would be more qualified and equally interested?

Old 08-02-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
I assumed it was because of the snooty use of paragraphs and spacing structures that make sense, as opposed to this folksy "whattheeffisgoingon" style that you have adopted.

Seriously, what does this have to do with anything? Lawyers do complicated work during frequently emotionally charged, morally contentious, high stakes conflicts and tend to walk away well-paid regardless of outcome. Lots of people, rightfully, are skeptical about the process in general. I'm sure we could all find books about it and everyone would leave a little bit wiser, giving each other some well earned blue collar intellectual high fives.
Seriously ever watch late night tv? You can't escape the tort lawyer ads. They make it seem like they care when in reality the individuals will get a few dollars and they will reap huge sums. profit from misery. Is there anything lower than that?
If you dont like my posts block me. I assure you my feelings wont be hurt.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:29 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
We already provide more VISA's than any other country. Why do we owe anyone a VISA? Why should we? So obviously there are ways to enter legally for those qualified to do so. As a nation we have the right to pick and chose who we allow to enter. We owe them nothing.
Who they may or may not hurt is questionable given that they had no problem being criminals.
We are not a wide open resourse rich nation as we were 200 years ago. Unemployment is at 9% + do we need to expand immigration at this time?
And if we do are there not plenty of applicants who have not violated laws that would be more qualified and equally interested?
Agreed. Our immigration quotas are already set taking into consideration the number we can accomodate in jobs and resources and keeping in mind our population growth. It makes no sense to import more that we cannot provide the above with just so that they can become legal rather than illegal.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:29 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,005,007 times
Quote:
Seriously ever watch late night tv? You can't escape the tort lawyer ads. They make it seem like they care when in reality the individuals will get a few dollars and they will reap huge sums. profit from misery. Is there anything lower than that?
If you dont like my posts block me. I assure you my feelings wont be hurt.
Is there anything lower than tort lawyers? Yes. But they're mostly douche bags, and no one at top law schools that I know of wants to be a lawyer who has ads on television.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Is there anything lower than tort lawyers? Yes. But they're mostly douche bags, and no one at top law schools that I know of wants to be a lawyer who has ads on television.
Perhaps there is hope after all. LOL Unfortunately lawyers are also stereotyped based on such as those we have discussed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration