Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the Mexican Culture a big reason their economy is failing and it's people have to immigrate to Am
Yes, the Mexican Culture discourages education, efficency and business creation 9 40.91%
The Mexican Culture is fine, their economy is bad because of poor government 11 50.00%
The Mexican Culture will create a RICH COUNTRY soon 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 01:57 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,860 times

Advertisements

I remember reading, years ago, an interview with a coffee plantation laborer in Mexico. He lived with his wife and children in a makeshift shack and put in 12-14 hours a day. The reporter (American) asked him why he was living in such conditions and was there any recourse for him. He replied that the wealthy Mexicans don't care because he's a "mixed breed" (Mexican-Indian), that every day he watched them drive by in their Mercedes and they ignore him and others like him, that there is no possibility in that country for people like him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 08:56 AM

1 posts, read 1,698 times
Dont be retarded people. I have been living in Mexico for nine months now. Let me tell you about 70% of the people here are border line zombies. They have no goals, no ambition, and a general lack of common sense. The government is no better. The people are lazy and even the labor laws are designed to keep them that way-- like mindless slaves. It is true there is basically only 2 clases here. The upper class-- which is tiny-- and the slaves-- which is huge. Even the upperclass here though does not have the drive of even an average american. The workers that live here -most of them have no running water and if they do no water heater to heat it. No gas to cook. An outhouse for a toilet that is just a hole dug in the ground. And a shack (something much like a homeless person or vagrant would sleep in). And 90% of them have parasites-- food workers are required to take parasite test every 6 months to test for worms, hep, hiv, etc. and most fail every time. No wonder the people come to the US to live. Heat hot water electricity a toilet and food/ water you can consume without getting worms- not to mention a roof. I currently live in Cabo San lucas- one of the richest cities here --imagine the rest of the country. And let me tell you the work ethic that American Mexicans have is 10x's what real Mexicans have. There is a reason why people from all Countries leave to come to the US.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
They're not here for jobs, they're here to take back land from America.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:20 AM

683 posts, read 1,468,482 times
CensusData:

45 million us residents of mexican ancestry. Your pain must be Huge... Lol.

I am gonna call you carlitos from now on.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:31 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
CensusData:

45 million us residents of mexican ancestry. Your pain must be Huge... Lol.

I am gonna call you carlitos from now on.
Did you pull that figure out of the air? When did this country become populated by 45 million Mexican-Americans? Or, are you suggesting we have 30+ million illegal Mexicans residing in this country. If so, they aren’t Mexican-Americans, they are illegal aliens. Moreover, I didn’t realize ALL Hispanics are Mexican. In any case, please share your source.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:45 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick 77 View Post
Dont be retarded people. I have been living in Mexico for nine months now. Let me tell you about 70% of the people here are border line zombies. They have no goals, no ambition, and a general lack of common sense. The government is no better. The people are lazy and even the labor laws are designed to keep them that way-- like mindless slaves. It is true there is basically only 2 clases here. The upper class-- which is tiny-- and the slaves-- which is huge. Even the upperclass here though does not have the drive of even an average american. The workers that live here -most of them have no running water and if they do no water heater to heat it. No gas to cook. An outhouse for a toilet that is just a hole dug in the ground. And a shack (something much like a homeless person or vagrant would sleep in). And 90% of them have parasites-- food workers are required to take parasite test every 6 months to test for worms, hep, hiv, etc. and most fail every time. No wonder the people come to the US to live. Heat hot water electricity a toilet and food/ water you can consume without getting worms- not to mention a roof. I currently live in Cabo San lucas- one of the richest cities here --imagine the rest of the country. And let me tell you the work ethic that American Mexicans have is 10x's what real Mexicans have. There is a reason why people from all Countries leave to come to the US.
That's also the exact reason why we should be keeping them out and the Mexican Govt should be fixing it. Mexicans are getting preferential treatment only because they are close.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:12 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,105,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick 77 View Post
How Mexicans view Americans

Mexicans see Americans as racist, dishonest and exploitative, while Americans see Mexicans as hardworking and think they are more tolerant than Americans.
A new survey of attitudes the two countries hold toward each other showed the border is more than a geographic divide, but also a fissure in public opinions of the two nations and what their citizens think of each other.
The poll, taken by New York-based Zogby International and the Centro de Investigacion para el Desarrollo AC in Mexico City, found that 62 percent of Mexicans surveyed said the United States is more wealthy than Mexico because "it exploits others' wealth." Only 22 percent said it was because the United States is "a free country where people have plenty of opportunity to work."
Among Americans, 78 percent saw Mexicans as hardworking, and 44 percent saw them as tolerant. Among Mexicans, just 26 percent saw Americans as hardworking, 16 percent saw them as honest and 73 percent said Americans are racist.
"Mexicans think Americans are neither hard workers nor honest," the report's authors wrote. "They see them as racist, intolerant and moderately law-abiding."
The study comes as Congress is debating how to increase immigration enforcement and whether to create a guest-worker program that would allow new foreign workers and current illegal aliens -- a majority of whom are Mexican nationals -- to apply.
President Bush yesterday called for a "civil" debate, saying the nation has "been through these periods before where the immigration debate can get harsh."
"And it should not be harsh," he added.

Americans view Mexicans well; reverse not true - Washington Times

Old 08-18-2010, 02:15 PM

The only "aid" we should be supplying Mexico and Guatemala is birth control until they can stabilize the amount of poor they have.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:23 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
You can't just sit on you butt all day and stir a pot of refried beans and expect to build a great civilization.

Our ancestors worked hard to build the greatest country in earth's history, and they succeeded. They created a land where people achieve much more than their cousins back in the old country. For example: Poland is a crap hole but Polish Americans are wealthy and highly educated.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
You can't just sit on you butt all day and stir a pot of refried beans and expect to build a great civilization.

Our ancestors worked hard to build the greatest country in earth's history, and they succeeded. They created a land where people achieve much more than their cousins back in the old country. For example: Poland is a crap hole but Polish Americans are wealthy and highly educated.
Our Social Service system has created a huge problem rewarding people to do nothing. For people coming here iilegally that is more than what they left and many appear happy with it. That's not very motivating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration