U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-02-2011, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,885,341 times
Reputation: 4207

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Even the polls prove that out. Hispanics are mostly the ones advocating for these illegal aliens and you know if the majority of them were Chinese you wouldn't hear a peep out of them other than to join our side. The marches, their politicians, their advocacy groups. One would have to be totally blind not to connet the dots.

What I find odd is that EVERY SINGLE time immigration control is advocated people scream racism against Hispanics.

Now that we have a news article with someone adovcating for illegal aliens there are people here who are actually trying to infer that it's got nothing to do with the fact that the people doing the advocating are Hispanic.

Isn't it funny how that works....

 
Old 08-02-2011, 10:56 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,032 posts, read 6,885,341 times
Reputation: 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Yes, people tend to advocate for others that they feel a connection to.

The assertion that you're all agreeing with, however, is that the woman in question supports the cause she is advocating for merely because she is a Mexican-American.

It seems that you have an incredible eye for the obvious in some cases. In others....when it doesn't suit your agenda...not so much.....
 
Old 08-02-2011, 10:57 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,007,706 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
What I find odd is that EVERY SINGLE time immigration control is advocated people scream racism against Hispanics.

Now that we have a news article with someone adovcating for illegal aliens there are people here who are actually trying to infer that it's got nothing to do with the fact that the people doing the advocating are Hispanic.

Isn't it funny how that works....
It's actually not funny, nor is that "how it works."

No one on my side of this is saying that this lady's heritage is totally irrelevant to her position. I said it probably was relevant in my last post.

What is being argued is whether her position is ENTIRELY A RESULT of her heritage, which not only has been defended, but has been defended with statements that it is so obviously the case that any assertion to the contrary is ludicrous. Less than 20 posts. That's how long it takes for you to have no idea what the discussion is about.
 
Old 08-02-2011, 11:22 AM
 
25,060 posts, read 22,210,401 times
Reputation: 11578
Oh look. A 4th generation American of Mexican descent advocating on behalf of amnesty for Mexicans. Color me surprised.
 
Old 08-02-2011, 11:26 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,007,706 times
Reputation: 111
Rock bottom.
 
Old 08-02-2011, 11:41 AM
 
951 posts, read 617,999 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
A fourth generation Mexican-American advocting for illegal aliens? Need I say more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh look. A 4th generation American of Mexican descent advocating on behalf of amnesty for Mexicans. Color me surprised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Hasn’t it already been explained? For some, ethnicity trumps all.
In other words:

"It doesn't surprise us that legal Mexicans are no different than them dirty illegals. Look, they are advocating for legal options for their fellow scum. They are all the same, except of course when I am crying about only caring about the ones here illegally to fend off the people that call me racist."


GJ guys.
 
Old 08-02-2011, 11:44 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,007,706 times
Reputation: 111
Re-title thread: "Mexicans - I think you know what I mean"
 
Old 08-02-2011, 12:37 PM
 
951 posts, read 617,999 times
Reputation: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
In other words:

"It doesn't surprise us that legal Mexicans are no different than them dirty illegals. Look, they are advocating for legal options for their fellow scum. They are all the same, except of course when I am crying about only caring about the ones here illegally to fend off the people that call me racist."


GJ guys.

LOL. I got a rep for this comment with a note to "stop crying". umad.jpg

I'm not crying btw I'm pointing out the fact that despite you guys always saying you only dislike illegals in some threads, we see your true beliefs in these other threads where you state how it doesn't surprise you that these LEGAL Mexican-Americans are apparently just like the illegals they are trying to get legal options for, and we all know what you think of illegals. Need I say more?

I know it won't change anything. You will continue to be closet racists and proclaim it's only a question of the law that has you so upset despite chi-nut still proclaiming a Hispanic takeover of our culture in every other thread. You will bite your tongue more and watch what you say more because those un-American pro-illegals will construe your racism as racism and that makes you butthurt.
 
Old 08-02-2011, 05:25 PM
 
3,863 posts, read 3,175,430 times
Reputation: 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
What I find odd is that EVERY SINGLE time immigration control is advocated people scream racism against Hispanics.

Now that we have a news article with someone adovcating for illegal aliens there are people here who are actually trying to infer that it's got nothing to do with the fact that the people doing the advocating are Hispanic.

Isn't it funny how that works....
That's because in their world the Race Card trumps anything Illegal including rape and murder.

The only thing that needs to be put on Dreamies is a Deportation order for them and ALL their Illegal relatives.
 
Old 08-02-2011, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
In other words:

"It doesn't surprise us that legal Mexicans are no different than them dirty illegals. Look, they are advocating for legal options for their fellow scum. They are all the same, except of course when I am crying about only caring about the ones here illegally to fend off the people that call me racist."


GJ guys.
Funny, the ONLY person referring to illegals as “dirty” is YOU. And, this is not the first time. Yet, you have the gall to accuse others of being racists. You should take a good, long, hard look in the mirror.

It is a fact that many Hispanics, especially those with Mexican connections, support illegal aliens solely due to shared ethnicity. If the majority of illegals were not Mexican, most supporters wouldn’t give a damn about amnesty. In fact, they would be some of the most rabid opponents. I have no doubt, if the majority of illegals were Haitian, Hispanic pro-illegals would be singing a totally different tune.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top