U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-08-2011, 03:01 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 789,250 times
Reputation: 124

Advertisements

What makes you think I don't comprehend it?

 
Old 08-08-2011, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
You from another thread, 5 minutes ago:



So uh, yeah, you DO want to deny them the benefits of citizenship (which include giving their parents certain privileges), more or less.

So your argument that "as citizens, they are entitled to certain rights and privileges by virtue of their citizenship. Thatís the way it is, and should be"...well that is kind of hollow. See, those ARE the rights and privileges granted by citizenship.
Nice try. But, in THIS thread, I did not mention anchors. So, whatís your point?
 
Old 08-08-2011, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
What makes you think I don't comprehend it?
Thatís easy. Your post.
 
Old 08-08-2011, 03:06 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Nice try. But, in THIS thread, I did not mention anchors. So, whatís your point?
wtf? Your views are not isolated by thread. You ARE a single human being, right? You aren't different people when you post in different threads. lol. Jesus.
 
Old 08-08-2011, 03:06 PM
 
951 posts, read 616,793 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Nice try. But, in THIS thread, I did not mention anchors. So, what’s your point?
LOL

Memo: Benicar wishes to announce that not only are studies she formerly used as sources invalid once someone points out information that doesn't agree with her agenda, things she says in separate threads can't be held against her. You must only use things she's said in this thread. This will help her to keep straight all the bull**** she's spewing.
 
Old 08-08-2011, 03:20 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 789,250 times
Reputation: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thatís easy. Your post.
Well, I understand it perfectly.
 
Old 08-08-2011, 03:39 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
wtf? Your views are not isolated by thread. You ARE a single human being, right? You aren't different people when you post in different threads. lol. Jesus.
Yes, I am one person, unlike others. However, you mentioned ďanchor babiesĒ specific to THIS thread, to which I responded accordingly. No need to invoke Jesus. To my knowledge, He is not posting on this forum.
 
Old 08-08-2011, 03:42 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
LOL

Memo: Benicar wishes to announce that not only are studies she formerly used as sources invalid once someone points out information that doesn't agree with her agenda, things she says in separate threads can't be held against her. You must only use things she's said in this thread. This will help her to keep straight all the bull**** she's spewing.
Yes, I suppose we should merge every thread on this forum to suit your needs. I responded according to the discussion on THIS thread, not comments made on another. If you have a problem with that, I suggest you complain to Yac.
 
Old 08-08-2011, 05:33 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,005,489 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, I am one person, unlike others. However, you mentioned ďanchor babiesĒ specific to THIS thread, to which I responded accordingly. No need to invoke Jesus. To my knowledge, He is not posting on this forum.
A. you are claiming that some account here is actually multiple people?
B. believe it or not, I do actually read multiple threads and compare and contrast the statements made. I didn't make claims specific to this thread, I made claims about what YOU believe.
 
Old 08-08-2011, 07:12 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
A. you are claiming that some account here is actually multiple people?
B. believe it or not, I do actually read multiple threads and compare and contrast the statements made. I didn't make claims specific to this thread, I made claims about what YOU believe.
I said, unlike others. I mentioned no names, did I? Likewise, I had not mentioned anchor babies in this thread. You did. And, I responded accordingly.

The following is my FIRST post on this thread. At no time did I mention anchor babies. So, please explain why I should respond to your post as though I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, that is NOT the assumption, and repetition will not magically make it true. No one has relegated foreigners to a status of “inferior” human beings. However, every country has citizens, and as citizens, they are entitled to certain rights and privileges by virtue of their citizenship. That’s the way it is, and should be. Otherwise, what value would citizenship hold? Sorry, but everyone cannot be born in the USA. Those who aren’t, and wish to live in this country, must meet certain standards. Why is that an unjust law?

But, we are not on the outside looking in. We were born here, just as people are born in every country in this world. Some countries offer more than others. That’s life, and life is not always fair.
Note your “future tense” response. Clearly, even YOU realized I had not mentioned anchor babies. Otherwise, you would not have used the word WILL, as in, it had NOT yet transpired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Except re: anchor babies. Just clarifying your rhetoric, which you will dispose of as soon as the anchor baby discussion comes up.
To which I responded. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I don’t recall excluding anchor babies. In fact, I didn’t mention them. Did I?
Then, in desperation, you pulled comments from ANOTHER thread to refute me on this thread. Sorry, but my comments on that thread were in response to that thread alone. The point being, I DID NOT MENTION ANCHOR BABIES IN THIS THREAD. Nor was I even thinking of anchor babies. I suppose next you’ll tell me what I’m thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
You from another thread, 5 minutes ago:



So uh, yeah, you DO want to deny them the benefits of citizenship (which include giving their parents certain privileges), more or less.

So your argument that "as citizens, they are entitled to certain rights and privileges by virtue of their citizenship. That’s the way it is, and should be"...well that is kind of hollow. See, those ARE the rights and privileges granted by citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top