U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-07-2011, 07:20 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22159

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Obama should be impeached for his actions. Alabama is upholding federal law while Obama is not. If anything the governor of alabama should be President
Yes and California is creating laws that are counter to federal law and Obama isn't suing that state.

 
Old 08-08-2011, 02:34 AM
 
16,438 posts, read 18,519,594 times
Reputation: 9490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
On a related note, the Fed purposely running guns to the drug cartels was to support their BS assertion that long gun sales in the US should be controlled to keep guns from going to the drug cartels.

We can't trust the Federal government.
In case anyone doesn't understand the Feds's strategy, it's to provide demonstrable evidence that drug cartels are getting their guns from the US. Since there is no real evidence that is taking place, they manufactured the evidence to try to prove their assertion. They are proceeding with gun control measures against long gun sales anyway, even though their BS plot became embarrassing public knowledge. They think they are no longer answerable to the people.

Are they?
 
Old 08-08-2011, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Tempe, Az
1,421 posts, read 1,238,350 times
Reputation: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
OK, so let's make it much easier for these people to come here LEGALLY. Then it will all be good, right?
Nope. Get in line. Do things right. Then we MAY let you move to the USA. If that makes Mexico, etc. mad, aint my probleme.
 
Old 08-08-2011, 08:40 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,152,437 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Nope. Get in line. Do things right. Then we MAY let you move to the USA. If that makes Mexico, etc. mad, aint my probleme.
What part of we already take in 1.2 million legal immigrants annually into our country don't the pro-illegals get? Those quotas are set so that we don't take in more than we can accomodate in jobs and resources and to control our population growth. Since our economy is in the tank right now and jobs are scarce we need less not more.
 
Old 08-08-2011, 08:42 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,771 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I think they have no knowledge of the 10th Amendment...
lol, can't believe I missed this one. Please, fill us in.
 
Old 08-08-2011, 10:05 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 789,566 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Nope. Get in line. Do things right. Then we MAY let you move to the USA. If that makes Mexico, etc. mad, aint my probleme.
So the current way is exactly perfect and anything at all about it is changed, then legal immigrants suddenly aren't good anymore???
 
Old 08-08-2011, 10:06 AM
 
951 posts, read 616,961 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Nope. Get in line. Do things right. Then we MAY let you move to the USA. If that makes Mexico, etc. mad, aint my probleme.

I notice you like to keep repeating things. The thing here is, if we make it easier to get them in legally they ARE DOING THINGS RIGHT.
 
Old 08-08-2011, 10:12 AM
 
1,574 posts, read 789,566 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Nope. Get in line. Do things right. Then we MAY let you move to the USA. If that makes Mexico, etc. mad, aint my probleme.
The funny part about this argument is that it basically assumes that some people are better than others by simple virtue of where they were born.

If we ignored birth citizenship altogether (as many of the people who use this "WE might let you move here" type argument would like!), how would you like YOUR chances of getting into the US with the current immigration regime? I am pretty sure ErikCortez (along with a lot of other posters in this forum) would be on the outside looking in.

Basically, you got yours and you don't want to share.
 
Old 08-08-2011, 11:08 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,979,077 times
Reputation: 3602
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
OK, so let's make it much easier for these people to come here LEGALLY. Then it will all be good, right?
Changing the law to adapt to the illegals would only encourage more illegals to come here. The point is (even if you don't want to admit it) that those who take the legal steps required and qualify are readily admitted here. Those who don't are criminals.
 
Old 08-08-2011, 11:13 AM
 
Location: The land where cats rule
10,946 posts, read 7,979,077 times
Reputation: 3602
[quote=rhymetime;20366240]
Quote:
The funny part about this argument is that it basically assumes that some people are better than others by simple virtue of where they were born
No, that is what you say it is assuming and what you, since you say it, must assume.

Quote:
If we ignored birth citizenship altogether (as many of the people who use this "WE might let you move here" type argument would like!), how would you like YOUR chances of getting into the US with the current immigration regime? I am pretty sure ErikCortez (along with a lot of other posters in this forum) would be on the outside looking in.
You do realize that no foreign born person has a "right" to move here to live. They have to qualify. The rest of your quote is mere bias on your part.

Quote:
Basically, you got yours and you don't want to share
Basically, you continue to put words into the mouths of others, knowing that they must be true due to your telepathic abilities. Or lack of evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top