U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:58 PM

16,119 posts, read 20,210,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
They should have closed his business
You are right, even though it apparently isn't HIS business the owner should have been convicted too

Old 08-03-2011, 03:03 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,007,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
You simply missed her points and in so doing are now feigning her intelligence by assuming she missed the joke. I know what I am talking about, there is no WTF to be had. I've known her arguments for well over 6 years, as we have both been in this immigration debate for longer then that.
This is not the proper use of feigning.

But um, no. I quoted her posts. And I quoted what you said she said. Now you can go ahead and read those posts and tell me where you pulled what you think you pulled out of it. Sadly, you appear to have read them and instead of being like "oops, someone else posted something and I thought it was her" you've gone ahead and pulled some sort of "I know what she was REALLY thinking" card. This is fabulous and I support it 100%. But to this point I assumed it was below you.

And in case you missed it initially - I quoted her posts. Then I quoted what you ascribed to her. No human being could ever think that she was saying what you said she was saying.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:04 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,717,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
You are right, even though it apparently isn't HIS business the owner should have been convicted too
Did the "owner" know? It appears that it was only the manager as he pleaded guilty to one count of engaging in a pattern or practice of recruiting or hiring illegal aliens unauthorized to work in the United States, and to one count of using a false attestation immigration document.

If you have proof that he owner knew and/or had the manager hire them, then by all means submit it as evidence.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:05 PM

2,477 posts, read 1,717,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
This is not the proper use of feigning.

But um, no. I quoted her posts. And I quoted what you said she said. Now you can go ahead and read those posts and tell me where you pulled what you think you pulled out of it. Sadly, you appear to have read them and instead of being like "oops, someone else posted something and I thought it was her" you've gone ahead and pulled some sort of "I know what she was REALLY thinking" card. This is fabulous and I support it 100%. But to this point I assumed it was below you.

And in case you missed it initially - I quoted her posts. Then I quoted what you ascribed to her. No human being could ever think that she was saying what you said she was saying.
I thought I did that in post 16.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Where are the police when you need them to check on certain "employees"?...

Oh, right...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What? Please elaborate as I have no idea what you are talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
I'm asking if the local police would have detected anything out of the ordinary when they commonly went by the locations...
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I still don't get what you are driving at. Why don't you elaborate instead of talking in riddles?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Because she made a point by invoking plausible distinction in asking how the police could have known the employees were illegal. The "riddles" was an attempt to get IBM to explain how the police should have known they were illegal employees.
Re-post with extra context for lulz. What could you possibly be talking about here? Where did she "ask how the police could have known the employees were illegal"? lol. lol.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:11 PM

Yac...end this.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:12 PM

321 posts, read 306,006 times
BUT they are just doing jobs that Americans do not wanna do amirite?

LOLZ they are stealing jobs from Americans.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:14 PM

321 posts, read 306,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
...end this.
ask elliottR instead imo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or